Does delay affect the result of a game.
I played a 1v1 against larry/rofl/whatever. We agreed to play on his server, where he gets 10ping, whilst i get 370ping. My PJ was stable, and larry/rofl/whatever had no problems with that. However, he and enrique (vault who was spectating) accuses me of having an advantage because of delay hits (after i die, i get 1-2 bullets in him due to delay).

Larry then continues to say stuff like... its only cos u lag u win. u always get bullets to hit me after u die. if u didnt lag ud be so shit... (keep in mind he was complaining about delay, not pj/teleporting)

Yes i know delay is annoying, but 1) u wanted this server. 2) doesnt change the fact that my crosshair went over u and i fired before i died.

I honestly didnt care about the result of this game, its only a 1v1 and doesnt really mean anything, but he got really defensive because i was winning. lol.

[Image: QpkgSl.jpg]

Thanks given by:
No. Of course it doesn't. Sorry but I can't be bothered finding RK's explanation on this... Hasn't he ever played with your amount of ping before?

In short: He is just butthurt. Why didn't you tell him to prepare his anus?

EDIT: Oh and with 370ms ping, does he really expect you to get a hitsound almost immediately after you hit a shot at him? Oh and these kind of people really irritate me. I don't bother playing with them, if all I'm going to get is complaints of "lag" and whatnot, if you complain, then lets play on a NZ server where I DON'T "LAG". My 2 cents.
Thanks given by:
Larry is a very competitive person as you can see. I'd just not mind him. I don't really think delay shooting has an advantage, but it can get annoying. However, like you said anyways, he picked the server so he should've seen it coming. Next time advice him to pick a server that is between you two, not one made by Larry himself located 20,000 kilometers from you :)
Thanks given by:
we are very sorry that we dont all live in the same house and get the exact same ping/delay/lag/whatever honestly nobody can give a crap..chubby won larry lost GG
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 11, 04:30AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Larry is a very competitive person...pick a server that is between you two.

If I were to be really competitive... e.g. with games like CS:S, I would not go to any server if my ping is over 60ms..
But yet again, this is AssaultCube, and isn't very competitive compared to other FPS games out there.

I can understand a viewpoint of someone like him though, because pretty much every online-game you play, you're always able to be in a good server with relatively good ping (e.g. in CS:S I can get as low as 6ms ping to local servers), and playing where there is delay just feels... unnatural, and as Wolf pointed out: "annoying".

Thanks given by:
larry has no reason to complain if he picked the server, its his fault so he needs to deal with it. larry next time use common sense. You could have always gone to a more equal server.
Thanks given by:
Did he mention that it also gives you a disadvantage?

He should've just killed you faster, that would make him beat you :3
Thanks given by:
Yeah, delay doesn't make a difference, since they hit him regardless.

If it was round-based, then it would be a different story...
Thanks given by:
I really don't see the point with this thread...
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 11, 08:53AM)C4rma Wrote: I really don't see the point with this thread...

Neither can i lol, since i thought the concept of delay was obvious
Thanks given by:
rofl Wrote:Regardless of who's right, I shouldn't have flamed you. My objection was only that, although the game allows approximately the same time for each player to kill one another, with lag this time is much higher changing the game significantly to something it is not without lag. This necessitates a tactic of camping and corner-play which I am too impatient for and hence I was frustrated.

This is no justification for flaming you though, so sorry!

He asked me to post this here as it has been closed.
Thanks given by: