The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
Quote:What I had hoped is that somehow the political division and the game play concerns could be separated.

You can be sure we separate it... The source of trouble regarding the game play is not related to politics, but to the tastes and plans of each dev, and their choice to listen or not listen to the community requests.

Let me give you one single example to illustrate what I am trying to say:
1) The community requested to end the nade spamming/ratio whore
2) After long discussions in the forum, we identified the grenade to be the main source of this issue (everybody contributed to the discussion, and obviously we gave higher attention to the veterans, because they know the game better than the others). The only dev in the discussion was me.
3) I proposed 1 change to the dev's team: reduce the grenade gib to 1 frag (imo, this was sufficient to fix the issue considering the long discussion we previously had in the community). Makke accepted the change, we tested it, and it was ok.
4) Then RK proposed to reduce the pick up to 1 nade. I got scared with this idea, but he is a dev, he works for free for this game and we should test.
5) So I proposed to carry 3 nades to balance this last change. We tested and it was ok.
6) Me, RK and Makke got a long and stressful discussion (in IRC and in game) about put or not the nade gib back to 2 frags. The nade is still 1 frag because 2 frags was the main source of ratio whore and nade spam.

All changes passed by a stressful process like this.
I will not explain the armor issue because this comes before me (and this was the seed which put stef out of the dev's team... and I say seed because if the land was not fertile, the seed would not have grown).

The point is, we are humans, we are trying to please everybody, the dev's team must find a consensus, sometimes we got stressed, sometimes we stress other people, and we do not have infinity time to debate our ideas/tastes.
Sorry. For being being humans.

Eventually we do mistakes, and in the transition from 1.0 to 1.1 looks like we did even more than usual.
But the 1.1 release was late. We did everything (possible and impossible) in a f*cking hurry to make it true before 2011.

If we had more trusted people testing, helping and giving (friendly) feedbacks, must probably we would not have so much post-release issues.

The real supporters of this game were playing the trunk with the dev's, testing each change and proposition. Saying in the right time: "Hey! This change is a shit."

Also, I do not understand why you keep hitting the keystroke of "politics". The AC "childish politics" made drian and makke never really be part of this community, and part of the reason why the left (the main reason they left is real life requests, obviously... this is the main reason why everybody leaves this community).
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Brahma - 05 Oct 10, 03:49PM