Appeal to a Blacklist
Hello,

Yes I cheated, but I am not full of myself. Reading the forum rules, I have made sure that this post complies with all of the forum rules regarding posting. As of yet, I have not seen any rules that state that it is wrong, or worth banning posting on this subject. This post is a statement of good faith on the the part of myself the poster regarding the subject.

I feel it highly irregular if I would be banned on the forum for posting as there is nothing saying that one should not.

I am the Blacklist at: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1-post-67420.html#pid67420

Reasons for cheating: It was just a rush. I was not looking to score high. It was me, a program that accelerates the client program and I wonder what happens if I.....?

I do enjoy this game, it is quite fast compared to wolfenstein enemy territory.

Earlier I discussed with Lucas my finding when using a specific program, about game packet handling and all of that. Since I dont have time to look at the source and write a different routine for packet handling I simply gave my educated opinion on the subject. I would very much like to commute the sentance to less than the usual 3 months if possible.

I understand that Jamz does not normally do this. Which I feel sorry about. It was not my intention for people to feel hurt or pain over what I did. I understand the consequences of cheating. Nor was my cheating an attempt at anyway to seem superior or humiliate other people. If that was the case I am sorry.

One of the IRC members said that it might be possible remotely if I downloaded a "demo". As of yet, I have not found this demo on the forum and would be interested in complying in any way with the powers that be.

The program I used is in no way a means of gaining unauthorized access in any form to any given computer and only accelerates the client program. Thus I was not involved in anything illegal.

This post does not mention the program I used as per forum rules to discourage cheating. That has already been discussed with Lucas, and another member in communication with Jamz.

What I did not discuss was my initial treatment when I tried to talk to Jamz on IRC. I dont feel I need to escalate the situation. I never said anything derogatory on the #assaultcube channel. It was my hope to have an audience with Jamz to talk with him about the subject.

I do understand that as owners of AssaultCube, you do get to set the rules and what is said goes. It is just my hope that I may alleviate any hard feelings about the situation.

Peace,
w00+

Mod edit: Little fix (now I know is not needed) with links.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Appeal to a Blacklist - by w00+ - 02 Sep 11, 11:43PM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by Viper - 02 Sep 11, 11:58PM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by V-Man - 03 Sep 11, 12:05AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by jAcKRoCk* - 03 Sep 11, 12:30AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by V-Man - 03 Sep 11, 12:38AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by w00+ - 03 Sep 11, 12:46AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by OpenSource - 03 Sep 11, 02:31AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by Shorty - 03 Sep 11, 02:56AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by jAcKRoCk* - 03 Sep 11, 04:19AM
RE: Appeal to a Blacklist - by w00+ - 03 Sep 11, 05:59AM