Physics engine in AssaultCube (ragdoll)
(08 Dec 10, 10:50PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote:
(08 Dec 10, 04:16PM)wolfbr Wrote: however, in sauer you can enable and disable effects, thus the game runs well on any machine : ).
[...]

That doesn't apply for any machine actually. I can disable all and everything, but Sauerbraten won't get beyond 30 FPS at all. ;)

Thanks to everyone giving hints and help on that issue. I meanwhile understand a little more about the possibilities having models with skeletons, but as FlowTron mentioned, I doubt the expected benefit would cover the costs, so to say.

http://cube.wikispaces.com/Beginners+Guide
Typically, to run Sauerbraten at playable speeds on minimum settings, you'll need at least:
1GHz or higher CPU, 256MB RAM and a GeForce 4 MX or equivalent GPU.

For maximum settings, you'll need at least:
2GHz or higher CPU, 512MB RAM and a GeForce 6600 or equivalent shader model 2.0 GPU.

---
I do not think it is very, run in a P3, AC has some cool effects, which do not weigh much in the game(lights,shadows,water..), I just think that some effects can be improved without much grief in the game, and can be configured for most of the machines. i like to see more effects(exemple, rain, snow, realistic gibs..)

exemple;
water: bullet hit water(water splash), configure amount of blood(like gibs), body walk in the water(water trail), underwater bubbles under water(for players and bullets trails).

bullets coliders> improve bullets hits, body and walls(improves the game because you can better see where the bullets hit, especially good for long distance)

weapons drop shells> more realism and fun

weather effects> rain, fog, snow..

improve players anims>

and others small thinGs : ) < FIXED : D (flood trol XD)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physics engine in AssaultCube (ragdoll) - by wolfbr - 09 Dec 10, 03:48AM