The Reason I'm Quitting...
...When I shoot people they should take damage! :D

Seriously, so many times I shoot first and have equal health and don't miss a bullet and the result is I die and my enemy lives.

Maybe I just suck at aiming? The above happens even when the person I'm shooting is crouched in a tunnel or not moving. I can see my crosshair over the center of the player.

Maybe it's spread? This happens at close range where spread is not large enough to matter. If it was spread I would also have it work to my advantage around half the time.

Maybe they actually shoot first? According to my client's view of the game I shoot first, however I realize that that may be the case for my adversary too. It is possible they actually shoot first. However this happens with even with fairly low ping players hence they would, at best, be able to apply 1 extra bullet due to firing earlier; and yet in these cases I often fall short by more than 1 bullet.

Maybe they had shield? Checking demos reveals they don't. I often know players can't have taken more than 25 shield (e.g. they respawned and I encounter them before they can get out of base) in which case it still takes 5 AR bullets to kill.

Cry more? No, I think I'll do more constructive, worthwhile things than play a video game I can't win due to lag. I have no issues in other games; I've even played at an invite-only level in some games. If I thought the issue was me I'd be alot happier since I could improve my game.

Thanks to the devs for a still-very-addictive game. For ages I've had lots of fun in AC but I see no way to ad[/b]vance anymore.

Best wishes,

Larry
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
The Reason I'm Quitting... - by Larry - 14 Nov 10, 06:39AM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by jAcKRoCk* - 14 Nov 10, 09:52AM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by Undead - 14 Nov 10, 11:41AM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by Andrez - 14 Nov 10, 12:10PM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by pweaks - 14 Nov 10, 12:31PM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by titiPT - 14 Nov 10, 12:51PM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by Gibstick - 14 Nov 10, 02:43PM
RE: The Reason I'm Quitting... - by Jason - 14 Nov 10, 04:10PM