PC Gaming Getting Cheaper?
PC gaming is indeed getting cheaper and we can give a big fat thanks to AMD for that. It's was all about goddamn NVidia (and Intel too, to an extent) JACKING UP the prices of their gear to un-affordable levels. Even heavy gamers don't want to spend $400+ on just their graphics and the HD 5xxx series basically told NVidia "err fuck you, we'll give gamers the same performance at half the price". NVidia cut the cost of most of their cards by almost 30% just to stay in competition (should see what the GTX 260's release price was). Cost vs performance, the Phenom II is also a far better choice giving 6-core performance surpassing i5's and close to the i7 (not the i7 extreme which is miles ahead in both performance and price).

Today, an AMD+ATI-based gaming PC can give you POWERHOUSE performance for a very, very good deal.

Sadly HP, Dell (and the likes) will continue to rip people off simply because the average PC user doesn't know WHERE to buy their computer from or what to look for. It's almost as if the "geek shops" are underground cults or something.
A $1000 NZ computer bought from a dedicated tech shop will give almost TWICE the performance of a $1000 pre-made Dell or HP from your local TV/Computer store.

The biggest barrier into PC gaming for the average consumer is lack of knowledge, nothing else.

Man, some people are still stuck with the idea that XBox/PS3 consoles have superior graphics vs PC's, go figure -_-

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by ZeroRacer - 07 Oct 10, 07:11AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by Stupefy - 07 Oct 10, 08:15PM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by Zarjio - 08 Oct 10, 12:09AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by Mael - 08 Oct 10, 02:17AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by V-Man - 08 Oct 10, 06:52AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by Ruthless - 08 Oct 10, 09:45AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by XFA - 08 Oct 10, 10:24AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by ZeroRacer - 08 Oct 10, 10:44AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by Stupefy - 09 Oct 10, 05:14AM
RE: PC Gaming Getting Cheaper? - by V-Man - 09 Oct 10, 07:08AM