Is this forum's moderation failing?
(27 Sep 10, 07:01PM)tempest Wrote: Do you really think you are the only one to judge about that?

That's part of the mod's job. If there is problem with that use the way Bukz implied here.

Drakas Wrote:...
The "missing thread" hasn't gone into oblivion. As OpenSource already implied the post has been doubleposted at TyD! forums. You can read it here. According to the fact that people generally get the advice that if they have a problem or something to discuss with a certain clan that they should post in their forum instead in posting at the official forums, I don't see any problem with that proceeding.

According the so called "TyD incident". I can't speak about the content of a post in the AC forum, but you can read our reactions here and some staments here. I hope this clarify it once for all.

The thread 1.0 alternative server list is in fact open again. Therefore this should something to be happy for. Whoever is looking to the posts will find the same ongoing flaming...

...like in the post TO ALL SERVER ADMINS: How to be the best Admin Ever!. The only crucial point I see in this thread is that an admin started the flaming (that is something we can discuss of course). Due several restrictions I can't reopen that thread "as wished" - See here. As matter of fact I have to use the mod's privilege to post in a closed thread.

... which is true, that I have also done in the thread Xu - Exile Unit. Sorry that I have to disappoint everyone - but I'm also human and when I'm here I'm not focussed in looking always if the "closed" button is already on. So, SORRY. If some think that this is should be prevented in the future he can of course send a request to the admins to remove that privilege (but he should have in mind that there is a reason for it, see 4.). Nevertheless, the allegation that "This offends many other members who have something useful to say and add, and are prevented from doing so" is something I can't prove. The thread never has been reported for that, nor that I, another mod or an admin has been contacted as far as I know.

This thread sounds a bit like the past discussions about blacklisting when people are talking against admins who tried to fight against cheaters rather then talking about the cheaters who caused the existance of blacklist, admins aso. Same goes here.

Of course the moderation isn't perfect - in fact we are discussing currently about new official forum rules cause the former ones hasn't been republished here and seems to be lost. Nevertheless if we take a closer look into the closed threads then we will often find the same five or six people who turn every thread into a ridiculousness. And some of them have also posted into this thread. Some of them also have been already warned and banned in the past. Do they have learned something - I dont think so. So if we search for "excellent examples of why this community is quickly falling apart" - there you find it.

Same goes of course to the many ppl here who suffer on narcism, which means easy in given critics, and failing in receiving it. Whatever, we have to deal with them somehow.

Conclusion: Whatever, imo this game has had already it's best time. It might be now more technical advanced then years ago and we have more modes and nicer maps. But the most people who helped to made all of this, who brought in their passion and knowledge, are gone. The often glorified community has been nearly destroyed by itself: spammers, offenders, bigmouths, enviers, long time members who turned out to cheaters, resentful devs, "victims" and no to mention that bunch of 13 and 15 years old "I'm-the-greatest"-wannabes which currently in control of this forums and so on, and so on... And they are still there like a pest.

This all is probably the last rise up before death is coming. I'm very pessimistic that this game will be still active developed to this time in the next year.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by Apollo{TyD} - 27 Sep 10, 10:54PM