Desura
Desura is in fact open source on the client side, so no proprietary madness installed to your machine. Desura allows you to push back updated versions through their system. Cube2 Sauerbraten and Red Eclipse are listed and will install very well through Desura. You can go grab them and play them completely free right now. Seeing as Assault Cube is based on their old engine I don't expect it to be too hard to get AC listed. If you are a month away from a major release, it may pay to wait until that release is made and start supporting Desura with that one.

Desura really is nice and I am using it to play most the games I usually do. Notably missing from the usual is Assault Cube and MegaGlest, but one at a time eh >.> Not like I couldn't grab the upstream tarballs and play that way, I find enough convenience for myself as a user to want to use Desura.

The Desura devs seem to be a great bunch of guys trying to make an honest buck through the commercial end of the product, and seem more than happy to have the open source games on there as it makes people more likely to start using their product. They are also providing a service for Linux users in giving them a cross distribution way to install games (That aren't too old to be useful like those in a lot of repositories).

I like their service, I love your game, I would like to see both of them thrive into the future. Therefor my request yesterday/today. (P.S. I do develop software)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Desura - by SalineOS - 01 Feb 12, 07:06PM
RE: Desura - by MykeGregory - 01 Feb 12, 07:14PM
RE: Desura - by OpenSource - 01 Feb 12, 07:24PM
RE: Desura - by MykeGregory - 01 Feb 12, 07:26PM
RE: Desura - by jamz - 02 Feb 12, 12:20AM
RE: Desura - by SKB - 02 Feb 12, 01:08AM
RE: Desura - by Cleaner - 02 Feb 12, 11:24AM
RE: Desura - by SalineOS - 02 Feb 12, 03:40PM
RE: Desura - by tempest - 02 Feb 12, 04:36PM
RE: Desura - by SalineOS - 02 Feb 12, 06:17PM