Quantitative Values on Unhits
Could its possibly rely on the persons ping your shooting at?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 01:33AM)bballn45 Wrote: Could its possibly rely on the persons ping your shooting at?

No.

I won't be working further on this since the main point was to bring awareness to the problem. I'm confident the problem is completely fixed in SVN so finding the causes is probably only of short use. The most established link is with FPS so if you want to mitigate your hit-loss try to raise your framerate (update drivers, lower graphics settings, disable vsync, lower resolution, etc...).

The highest I recorded was actually Mystered:

Mystered42%
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 11, 02:21PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: sometimes almost NONE of my bullets hit. I have no idea why that is, but if you could let me test out the server sometime I'd be appreciative :)

i know what it is, you should aim on a player ^^

haha jk

but really test me toooo :D
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 12, 09:28PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(04 Jan 12, 01:33AM)bballn45 Wrote: Could its possibly rely on the persons ping your shooting at?

No.

I won't be working further on this since the main point was to bring awareness to the problem. I'm confident the problem is completely fixed in SVN so finding the causes is probably only of short use. The most established link is with FPS so if you want to mitigate your hit-loss try to raise your framerate (update drivers, lower graphics settings, disable vsync, lower resolution, etc...).

The highest I recorded was actually Mystered:

Mystered42%

So my dialup isnt why i have high drop shots since im going to make an assumption and say that mystered has highspeed (he would never get allowed into mys on account of Melone and Yoursister <3)
Thanks given by:
Larry good job.
The result of this work are alarming. In particular, the individual percentages shown are embarassing for the players who were considered good. It is curious as well that w00pies (Dam, Newbie, @cid) have the lowest, while MyS have the highest. It seems fair to purpose that the next TaS league should be absolutely played only on low hitdrops servers (if they exist), to avoid highly unfair matches.

Probably most of you don't consider a 20% drop as important. Well, in matches is more than fundamental. When 2 players facing each other aim perfectly and it is ALWAYS the same one to die, then the game need absolutely to be fixed.

I would not even undestimate the Elite opinion. I had the same impression that some players can't be hit a lot, while others can be hit easily.

As a test case, you should replay matches using couples of players.
You can easily get for example @cid / mystered / jason and try the different combinations to see hitdrops differences
Thanks given by:
lol i consider a 10% drop a lot and i have 30% and mystered has 40%
Thanks given by:
Even 5% is alot when you thimnk about the implications, 30 and 40% are just crazy drop rates! This game clearly has a fundemental flaw at the moment. As a server operator I would like to run a "fixed" server but I am not sure i would be allowed to connect to teh MS with it.

Devs please make a decision here, can I (if i can get hold of the source) run fixed servers on the MS?

btw i have been playing smg for about 6 months and i also see this, its def nothing to do with ping as i see it also on my own servers where my ping is typically 5. I also get constantly droped sounds!
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 12, 06:03AM)YourSister Wrote: When 2 players facing each other aim perfectly and it is ALWAYS the same one to die, then the game need absolutely to be fixed.

i have this all the time in cm's! and i'm the one who dies....

Thanks given by:
It should be very interesting to see the average PJ to make a ratio.

I remember a while ago that Lucas sent me an adress where i could see anticheat messages (as logs) from some hlin servers, and all those messages ("fast burst" for ex) were hightly related to the PJ.
Thanks given by:
Hooooo noooooooooo ! I ll be a fucking noob if we fix the servers :DDD

i'm sure they will be no changes..

Maybe larry accept that you are not good enough for this game :)

Joke.

kiss kiss
Thanks given by: