The Return of Ki113R?
Finally with A-Levels over, I can finally breathe. I'll probably be moving out of the college hostel and hopefully get a decent gaming internet connection. However, no matter how much I try to convince myself, I don't think I can really go back to AC as a gamer. Even if I did, I would be so rusty that I'll do worse than I did in clan matches. Having an internet connection that blocks online games for one and a half years has pretty much changed most of how I spend my free time on the computer.

Programming has been an interest for me for a long time, but now it supersedes gaming and I now only play games to chill between coding sessions. I've started a simple casual game to sharpen up my skills before I move on to more complex stuff. Eventually I hope to know enough to contribute to the AC engine. (^_^)

So what does this mean? Well on the in-game side, you wouldn't hear much from me, just like the past one year. On the coding and modding side, there would be a lag until I finally master 3D coding and so I'm sticking with just modelling for now.

I've placed my playermodel work in a hiatus for the moment because it's quite a complicated and messy work, but I'm working on simpler 3D stuff for now at High Tech Cubers.

There are many directions to expand the engine on such as md5/iqm model support, a more efficient lighting system (which I have a rough idea so far – volume brushes), a cleaner UI and a few other little things. But since I'm a coding n00b at the moment, it would take a long while (a couple of years at most (>_0)) before I can get those done. Baby steps, I suppose.

I would like to extend my thanks to the aCKa clan, which without, I would've have moved on to Sauerbraten or something else without looking back at AC. However, as a gamer, I guess I have failed you (>.<) and if you want, I am prepared to be booted out.

Lee "LeeZH" Zher Huei
Also known as |aCKa|Ki113R
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
The Return of Ki113R? - by LeeZH - 17 Nov 10, 10:41AM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by #M|A#Wolf - 17 Nov 10, 01:41PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by Alien - 17 Nov 10, 01:54PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by ElCrema - 17 Nov 10, 02:13PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by Alien - 17 Nov 10, 03:18PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by VallDiGna - 17 Nov 10, 03:27PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by Alien - 17 Nov 10, 03:35PM
RE: The Return of Ki113R? - by LeeZH - 17 Nov 10, 03:37PM