Poll: Would tweaking weapon ranges and damage inflicted at given distances help improve or balance game play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no, it's fine as is.
71.43%
5 71.43%
yes, some weapons should have a max distance and not inflict any damage outside a given distance.
14.29%
1 14.29%
yes, the game should have bullet drop factored into each weapon to limit effective range
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances?
(27 Jan 16, 10:14PM)insideJOB Wrote: thanks for the response and image. is there any documentation on other weapons spreads?

I just have this image because only this weapon has known a "radical" change it its code and because it has been discussed on this forum.
I don't think it is necessary for you to have documentations of other weapons, basically for the SMG and the AR, when you maintain the left click, the bullets are less and less accurates until a point it reaches the minimal accuracy limit. Then for the Carbine and the Sniper (when you use the scope), the accuracy are so "perfect" it's not a problem at all on official maps.

(27 Jan 16, 10:14PM)insideJOB Wrote: It just seems very unrealistic that a shotgun could be shot across the entire length of a map and only spread out into a 4 cube square.

The spread is not so small

(27 Jan 16, 10:14PM)insideJOB Wrote: I guess i am mainly interested the exact cube distances where the weapons differences in damage capabilities are most apparent as I think this info would be useful in map design.

If you play the game enough, you might be able to know what's the best for each weapons and in which situations they are the best.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances? - by ExodusS - 29 Jan 16, 12:13PM