Poll: Which dates are you available to play? (multiple choice)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
4 June - 15 July
28.40%
23 28.40%
11 June - 22 July
12.35%
10 12.35%
18 June - 29 July
19.75%
16 19.75%
25 June - 5 August
39.51%
32 39.51%
Total 81 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACWC Preparation Discussion
only ref on server is good. connection will only takes 20 sec.
if the player who disconect is in the wining team, loosing team are not forbidden to stop.
just be ready to sub
Thanks given by:
You guys want to play the AC Olympics? It will be fun!
Thanks given by:
(04 May 12, 07:29PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: You guys want to play the AC Olympics? It will be fun!
Please refrain from drawing attention away from this tournament to yours ;).
Go post in your thread if need be :>.

inb4 both happen concurrently.
Thanks given by:
Larrryyy; Ever thought of the streamer to go into a teamspeak channel and listen to the team for say 30 seconds or so.

e.g: Australia V Iran

First map: d3 Maybe when a team is losing or a team is playing really well, the streamer could mute the casters and unmute the AUS ts so that they can listen to AUS for say 30 seconds, before muting and going back to the casters ts.

This would require a bind such as "9" so that when he mutes the caster ts, the other ts becomes unmuted, and he pressed 9 again to go back to the casting etc.
Thanks given by:
Why did you mention Aus vs Iran?!
Thanks given by:
As an example. Also that does sound like a very nice idea. Hearing how a team uses communication to better themselves. Brilliant
Thanks given by:
(05 May 12, 02:02PM)Xenon Wrote: Larrryyy; Ever thought of the streamer to go into a teamspeak channel and listen to the team for say 30 seconds or so.

I had given this some thought earlier. I had decided against posting it because of the information it gives to rounds in the future. Also, I don't know about you guys, but with groups I play with online, the channels can get kind of loud and a little R rated.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 12, 02:02PM)Xenon Wrote: Larrryyy; Ever thought of the streamer to go into a teamspeak channel and listen to the team for say 30 seconds or so.

I like the idea, let me chat to Waffles' Band of Bros about it. Obviously it's something the teams themselves would have to agree to.
Thanks given by:
If the teams are ok with it I see no problem. It may cause some distraction for the players but if the cast team was in 3 channels simultaneously we could avoid the "user has joined your channel." That would mean 3 different servers would need to be used unless there is a way to be in multiple channels on one server. As far as R-rated goes I dont think that's a problem. I've definitely dropped the F bomb more than once and half of what Jason says is drug related.
Thanks given by:
Their is always a way to evade this rule, their is no point trying to find a solution. There, for example player A , B and C is on teamspeak with the streamer , subs D and E and spectating but on another channel
but players A B C D E are all on skype, with A B C has the mic muted(only on skype), and D and E helping them.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 07:09PM)Mystered Wrote: Their is always a way to evade this rule, their is no point trying to find a solution. There, for example player A , B and C is on teamspeak with the streamer , subs D and E and spectating but on another channel
but players A B C D E are all on skype, with A B C has the mic muted(only on skype), and D and E helping them.

By fixing /benchme and delaying the stream by 30secs-1min, you can stop the substitutes relaying enemy positions.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 07:09PM)Mystered Wrote: Their is always a way to evade this rule, their is no point trying to find a solution. There, for example player A , B and C is on teamspeak with the streamer , subs D and E and spectating but on another channel

Looks like it gives you some unfair advantages. We can call that cheating. Doing that on official match is lame. Find a wallhack, it is easier and faster I guess
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 07:53PM)Aekom Wrote:

By fixing /benchme and delaying the stream by 30secs-1min, you can stop the substitutes relaying enemy positions.

30 seconds is a huge amount of time in the game. 8 seconds is the time to traverse a map enough to not know another persons position. I'd say 15 would be best.
Thanks given by:
I have heard that the past commentating hasn't been the best and because of this I would like to offer my services as a guest commentator. To my credit, if you minus out the super drunk parts, I co-hosted the hit show AC Radio. I believe I can offer the sort of color commentary and objective awesomeness that would make one proud to listen to the AssaultCube World Cup.
Thanks given by:
nothing would make me happier than to comment with you morgan.
Thanks given by:
(10 May 12, 08:40AM)MorganKell Wrote: I have heard that the past commentating hasn't been the best and because of this I would like to offer my services as a guest commentator. To my credit, if you minus out the super drunk parts, I co-hosted the hit show AC Radio. I believe I can offer the sort of color commentary and objective awesomeness that would make one proud to listen to the AssaultCube World Cup.

this
Thanks given by:
(10 May 12, 08:48AM)Waffles Wrote: nothing would make me happier than to comment with you morgan.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 07:53PM)Aekom Wrote: By fixing /benchme and delaying the stream by 30secs-1min, you can stop the substitutes relaying enemy positions.

The Stream was already delayed in the past, i am not talking about helping the players through the stream.

About the Benchme, if I understood well it is only possible to fix it if their is a special client given to every player, and my previous post was to say at the people that tried to fix it without the client that it is not possible. That is why I am fully supporting the idea of a special client to stop free spectating ( for mastermode 2 or benched players ).
Thanks given by:
A second draft of the rules has been made. Here are the main changes:

Quote:Glitches may not be used. Purposely dropping the flag into inaccessible locations is not allowed.

Quote:Players that have been proven to cheat in the last six months may not participate. Players will be required to play with dedicated ACWC clients that report various game information to the server. The clients will be made available at least three days before the first game.

The clients will be built by myself and Castiel and packaged and reviewed by some others.
Thanks given by:
Good Job.
Thanks given by:
A new client name each match?
Thanks given by:
Good ideas. F1
Thanks given by:
(19 May 12, 08:20PM).ExodusS* Wrote: A new client name each match?

There may be updates but I expect the clients to stay uncracked for quite some time.
Thanks given by:
(10 May 12, 08:40AM)MorganKell Wrote: I have heard that the past commentating hasn't been the best and because of this I would like to offer my services as a guest commentator. To my credit, if you minus out the super drunk parts, I co-hosted the hit show AC Radio. I believe I can offer the sort of color commentary and objective awesomeness that would make one proud to listen to the AssaultCube World Cup.

Can i haz in?
Thanks given by:
(21 May 12, 07:23AM)lucky Wrote: Can i haz in?

[Image: tumblr_m2nr39EsPd1qf5bdz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Those clients should be encrypted if you want to make sure they won't be cracked. I can get them tested from cracking if you want ;) .
I'm doing exams in 2 weeks so I will be studying but if you want a forum for ACWC I can set one up after my exams and I'm sure it can be used for future ACWCs
Exoduss I would like to see if anyone would be able to successfully monitor 2 teamspeak servers, IRC, Skype. Mumble and everyone's phone line at the same time (challenge accepted opportunity :P). Even if u did that they could still cheat so it would be a bit pointless.
Thanks given by:
(26 May 12, 12:14AM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Those clients should be encrypted if you want to make sure they won't be cracked. I can get them tested from cracking if you want ;) .

You're welcome to attempt to crack binaries of course. Do you have any experience in reverse engineering?

As for strong cryptography, it can't really help here because whatever key or algorithm we use it can be reverse engineered. Things like Trusted Computing have to work at a much lower level to be secure. I'm relying on obfuscation really which is theoretically weak but probably practically effective.
Thanks given by:
Ok. I was wondering... would it make more sense to have a subforum for ACWC here rather than making a new site?
Thanks given by:
The ACWC site is coming on quickly (but still work in progress). You can all signup though now!

http://acworldcup.tk/

Signups end June 25.
Thanks given by:
Good job Larry!
Middle East Team : BunnySoul, Alireza, Ehsan, Sepehr, BigBaddy (probs)
Let's rock mates!!!
Thanks given by: