Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
The "score"-bits will be improved upon even further, but they're already taking stuff into account that probably don't get done in public matches often - like that if someone radios for "cover me" and you reply "yes!" and then effectively do cover that player you get points.
The bots - as I discussed at length in another thread - aren't really on our TODO at all; they were never meant to be more than a simple way of testing the game offline. Making them more intelligent/effective or even multiplayer-capable is a big task, something we would need an individual (or even more than one) to focus on exclusively - the rest of the engine is enough to keep the dev-team busy already.
But I might find some time - after the (hopefully soon) next release - to look into this jumping-plclip-business.

If you'd like to help - on either the bots or the general coding - feel free to submit an offer to me. Your chances will improve dramatically if you provide some snippets of code! That's the usual way - you keep poking the devs with improvements/bug-fixes and once they get tired of re-doing your work you're suddenly a dev yourself ;-)
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 01:28AM)flowtron Wrote: The "score"-bits will be improved upon even further, but they're already taking stuff into account that probably don't get done in public matches often - like that if someone radios for "cover me" and you reply "yes!" and then effectively do cover that player you get points.

i never knew this. I realize this is the wrong thread for this discussion, but i rarely use voicecom in games, and most of that is while i'm waiting to respawn, because it takes too long to use them cause i haven't learned the num sequences for them (except v-6-3 :D). is it possible to bind individual voicecom messages to certain keys?
Thanks given by:
I took quite some time trying to make the VC's be "quickened". By that I mean that each section has the keys most close to it's section-number be those most important to it. To clarify my clarification - I tried to emphasize stuff like V-3-3, V-2-2, V-4-[3,4,5] .. you get the picture? If you hit Number-X (for the section) Numbers (X-1) (X) and (X+1) are the preferred follow-ups .. plus also taking into account stuff being opposites of each other. Especially V-3-1 and V-3-5 for "I'm attacking" and "I'm on defence".
It's my understanding that, apart from the V-6-* variants most of the VC's are just for serious team-players .. a lookup-table would be most appropriate though .. maybe someone can compile something that'd work well as a printout and we can publish it on the wiki!
OFC it's as easy as pie to bind your most used VC's to specific keys - you can even totally re-construct the VC-menu. For the latter approach simply copy the config/menu_voicecom.cfg over from your game-install to your game-home and modify to your hearts content (I'm more than happy to accept improved arrangements!) .. if you just need single ones - use the voicecom-command.
Thanks given by:
I don't know if this realy is a bug but its very annoying:

The Hudgun-hand of the sniper, carbin, shotgun and subgun (the thumb only one) is textured wrong. It's kinda upside down, you dont notice it with the normal texture, but when you use a mod you'll see what I mean.
Thanks given by:
The game's great, keep up the good work.

Thanks given by:
There is a bug in EDIT mode :

when you try to use K on each corner from a 2x2 quadrat then normally it makes a little diagonally positioned quadrat.

So while i was mapping it happend on some positions that it doesnt make that little quadrat. Instead he is making a triangle when you press K on the LAST from this 4 cube.

this triangle is having on two sides glitches ... one side the texture ...

i tested that on a new map in single mode, and i used UNDO to test the next 2x2 block

[Image: FUNDOG_AC_BUG_0100.png]
Thanks given by:
Oh dear. I just tried it myself - makkE had shown me a minor bug with lighting a while back, but that always keeps getting pushed to the back of the TODO-list :-/ .. not that important .. but this is serious. Thank you for the report, fundog. I'm on it!
Thanks given by:
I troubled with this sort of glitch from time to time. Usually it was somehow related to cubes right above, on the ceiling. If it was all plain and no hightfield close to it, things worked all fine though.
Thanks given by:
Bug: You can see the missing back end of some weapons when you have maxroll on 20.
Thanks given by:
RE: all-corner-cubes - my research so far shows it's only possible to do these on even-numbered grid-vertices. 0, 2, 4, ... but not on 1, 3, 5, ... - but I have yet to find a way to make it possible on all, or why in fact this is impossible ATM. I'm going to keep looking.
Mixing floor-/ceiling-heightfields is never going to be possible - that's just one of the limits where the cube1-engine get's it's speed from; my tests were done on a "/newmap" with simply trying to create the all-corner-cubes as shown in the picture - it fails every 2nd vertex .. gotta speak to eihrul - but that means I gotta be awake & alert late, sadly not something I can do currently .. actually - already falling asleep on the walfejkowhe .. errh - keyboard here already!

RE: maxroll - then we'll just limit that VAR more, it's a pain anyway (IMHO) - at least it doesn't still keep getting forced on you when watching a demo as it was done a while back ;-)
Thanks given by:
(22 Mar 11, 09:58PM)flowtron Wrote: at least it doesn't still keep getting forced on you when watching a demo as it was done a while back ;-)
Yeah, except /maxrollremote is reversed; 1 for off, 0 for on. ;)
Thanks given by:
Well, I didn't understood fundog's issue correctly. Sorry for confusing stuff here. The screeny below is what I've been talking about.

The other thing I've mentioned is that you can't have heightfields (floor or ceiling) and corners on the same cube. Which isn't a big deal, though.

[Image: corner_glitch.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I just notice this in My AC, when i press F3 to search someone i can't it says everytime that there's not that player even if i look myself :/
Thanks given by:
Did you wait at least 30 seconds? Sometimes for people that have slow connections it may take longer.
Thanks given by:
I found glitch...

If i Added lights that is very low range... ( 45 for example ) the light came out of nowhere.

[Image: xkt209.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont not know what you think about this, if it should be in ideas thread or here.
I see it as bugs.

If there is 2 RVSF and 2 CLA.
RVSF has 5 flags and CLA 2.
1 person connects and when he/she joins in he/she get on the team with most flags.
I think this happens every time. At least every time i look.
This gotta be changed.

When server wanna shuffle teams cos its uneven, if someone has flag they should NOT be forced!!!

When you have been running around map collecting armor and nadas, please make it so you keep them if the got forced by server.
Sucks using 2 minutes to get 100 armor and 3 nadas just to loose it cos server wanna force you to other team..

As i say; Never leave home without 2 nadas.

Half the game has gone before i even think about moving into enemy base getting a flag.
Thanks given by:
Should we report all mapping related bugs? I have plenty I have found :P This just makes mapping even more innovative (or annoying)!
Thanks given by:
^ Does this mean that the creator of rifle@camper is an innovator?

edit: saw the last part of your post nvmd.
Thanks given by:
Well, I was really talking about a couple work arounds (would be called "hacks" in other places :P) that I have seen around.
Thanks given by:
one simple suggestion> improve blood and impact effects, for more fun and better gameplay(you could more easily see where you hit the shots, even over long distances).
Thanks given by:
If HDD get to full (according to AC) it will reset all client settings, this cant be saved again.
Server will not save demos.

This happens to me when i got about 50GB space left on HDD.
This should be plenty enough for server and client do save stuff on.

Edit: Sorry, was looking at the free/used wrong.

I use 50GB of my HDD, this means i got over 100GB free space and that should really be plenty to save settings and demos.

So, you devs have a something to look at when it comes to how AC see used/free space.
Thanks given by:
Strange, because I can play, save settings and keep demos and maps on a 20GB drive.

I have noticed various typos and grammatical errors in the docs. Not really a bug, and fairly low priority, but it still annoys grammar freaks like me ;)
I'm guessing this sort of thing will probably go unfixed because it doesn't really have any significant effect on the game.
I'd be happy to go through and correct the mistakes in my spare time though ( would be my contribution to AssaultCube :) )
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 02:36PM)Frogulis Wrote: Strange, because I can play, save settings and keep demos and maps on a 20GB drive.

OpenSource can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a percentage thing wasn't it?

EDIT: I looked in the thread and he didn't say. Disregard that for now.
Thanks given by:
While we're talking about typos:
Accuracy resetted
Suicided

etc..
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 02:39PM)eftertanke Wrote: but I think it was a percentage thing wasn't it?
Well that sounds more sensible. Considering that AC is designed to be played on relatively low-level hardware, this would be a rather nasty problem if it was just GB remaining ;)
Thanks given by:
BUG: When shooting at a skybox, bulletholes don't appear (good), but sparks still fly from where you are shooting (bad)

just an aesthetic bug, really, but i'm sure it's easy to fix.
Thanks given by:
Add the crosshair the person is using to the HUD when spectating. Idk why it would just be cool :)
Thanks given by:
Adding to Ventex: When shooting at ground skybox, bulletholes DO appear. As Ventex said, purely aesthetic. And skyboxes shouldn't be on the ground anyway.
Thanks given by:
i am on 1680x1050 res AC window, and whenever i take a screenshot (F12) the client crashes. it does this on all resolutions.

All other resolutions force the game into windowed mode, no matter if i change the windowed mode option or not. Im pretty sure that this is a problem with Vista, and not AC, but i would rather make sure. this last worked on 1.0.4, leaving me with crappy fps ranges since 1.1 since i am a full-screen gaming whore with such a high rez, im kinda screwed :/
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 11, 05:08AM)Frogulis Wrote: Adding to Ventex: When shooting at ground skybox, bulletholes DO appear. As Ventex said, purely aesthetic. And skyboxes shouldn't be on the ground anyway.

I can think of a few places where it would be necessary to put a skybox on the ground :)
Thanks given by: