Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
(27 Jan 11, 07:55PM)makkE Wrote: It was a glitch in the original model's clip setting (before there were proper clip brushes).

Before we knew it, people got used to these being passable. Clipping them off would have led to problems, since mappers had already starting to see them as intentionally passable. I know it's weird, but it's one of these things that happen to hobbyist game designers :)

So, would replacing some of the fences with an open fence mapmodel be a good solution?

At least that way it would look less glitchy.

[offtopic] Really, I'm quite surprised that the existing maps never get changed any (besides adding new pickups, of course) I can't think of any particular places that need changing at the moment, but it definitely could be open for discussion [/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
Curiosity: When i join a server and intermediatte pause is on at the same time, i can move (nobody can) even get a flag. Maybe i can kill but i had no time to try it :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 11, 05:27PM)VallDiGna Wrote: Curiosity: When i join a server and intermediatte pause is on at the same time, i can move (nobody can) even get a flag. Maybe i can kill but i had no time to try it :D

true you can move, but you cant kill or pickup etc..

@ventx it reminds me of the sticky walls in 1.1, which to me rarely was an issue in 1.0.4 although the odd wall seemed to be abit sticky

'sticky' - like it holds on to you/you are trying to walk through it
Thanks given by:
I just noticed a weird bug - apparently, AC doesn't update the map head when editing and saving maps made in Cube. Or, I *think* that's the bug. At least ac_depot has cube instead of acmp as the head and that's the only explanation I could come up with using my brain and having a quick look at the sources.
Thanks given by:
And that's a bug because? They load just fine; but it's definitely a sanity issue - fixed!
Thanks given by:
Well bug as in "not expected behaviour".
Thanks given by:
Flag shows in mini map but not in game, when flag is taken.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-j...directlink

Thanks given by:
Joe Smith: since you're obviously using a heavily source-modified client you're not supported!
Thanks given by:
how is that source-modified? i thought assaultcube was supposed to support themes? btw, nice hudgun Joe.
Thanks given by:
Joe, try to reproduce the error on a default setup.
Thanks given by:
I don't get that bug. My client is very similar to yours (hud, gun, radar, etc), but you probably messed with the source didn't you ;)
Thanks given by:
ok did some tests, i did the same tests on my normal playing settings and mods, and one that is all default, i figured out its not when the other team has the flag, its when they drop the flag, the flag will show up on mini map, even tho the flag has not be returned.

it can be confusing to some, and harmful in cm. this is my opinion but still say its a bug, or unless its meant to be this way, if it is then it should be changed.

@Lantry i feel that dif guns, i feel more in control with that particular gun then others. ( i know its all in the head but still )
Thanks given by:
Ah. Yes, that seems wrong ... ;-)
The radar needs some more serious fixing (scale/positions), but I can fix that easily.
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 11, 07:55AM)flowtron Wrote: Ah. Yes, that seems wrong ... ;-)
The radar needs some more serious fixing (scale/positions), but I can fix that easily.

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
sometimes the crosshair turns red, even if there is no enemy. Normal or a bug or what?
Thanks given by:
The crosshair turns red when your health is low.
Thanks given by:
I think to turn it off it is /crosshairfx 0
Though that is by memory, correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks given by:
k thanks :D
Thanks given by:
Can the devs please put back the ratio that we used to have on the in-game scoreboard.

K thx.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 09:05AM)SnowOak Wrote: Can the devs please put back the ratio that we used to have on the in-game scoreboard.

No.
Ratio does not measure skill in this game. If you have low score, ratio is simply imprecise. If you are playing in a pub, ratio just measures how efficient you are in killing noobs, nade spamming and hiding.

Thanks given by:
Ratio was taken out for a reason.
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 12:29PM)Brahma Wrote:
(23 Feb 11, 09:05AM)SnowOak Wrote: Can the devs please put back the ratio that we used to have on the in-game scoreboard.

No.
Ratio does not measure skill in this game. If you have low score, ratio is simply imprecise. If you are playing in a pub, ratio just measures how efficient you are in killing noobs, nade spamming and hiding.

Does sound nice to see how efficient you played in a game without needing to run some math. And it disappears in one second as the next game starts, and no ratio % shown doesn't hide how great or poor anyone is doing as their score is shown...so whats the harm?

Thanks given by:
When ratio is on the scoreboard, it's very easy to fixate on that one number instead of the other ones. When it comes down to it, it is the least important (flags > frags > deaths > score > ratio all the way at the bottom.).
Thanks given by:
having a high ratio isn't too impressive IMO, it just means you are a camper.
unless you have a high ratio AND high kills, in which case you are a hacker :P
Thanks given by:
just do the calculations in your head
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 02:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: Does sound nice to see how efficient you played in a game without needing to run some math.
What you're actually describing is "score." Very kind of the devs to do that math for us.
Plus, ratio doesn't measure the most important part of the game -- teamwork. The total score takes some specific team-oriented things into account.
Thanks given by:
Not so much a bug as a typo, but could confuse a newbie who doesn't know what stuff does
Anyway, using the mapmsg command brings up the command description: "You need to use quote marks around the message, otherwise it save correctly."
-Frogulis

<offtopic> To Joe Smith and anyone else with it, what is that box in the lower left of screen, it contains weapon names and some numbers? What is it and what is it for? Also, if it's something useful, how do I get it? </offtopic>
Thanks given by:
Weapon stat/accuracy.
In-game type: /accuracy 1
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 08:11AM)V-Man Wrote:
(24 Feb 11, 02:08AM)Nightmare Wrote: Does sound nice to see how efficient you played in a game without needing to run some math.
What you're actually describing is "score." Very kind of the devs to do that math for us.
Plus, ratio doesn't measure the most important part of the game -- teamwork. The total score takes some specific team-oriented things into account.

Ok, end of the world for seeing our kill/death score in % form. Thats fine.

Tell the pub players about team work after they shoot me in the back. "I'm on your team man!" ;3

(24 Feb 11, 04:49AM)Lantry Wrote: having a high ratio isn't too impressive IMO, it just means you are a camper.
unless you have a high ratio AND high kills, in which case you are a hacker :P

I don't see campers too much, and its almost never the top players in the game. ;(
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:16AM)Viper Wrote: Fix the bots from hacking there way outside of the playerclips.

I originally thought the bots spawn that way; however, after watching bots mosey on in through plclips, I realized I was a noob for thinking that.
Thanks given by: