Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
y not u?
Thanks given by:
y u no be dev

//I'll take a look at it
Thanks given by:
Sorry if this has already been purposed, but 16 pages are way too long :P

As it is done on many other games, I wish to purpose the possibility of editing team respawns time from a config file. Correct me if wrong, but this is only able to be done by compiling from source code at the moment.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
If the "keybind" command is given anything but a keymapped key as an argument, AC throws an exception.
(I suggest making a provision to merely ignore non-keymapped arguments.)
Thanks given by:
You mean that "unknown key "blabla"". Actually, that's quite useful if you have a typo in the key name.
Thanks given by:
no, actually it throws an exception and Windows kills it.
Go in-game and type:
/keybind blabla
Thanks given by:
Yup, indeed.
stacktrace:
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_ZN12signalbinder11stackdumperEi+0x26) [0x814c0d6]
[0xb7836400]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z7keybindPKc+0x4b) [0x80a3f7b]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z10executeretPKc+0xd8f) [0x80a0e9f]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z7executePKc+0x19) [0x80a1409]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z10consolekeyibi+0x795) [0x80a4d25]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z10checkinputv+0x28d) [0x80bb37d]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client(main+0xd69) [0x80bf149]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0xb73d7c66]
/media/DATA/Clemens/AssaultCube_v1.1/bin_unix/linux_client() [0x8074ca1]
AssaultCube error (11) ()
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352

Use /bind for now :P
I'm too tired to look for the reason right now.
Thanks given by:
lol.
It was because I forgot that "bind" actually binds a key and command together, while "keybind" probes the contents of a given key.
I was trying to use the "add2bind" command instead of "add2eachbind" command from tools.cfg. The first one probes a given key, while the second one searches for a given string in the keys. I figured out that it was throwing an exception when I extended the commands manually and saw myself typing "keybind reload," causing me to facepalm.

It makes sense that if there's no provision for a non-keymapped argument, "keybind" will throw a fit (but maybe not an exception).
Thanks given by:
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm kinda starting to get annoyed at getting hit by a nade through a wall, is this just a part of "gameplay" or can this be fixed somehow.
Thanks given by:
It's just the game's physics. Not much we can do.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 07:08AM)castiel Wrote: I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm kinda starting to get annoyed at getting hit by a nade through a wall, is this just a part of "gameplay" or can this be fixed somehow.

I was taught to use solid walls at least 3 cubes thick to prevent this, although it actually takes 5 or so.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 01:24PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: It's just the game's physics. Not much we can do.
(13 Jan 11, 01:53PM)Gibstick Wrote: I was taught to use solid walls at least 3 cubes thick to prevent this, although it actually takes 5 or so.
I had asked that question before, so it's good to know that there is a solution. However, does this mean mappers are indeed the only ones who can fix it? There's no way to solve it universally within the code?
Thanks given by:
Many of these issues will only be fixed when some parts of the code be re-written.

Do I see volunteers there?
Thanks given by:
Here's your patch for the /keybind crash.
http://pastebin.com/VW19E11C
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 01:24PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: It's just the game's physics. Not much we can do.

(13 Jan 11, 05:37PM)Brahma Wrote: Many of these issues will only be fixed when some parts of the code be re-written.

Do I see volunteers there?
I wish. Haha. I look at patches that have been submitted and try to see what was done and why. Eventually maybe.
Thanks given by:
@eftertanke

Yes... Your persistent interest in bug reports makes me think you are a potential developer. :)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 11, 02:28PM)Brahma Wrote: @eftertanke

Yes... Your persistent interest in bug reports makes me think you are a potential developer. :)
If I knew any better I'd take you seriously haha. I wouldn't be of any use.
Thanks given by:
- in all versions 1.1.x.x we have problem in using character " in name setting by menu.
- using character " in name setting by command /name work without problems.

example tested in 1.1.0.4 :

name set by menu is set to : |3"|Etch or Etch|3"|
name showed in table after presing TAB is: |3 or Etch|3 even in menu is still right original name

thx
Thanks given by:
also happends with [ ], but it disappear after restart the client.
Thanks given by:
1) Bots are often given duplicate client numbers.
2) The pstat commands ignore bot client numbers and instead refer to each bot as a number in sequence (bots with cn 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 will respond to pstat commands with arguments of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, respectively.)
(These bugs are only apparent when bots get kicked and/or new ones connect, since they are given client numbers in sequence.)
Thanks given by:
This is more of a map bug, but I can't find a better place to put it:

These fences in ac_toxic and ac_elevation are only half-clipped (you can walk through half of the fence.)

(ac_elevation)
[Image: 20110125015919acelevati.th.jpg]

[Image: 20110125015905acelevati.th.jpg]

(ac_toxic)
[Image: 20110125015747actoxictd.th.jpg]

[Image: 20110125015719actoxictd.th.jpg]

I don't know if there's more in any other maps, but these are all I have found.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure that's intentional. Though I don't see a problem with blocking off the one in the RVSF base in ac_toxic.
Thanks given by:
Intentional? You sure? Why would they do something so unobvious and glitchy-looking when there's a mapmodel for an open fence?
Thanks given by:
Not sure, but the fact that people talk about it a lot and for such a long time (I don't even know how old ac_toxic is) is a huge indicator of that intention.
Thanks given by:
Its just unlocked. If a door is shut, but unlocked, you can still go through it, no?
Thanks given by:
BANG! Ouch...
Don't ask.
Thanks given by:
It was a glitch in the original model's clip setting (before there were proper clip brushes).

Before we knew it, people got used to these being passable. Clipping them off would have led to problems, since mappers had already starting to see them as intentionally passable. I know it's weird, but it's one of these things that happen to hobbyist game designers :)
Thanks given by:
I'm sure those things don't happen to hobbyists only ;)
Thanks given by:
for some reason i cant spawn on maps arabian and toxic
I havent changed any map files, ive tried re installs, but it just cant seem to let me spawn..
Im using the mac version:
[Image: 20110128035246acarabian.th.jpg]
[Image: 20110128035432actoxicdm.th.jpg]

also sometimes randomly i get fps lag and the number shoots to 1000 + i get some un wanted slow mo
i have everything lowered, so why does it happen?( i get more fps then pictures above, they were in windowed mode)
Thanks given by:
redownload the maps from the correct svn revision, this is a known bug. I do not know the last time I played on toxic.
Thanks given by: