Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
would it be possible to include an official gema mode in later AC versions?
Thanks given by:
Regarding crouching, am I the only one who thought there already was reduced kickback,recoil and/or spread whilst crouching? I'm sure I didn't imagine it.
Thanks given by:
Don't change anyhting on crouching. Its very fine like it is now.

If you are a master on crouching, you won't get that much sniper hits as well as headshots. After some time you can "feel" when the enemy tries to shoot , just crouch and your change to don't get hit increase a lot.
Thanks given by:
If you're getting headshot while crouching you're doing it wrong. Crouch for half a second, or maybe less than that. Don't stay 10 seconds down waiting for someone to come through a door.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 10:09AM)jamz Wrote: Regarding crouching, am I the only one who thought there already was reduced kickback,recoil and/or spread whilst crouching? I'm sure I didn't imagine it.

Kickback and spread does :D (and if recoil does, its hard to notice)

P.S My previous crouching/headshot comment was a joke, sarcasm @ v-man's post. ;)

Thanks given by:
but, kickback fu$# if you need to defend.
Thanks given by:
If you don't like kickback, use Shotgun/Sniper/Carbine/Pistol/Akimbo/Knife
:D
or crouch as it does help.
Thanks given by:
i like assault rifle : D, and kickback does not help if you're on top of objects : ).
in dont like kickback only for camping/defend, for the other things I like(run,jump,dodge..)
Thanks given by:
move forward while shooting.
Shoot in 3-5 round bursts
crouch
;) all three should help keep you still-ish.
:D
Thanks given by:
know, however, is far better to remove the kickback.
Most players never use Burstfire in AR(only in long range,but, some players like me use full auto in long range : P).
Currently, only way to remove the kicback is getting into corners (somewhat limited).
Thanks given by:
Not true.
I know I at least definitely use burst fire (although not exclusively) at close-ish range with AR. There are times when just holding down the mouse button and screaming "DIE DIE DIE" works better, but sometimes bursts are the key.
-Uncle Frogulis
Thanks given by:
It's "YAIYAIYAI"
Thanks given by:
SMG of the current version is awesome in handling, it just needs either a bit more damage, or less spread!. The recoil of the smg in the SVN is horrible. My normal accuracy with smg is 36-37, sometimes 40, sometimes 35, and in the new version I just get ~30!!!.

The recoil changed too much, it's not just more recoil, it has a completly other feeling! It feels like sometimes it jumps hard, then it does jump just a bit, then hard again and so on, this is horrible!!.

IMO either give us back the smg of 104 or give us the smg from the current version with one of the two points I wrote above.
Thanks given by:
I think the 1.0.4 smg would do fine against the 1.1 ar
Thanks given by:
The smg is completely different :D
But whatever, if they don't change it to a nicer smg, the sniper looks yummy for the next real release ;)
Thanks given by:
@titi

Unfortunately, the SMG will never be as in 1.0.4

It seems that the question is now empowering noobs. "shotty"
Thanks given by:
(09 May 11, 09:48PM)Nightmare Wrote: the sniper looks yummy for the next real release ;)

They wouldn't dare release a sniper-pistol combo like that, would they? If it's still one hit from each (yes, I'm not gonna bother checking it) then it needs to be turned back to a one sniper - two pistol. Even that is overpowered IMO, but it would be reasonable.
Thanks given by:
The next SMG will be between the 1.0 and 1.1 SMG.

And Theo, no need for the cynical thoughts, the shotgun is being worked on by the devs, and they are doing all they can, so if you are of the opinion that the shotgun is not the way you would like it to be, post here a reasonable idea with how exactly you would like the devs change the shotgun. And another thing, don't generalize. All shotgun users aren't necessarily noobs, it just happens to be a quite easy weapon to handle, hence the reason why so many newcomers use it.
Thanks given by:
(09 May 11, 11:29PM)Lantry Wrote:
(09 May 11, 09:48PM)Nightmare Wrote: the sniper looks yummy for the next real release ;)

They wouldn't dare release a sniper-pistol combo like that, would they? If it's still one hit from each (yes, I'm not gonna bother checking it) the it needs to be turned back to a one sniper - two pistol. Even that is overpowered IMO, but it would be reasonable.

And with my two current favorite weapons getting downed(smg/shotgun)...
I won't mind using this "OP" Sniper :D
Feels good to down someone with a pistol, even if a sniper bullet did most of the work. ^_^'
We will see what happens :D

Thanks given by:
Jeeze, everyone who is still crying about shotgun please get the SVN.
Thanks given by:
Mac users shall cry and wait for the beloved wahnfred.
Thanks given by:
I'll see if I can get a current mac bin up. I was actually going to make one for myself soon.
Thanks given by:
We'd love you even more RR.
Thanks given by:
i dont like the super recoil guns, ac was made ​​to simple. with this exaggerated recoil, I think nobody will use case.

i like the 1.1.0.4 balance, needs only minor adjustments(exemple: more ammo for sniper and maybe for autos, while the shotgun and carbine are more durable(ammunition), and the shots were a little more accurate if fired in bust(especially for the smg), and, no kickback usin crouch.

perhaps the intent is difficult to kill opponents using these weapons(autos), however, I believe it is much better to add different hitboxs each body part(arms,body,legs and head- no, not 1 hs kill for autos, only more damage ; ) ).
Thanks given by:
I don't really understand what you're saying wolfbr. If there was no crouch recoil (none at all) the smg would destroy anything. Second, more ammo for sniper would be fine with me, but more ammo for autos? 20 round AR clip rapes. Higher than that would be insanity. Realistic, no, fine the way it is, yes.
Thanks given by:
wolfbr: Umm, the shots are already more accurate when fired in burst with AR and SMG, so I really don't understand what you mean...
Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 03:39AM)Viper Wrote: I don't really understand what you're saying wolfbr. If there was no crouch recoil (none at all) the smg would destroy anything. Second, more ammo for sniper would be fine with me, but more ammo for autos? 20 round AR clip rapes. Higher than that would be insanity. Realistic, no, fine the way it is, yes.
i talk about extra magazines, not magazines size :) .
and no, I'm not talking about recoil, just about kickback(or pushback), you shoot, the gun pulls you to bring.

Quote:wolfbr: Umm, the shots are already more accurate when fired in burst with AR and SMG, so I really don't understand what you mean...
maybe, a better indicator of imprecision, like cs crosshairs(indicated by the contracting crosshairs) : )

Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 05:02AM)wolfbr Wrote:
Quote:wolfbr: Umm, the shots are already more accurate when fired in burst with AR and SMG, so I really don't understand what you mean...
maybe, a better indicator of imprecision, like cs crosshairs(indicated by the contracting crosshairs) : )

AC also already has an indicatior of "imprecision"... /hitsound 1. If nothing sounds, you're not hitting anything.

Thanks given by:
Or hitsound is not working. :D
Here is a mac bin

No trickyness. I included all of the media files. Nothing is changed except for the implementation files (launcher) which just got something saying "SVN" in the top left corner. This is for my own sanity. I can have ~3 ACs in my recent items area :P
Thanks given by:
Ron, exactly what Mac system are you running? What level of similarity do other systems need to have with your system in order to use it? (e.g., OSX 10.x, or it has to have the word "Mac" in it, or processor architecture... Get my drift)
Thanks given by: