Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
Personally i find tropical to big for 2 players.
Im not saying map is bad or any thing.

I have it on:
dm, 12 minutes, 2..8 players
ctf, 12 minutes, 2..8 players
tdm, 12 minutes, 2..8 players
htf, 12 minutes, 2..8 players
ktf, 12 minutes, 2..8 players
tktf, 12 minutes, 2..8 players

But if you want me to i will remove htf,ktf and tktf.
Just let me know.
Thanks given by:
Hello everyone , i was "AFK" during some weeks/months and there are some things that i didn't understand.
Can someone can make a list of curents map in competitions please cause i'm lost. (maybe someone should update the contest wiki please). Thanks.
And why the hell i can't vote ac_schematic2 on AC? (maybe an unknow key in the map name...)

And don't worry i'll post my entry soon ;)
Here a little theme preview :

[Image: sans_t14.jpg]

With green rooms of course! :D

Thanks given by:
If the deadline's still april 10th, you're in deep dudoo Exo.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 01:37AM).ExodusS* Wrote: And why the hell i can't vote ac_schematic2 on AC? (maybe an unknow key in the map name.
The map may not be uploaded to all servers.
I have mine blocked for uploading maps and voting maps not on server.

ac_schematic2 is downloaded and will be added to my servers maprot as soon as i know what mode maker made the map for.
I do not wanna «destroy» the map by adding it to modes its not made for, thats why its not uploaded/added yet.
Thanks given by:
Try t/osok and t/dm until ChaoticToSayTheLeast get's back.
Thanks given by:
WTH.
Why is the map name set to packages.cfg/packages.cgz
????
Thanks given by:
which mapname?
Thanks given by:
ac_schematic_2 by ChaoticToSayTheLeast
[Image: screenshotmapsfilebrows.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks given by:
Idk, but why don't you just rename the file ac_schematic_2
Thanks given by:
That i can do.
I still like to know why it wasn't named the correct name.
This can also be the answer to .ExodusS* question.
Some can have added it to server with package as name.

Edit: You didnt say anything about players?
How many?
0..x
2..x
10..x

??
Thanks given by:
yes, but I'd like to think AC members are smarter than that.
Thanks given by:
I havent even looked at the map.
I dont feel its my job guessing what i should add to map rot.
If the maker dosent give that information i can leave it off my server.

I do want the maps made in the contest to be on server but i dont feel its my job to play the map/look at and guess what the maker had in mind.
Thanks given by:
Yea, I guess you're right, I still can't wait to see ac_hedge. By the way, ExodusS, Gibstick jut updated the wiki.
Thanks given by:
@ Des. 6-12 players for my map, any mode. (3vs3/etc.etc. 6vs6)

@Elven No screenshots yet but don't get excited xD Its just a quick thing just to participate. Its basically a hedge maze though. Very barebones and simple. Pick-Ups in most dead-ends in an attempt to avoid frustration. (even though looking at the map can avoid any dead end problems, but yeah...)
I'll take some screenshots tomorrow if you want but there won't be much variety, since a hedge maze is...a hedge maze.
Thanks given by:
I've updated the archive.
The names are right, and a small error in the config is fixed.
I also added a readme with the mode information.
The map is more for the concept then any specific mode, I just wanted something universal.
It's pretty big, so one-on-one might not be a good idea, but fairly large numbers should work well.
I was leaning toward TOSOK around the time I made it, but TDM, DM, and LSS are definitely viable options for a good game on it.

Slight hiccup though, Mediafire is being a bitch at the moment, but I will have access to proper internet services tomorrow, so I'll be posting the updated archive then.

Until then, just rename the map and config files to ac_schematic2.

Thanks given by:
Opensource: Yes, you are probably right about it being a bit big for 2 players, feel free to bump it up to 4 minimum. I think remove HTF and TKTF, It's a bit too linear for them. KTF should work better.
Thanks given by:
Yesterday i looked on the list and saw the DES|Biohazard server and the map it had on was 'packages'.
When I finally got to joining the server; the map had changed to ac_greenpeace. I tried voting the map again in tdm and dm but it wouldn't allow me to set these modes. :/

- where can i download this map??
Thanks given by:
You can also vote for (I think) all of the competition maps on the {TBR} Dyfi server
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 03:00AM)Elven Wrote: Yea, I guess you're right, I still can't wait to see ac_hedge. By the way, ExodusS, Gibstick jut updated the wiki.

Ok thanks.

And for the dead-line it will be short but i can do that. :)

Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 12:16PM)SnowOak Wrote: Yesterday i looked on the list and saw the DES|Biohazard server and the map it had on was 'packages'.
When I finally got to joining the server; the map had changed to ac_greenpeace. I tried voting the map again in tdm and dm but it wouldn't allow me to set these modes. :/

- where can i download this map??

Yeah, that one's mine. When I archived it, WinRAR renamed the files for some reason. But I fixed it, and you can get the updated archive here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hh2io54l9h7eyuu

Enjoy.

Thanks given by:
Thanks mate :D

edit: This map is not what I expected ;L good job
Thanks given by:
No problem.

On a related note, what does that face mean?
It kinda has me worried....

Thanks given by:
Updated my map to fix a couple spawning bugs. Also refined lighting. No cubes changed.
Same links, but:
You want .tar?
You want .zip?
No no .DS_Store
Thanks given by:
upload a .zip with a friendly zip program that will strip stupid platform generated trash.
Thanks given by:
Or delete it yourself maybe? Better than my _MACOSX trash. Feel free to do that, and reupload :P
Thanks given by:
New version uploaded to DES|Biohazard.
Thanks given by:
@Ronald_Reagan I love _MACOSX files! MACS FTW! Thats why i use YemuZip, PeaZip, 7Zip, etc. so these needy windows users feel pleased :P

edit: iOD|Pandora also has the new maps on its maprot!
Thanks given by:
Oh dang, didn't realist how soon the deadline is.... Hope I finish my map in time :d

Btw, what timezone is this April 10th deadline..? Since my timezone is GMT +12, I'm wondering if I can submit this map I'm working on if I finish it on time on Monday...which is the 11th for me, but still the 10th for you (American/European players). :o
Thanks given by:
the contest isn't over until the last timezone has hit midnight
meaning if you wanted to submit using West Coast US time, you very well could :P
Thanks given by:
Roughly, how long does the judging process usually take after the deadline? :o
Thanks given by: