Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACWC
http://acworldcup.tk/

Thread worthy, might not be official but eh.

gl to all teams, would like to see some good teams entering!
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 10:22AM)Xenon Wrote: Thread worthy, might not be official but eh.

It's the official site, just a work-in-progress still. Teams are encouraged to signup now though.
Thanks given by:
no U.S. team?
Thanks given by:
Do someone know when the ACWC will be ended/finnished? Or is it standing anywhere?
Cause the ACCL-Admins need the end-date of it, to get a bit more bearing when the ACCL could start...Would be nice if someone could right it down here faster as possible, that we can decide the starting-date of the ACCL quicker...Thanks in advance! ^^
Thanks given by:
far west
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 08:51PM).EL. Wrote: Do someone know when the ACWC will be ended/finnished? Or is it standing anywhere?
Cause the ACCL-Admins need the end-date of it, to get a bit more bearing when the ACCL could start...Would be nice if someone could right it down here faster as possible, that we can decide the starting-date of the ACCL quicker...Thanks in advance! ^^

It will finish by 5 August.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 11:15PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(13 Jun 12, 08:51PM).EL. Wrote: Do someone know when the ACWC will be ended/finnished? Or is it standing anywhere?

It will finish by 5 August.

Thank you again dude :D
I will talk to my mate gignu and we'll decide when the ACCL will start, so, i think it will be then at the 19 August probably...But we'll post it in the ac-forum anyway...so, be up to date ;)
Thanks given by:
bump

keen to see teams like latinos enter, so get your teams in
Thanks given by:
Keep going till you hit the spot!
Thanks given by:
I'm very ignorant. We are gonna play in a South American team (pacific aliance) just to have fun :-). However, I have no idea what the "dedicated ac client: is. Can someone explain it to this creature please?

Thank you very much! :-D
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 04:19PM)End_Game Wrote: I'm very ignorant. We are gonna play in a South American team (pacific aliance) just to have fun :-). However, I have no idea what the "dedicated ac client: is. Can someone explain it to this creature please?

Thank you very much! :-D

In simple terms, you'll have to download a modified ac_client.exe (roflcopter will release it a few days before the tournament gets under way afaik) and replace it with the one you are using now, otherwise you will not be able to connect to the ACWC servers.
Thanks given by:
I see, thank you very much :-D
Thanks given by:
Only space for three more countries to sign up (and B teams to many places).
Thanks given by:
Your acwc client will be available soon larry ?
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 12, 05:45PM)AtoMikK Wrote: Your acwc client will be available soon larry ?
Read the rules page.
Thanks given by:
Quote:The clients will be made available at least three days before the first game.

Yeah so at least ;)
Thanks given by:
The client source code is with the developers being reviewed and hopefully built soon. I've already set up the Xen00b Match servers and UK MyS servers so they work fully with ACWC clients. ACWC clients will work just like normal clients and in any server, although the cheat protection only works in ACWC servers. You can still play on ACWC servers with regular clients too.

Here's a summary of the changes:

- Reports extra game information which is logged by servers and can be used to detect cheats
- To stop players ghosting, benched players can't free-spectate
- Hit-drops are fixed server-side
- /whois cn now reports whether a player is using the ACWC client
- Allow spectators to view all players in the radar
- Hit-sounds now more responsive
- Added spectator hit-sounds
- Servers now have autoteam 0 by default
- Removed a technique to purposely lag
- Fixed demo bug where ammo clips are shown incorrectly

I should also mention that UK MyS ports have changed to 7999, 8999 and 9999 now to be consistent with many other servers. So use connect uk.myys.tk 7999 match now instead.
Thanks given by:
fiddling with hit sounds, what was wrong with the current code for that?
Thanks given by:
"- Allow spectators to view all players in the radar"
Won't that simply help the bench players tell their teammates the enemy's position?
Thanks given by:
spectators are not the same as benched players
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 09:23AM)Vermi Wrote: fiddling with hit sounds, what was wrong with the current code for that?

Nothing wrong, just hit sounds had more delay than even bullet registration since the bullet had to be sent to the server and then sent back to the client before it was played. It also lead to the hit-sounds bunching up and some not getting played or getting played together.

(21 Jun 12, 09:51AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: "- Allow spectators to view all players in the radar"
Won't that simply help the bench players tell their teammates the enemy's position?

As Waffles said, this is only for global spectators who can already scroll through players to view their positions.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 10:18AM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(21 Jun 12, 09:23AM)Vermi Wrote: fiddling with hit sounds, what was wrong with the current code for that?

Nothing wrong, just hit sounds had more delay than even bullet registration since the bullet had to be sent to the server and then sent back to the client before it was played. It also lead to the hit-sounds bunching up and some not getting played or getting played together.

Is it possible for my client to use the vanilla code for hitsounds?, I'm just used to it is all, plus i think it is a disadvantage to hear the sounds before the server recognizes them, that's what this code change has done right? correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks given by:
Imo, its a joke that TWO Brazilian teams have the ability to advance past round 1, This should be sorted out as a round robin, miniature tournament between the Brazilian teams to determine who plays as "BRAZIL"
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 06:15PM)Shorty Wrote: Imo, its a joke that TWO Brazilian teams have the ability to advance past round 1, This should be sorted out as a round robin, miniature tournament between the Brazilian teams to determine who plays as "BRAZIL"

This. Also laughed how they tried to be latin America when there are none of the original and they are all from brazil.

Also larry a question; Would this new client have any negative side-effects? Increase in latency perhaps or something that deals with a person with dial-up?
Thanks given by:
Roflcopter Wrote:
- Removed a technique to purposely lag

O.o WTF
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 12, 11:46PM)lucky Wrote: Also larry a question; Would this new client have any negative side-effects? Increase in latency perhaps or something that deals with a person with dial-up?

The extra bandwidth it uses is about as much as typing a short message every minute.

(21 Jun 12, 06:15PM)Shorty Wrote: Imo, its a joke that TWO Brazilian teams have the ability to advance past round 1, This should be sorted out as a round robin, miniature tournament between the Brazilian teams to determine who plays as "BRAZIL"

This is a very good point. Unless there are other objections I think we should change the positions of "?" and "Next Signup" in the tree.
Thanks given by:
Would that be completely ok if i will keep using the client, after ACWC ends?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 12, 08:10AM)BunnySoul Wrote: Would that be completely ok if i will keep using the client, after ACWC ends?

Not recommended, and 1110 will probably be released but it should be okay.
Thanks given by:
dang I miss this post about ACWC, give me a few days for try to get a Spanish and an Argentine Teams, although we are available to play just only after the EURO final between Germany and Spain lol, so when the tournament starts?
Thanks given by:
Alex por ahora esta completo, pero si el team Canada no se forma, siempre teneis una oportunidad!
Yo digo que os apunteis por si acaso!
Thanks given by: