Poll: Have people who want to leave AC be helped by the devs with a permaban?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, best solution ever...
45.16%
14 45.16%
No, they are bluffing...
12.90%
4 12.90%
No, why do that?
38.71%
12 38.71%
Ill tell you in the comments!
3.23%
1 3.23%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

On "Permaban Farewellers"...
So, after recent posts by people saying goodbye for good, and in my always growing interest to get to know all of you better, and also satisfy my desire to help everybody I can, I open this marvelous thread to see and discuss what you guys think has to be done to help "Farewellers", or people who come to say goodbye to the community.
It can be personal reasons or just outta annoyance, but lets find out what the community has to say.
EDIT: Only talking about people who want to leave forever, and no disrespect intended, I do it for the lulz.
Thanks given by:
Weren't you done with all these threads? :>.

I mean if the dude is really sure he's gonna peace out then fine that could work (Although it seems rather silly, keeping away from AC is harder than it sounds).
* Oracle still fails at it, and he's beginning a new 3-week~ish slog without it starting today.
Thanks given by:
XD , whats wrong with the thread?
I´m always interested in helping!
Thanks given by:
when you lose interest on something and feel to "leave" you don't really have to vouch it with a thread. there are many reasons, but that's all i gotta say.
Thanks given by:
If someone wants to return to the game why should we stop them with a permaban?
Thanks given by:
i understand your intention paul, but that's probably one of the most senseless threads you ever created. xd
Thanks given by:
@klein, thanks, I work hard on these threads, XD!
(16 Apr 12, 11:17AM)MykeGregory Wrote: If someone wants to return to the game why should we stop them with a permaban?
Hey, they can always make a "comeback thread" so we can all lol with them, or pm the Dungeon Master jamz...
Thanks given by:
i know, that's why i wanted to admit your achievement. ^^
Thanks given by:
3 week ban :3
Thanks given by:
A thread just forces you to commit. The best way to do things is to take a really long break. That way you can always come back of the mood strikes ya. Just don't post a thread or you'll look like the gomer-eating backbone-less biotch you really are when you decide to return after a measly couple of weeks. For myself, I'll never post a goodbye thread. It'll be now ya see, now ya don't! Course that means of I ever do write such a thread then I'll be gone for sure. Ain't no pussy shit. We all know however that that will never happen so y'all might as well start learning how to drink. It'll save ya the pain and suffering of getting beat down by fragmasterflexdaddykell once he gets his internetz back. :).
Thanks given by:
Speaking of farewellers...
Where has V-Man been of recent?
Thanks given by:
And V-Wifey?
Thanks given by:
when i get 100 mbit and it's working properly! I'm gonna remove every single ban from blacklist and start all over again and give people a second chance. -I think we all should give em' that.. even that rough boy Plena. .. -I guess we all need to show some respect that people CAN change witch i distrust in some cases? :P -But hey!? -Why not try and see what happen? (I bet i'll be much job again for every one tho?)
-But im willing to try and see? :D

and YES we have some notorious cheaters, hackers or whatever.. but if WE show our goodwill they might re-think that what they did was wrong?

Well PEOPLE that are permbanned might see that there is a possibility to have this chance?.. and might start from a scratch.. (not cheating, hacking) game-life again. :)

I hope we all could join together and see if this is a huge misstake OR.. -This will make people come back and have fun again. (in a FAIR way)

My 100 mbit will.. last time i checked? -be ready in mid of May.... so until then people will still be banned.

-What u server owners think.. and reflect about this "GOODWILL" stuff?
Thanks given by:
you missed the point of the thread. xd
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 05:10PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Speaking of farewellers...

From what I have heard from him, bogged down by RL stuff.
Thanks given by:
great solution please implement it, will stop the attention seekers
Thanks given by:
(17 Apr 12, 06:48AM)Undead Wrote: great solution please implement it, will stop the attention seekers

It did not helped you to get banned from everywhere.

BTW: No it's not a good idea, reason is: "freedom"
Thanks given by:
(17 Apr 12, 10:51AM).ExodusS* Wrote: It did not helped you to get banned from everywhere.

BTW: No it's not a good idea, reason is: "freedom"

As the Fabulous Emperor; son of PERROS; brother of the Sun and Moon; grandson and viceroy of Anders Breivik; ruler of the kingdoms of the Neo-Aryan Caliphate, Greater Germany, Jerusalem and Scandinavia; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Kell Hounds; trustee chosen by Emoposer himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of the cube — I command you, the most Fabulous ExodusS, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

- Emperor Carlos Fabuleux Victor Breivik XIV
Thanks given by:
I did not make a massacre.
Thanks given by:
(17 Apr 12, 10:51AM).ExodusS* Wrote: BTW: No it's not a good idea, reason is: "freedom"
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 05:10PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Speaking of farewellers...
(16 Apr 12, 06:33PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: And V-Wifey?

This is going to keep me from focusing on the point of this thread. Sorry, Paul.
Thanks given by:
[Image: AlBQC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They should be able to receive a ban of whatever length they want but not permanent, because if you offer free permabans (or prama bans were they called? I recall that phrase) then you pretty much have to remove the ban when eventually they'll ask "I won't be able to cope without ac for another day never mind for another eternity, please unban". It means they end up feeling like utter plonkers for asking for the ban in the first place, and it means the ban was a waste of time. If you offer 6 month bans a player they won't feel embarrassed/as embarrassed when they return because they never got the opportunity to parade saying "**** all you addicts! I've made it 100%PERFECTly certain you won't be seeing my ass round here again (but you may somewhere else if you help achieve the total)".
They will think "well if I can just stick it out for this last month then I can show my face again with dignity" or who knows maybe they will have lost their addiction by that time.
Thanks given by:
The hard part about that is it creates a paradox:

If they can't remove the ban they could get stuck off AssaultCube without having actually become 100% sure they are leaving permanently.
On they other hand, if they CAN remove the ban themselves, then the ban is no longer doing its job of putting the key in someone else's hands, and returning becomes too easy and tempting.

Honestly, banning people that want to quit a game is a silly idea, but it's entertaining to talk about.
Thanks given by:
which is why I suggested what I did
Thanks given by: