Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
(27 Feb 12, 07:26PM)Nightmare Wrote: F1 rofl's shotty :D
I also like the idea of making the shotgun/pistol combo a decent combo.

I do this all the time. I walk around with a pistol and shoot people 3-4 times then pepper them and they typically die within 1-2 shots. People call me a noob even if I kill them with the pistols "lol noob gun"
Thanks given by:
prosmoke, its not the full width, rofl explained it a bit bad, he showed me. I'ts from CLA base to 25 armor on the right of CLA base.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 11:02PM)ProSmoke Wrote: 20/30 for the width of desert? Isnt like 5/10 atm?
I think the sniper pistol is better because of the slow rate of fire. The sg shoots fast enough that by the time you change weApons it doesnt really matter.

It seems to take about 6 hits with current 1104 shotgun so I'd guess it does 15-20 damage currently. But frankly this is too low, considering you have a single shot every second and the other short ranged weapon, the SMG, can far exceed 20-30 damage/second at that range. The distance is from the back of CLA base to a few steps behind the 25 shield on the right of CLA.

The sniper firerate is 1.5 seconds whereas the shotgun firerate is 1 second. The switch time is only 0.4 seconds. A shotgunner always has the ability to fire a shot, switch and fire another two pistols in the same time a sniper can do that. I'm surprised we don't see people do a combo right now because if you time it well you can get an extra pistol shot in between each shotgun shot.
Thanks given by:
it's simply because that gun is not entitled to be used on long range. i agree to some extent with doing something about shotgun but long range is not the way to go imo.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 12, 04:07PM)Stranz Wrote: it's simply because that gun is not entitled to be used on long range. i agree to some extent with doing something about shotgun but long range is not the way to go imo.

The shotgun is still very weak long range. 20-30 long range is so much less than you'd expect to get with any other weapon.
Thanks given by:
But shotguns arent a long range weapon.
The bigger the distance the more spread and less pellets hits.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 12, 10:57PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: But shotguns arent a long range weapon.

i wouldve thought DES supports having a really powerful shotgun.

Thanks given by:
Roflcopter thanks for clearing that up now that you said that im surprised people dont use it as much too. Ill try it ;)
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 12, 10:57PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: But shotguns arent a long range weapon.

The shotgun I propose is still very short-range.

At the same range I'd expect a half-decent SMG player to hit at least 3 out of the 11 they can fire in the same time which corresponds to 45 damage. This is being very conservative.

In comparison, a shotgunner at the same range who aims perfectly and has good luck will be rewarded with about 30 damage. And if you aim slightly off you'll get far less than that.

The occasional shotgun snipe that some have complained about is due to the 1104's shotgun's very random spread which has been made more consistent in SVN.
Thanks given by:
I vote Roflcopter new Dev leggo
Thanks given by:
(29 Feb 12, 01:44AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote: i wouldve thought DES supports having a really powerful shotgun.

What DES gotta do with with this i have no idea about.
So why dont you stop making this a clan thing when its me saying this.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes i wonder. What if we got rid of the shotgun and made the knife 1 hit? Since sg is so short ranged and will lise to the ar and smg at 2 hit range. 6 cubes is really short.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 12, 01:49AM)ProSmoke Wrote: Sometimes i wonder. What if we got rid of the shotgun and made the knife 1 hit? Since sg is so short ranged and will lise to the ar and smg at 2 hit range. 6 cubes is really short.
lol nty. would then be too easy to kill.
Thanks given by:
how about make ever gun a OHK
loljks
how about pump out this new version and just delete shotgun.
Thanks given by:
Since the shotgun seems a little underpowered currently in SVN, I think it would be fine to release that as the next version so that people can start to use all the awesome new features (like in-game hudgun switching) but not have to worry about one weapon being over all the others, and the balancing can continue on into the version after next.
Thanks given by:
What Lantry said, "New Version coming soon"

9 months later...

"Shotgun is inbetween balanced and not"
Thanks given by:
Making the damage the weapons inflict the same or close to the same defeats the purpose of having diffierent weapons. In an IRL comparison the truth of it is, the shotgun is about perfect on 1.1.04, the pistols have always been slightly under-powered, A real M-16 (which is what I assume the AR is based off of) has no recoil whatsoever, big difference from AC. The smg, (which looks to be based off an Mp5, correct me if I am wrong) is about right in terms of comparison to the other weapons. The Carbine is semi-auto, and would always have a faster rate of fire IRL than in AC. What I am getting at is the balance will never be realistic. As long as it suits the game well, then thats what it should be.
I think the only thing that should be different in terms of weapons is that there should be a second option for the pistol. i.e a 1911 .45 or even a Desert Eagle.
Other than that, I say everything is as it should be, for purposes of balanced gameplay, in version 1.1.04. After all, Assaultcube is only SEMI-realistic.
Thanks given by:
Changes I'd like:
-Shotgun damage reduced
-Pistol's spread to be greatly reduced
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 04:32AM)jockskratos Wrote: -Shotgun damage reduced
Already done.
(08 Mar 12, 04:32AM)jockskratos Wrote: -Pistol's spread to be greatly reduced
I don't think that's been done, but the clip size was increasedto 10/100.
Thanks given by:
I dont know if the smg stats in the SVN has changed again, but the current smg also in 1.1.0.4 is too low. And dont say its fine, i dont see anyone playing smg in 1.1.0.4 apart some w00ps, all others sucks with it.

If the smg would be easier or better much more ppl would play with it. Like i remember in 1.0.4, everyone played smg because it was a bit overpowered in comparison to the AR and now it got changed, everyone plays AR.

Also the "new" helmets in 1.1.0.4 makes the smg worse.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 07:21AM)Orynge Wrote:
(08 Mar 12, 04:32AM)jockskratos Wrote: -Pistol's spread to be greatly reduced
I don't think that's been done, but the clip size was increasedto 10/100.

Pistol spread was reduced from 55 to 53. But I do agree (when do I disagree with lowering spread?) that further reductions in pistol spread would be good.

(08 Mar 12, 08:29AM)Elite Wrote: Also the "new" helmets in 1.1.0.4 makes the smg worse.

Elite is right about high amounts of amour making SMG worse than AR. Also the spread is inferior. Damage is actually on par with AR however.
Thanks given by:
Is the pistol spread talked about above Akimbo?
Or is there spread on the semi-auto standard pistol? :O
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 07:22PM)Nightmare Wrote: Is the pistol spread talked about above Akimbo?
Or is there spread on the semi-auto standard pistol? :O

Akimbo spread has gone up from 45 to 50.

Actually looking at the akimbo overall it's completely the wrong direction: more bullets, less accuracy. Yes it mitigates the extra bullets it now has but it makes it more spray-and-pray still.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 09:12PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Actually looking at the akimbo overall it's completely the wrong direction: more bullets, less accuracy. Yes it mitigates the extra bullets it now has but it makes it more spray-and-pray still.

It's for bad aimers like me. lol, btw who complained about the akimbo?

Thanks given by:
The AC community is split into three sub-communities; The gema community, the "twin-and-megatowers-@camper-tosok-douze" (let's call them "the noobs") community and the "Elite-we-play-cm-and-inters-all-days-long" community. The noob community is the biggest, followed up by gema'ists, and the Elites (as they call themself) are the smallest group which can't even represent 1% of all the regular players. When you think about it, it's rather hilarious that the devs chooses to listen to these Elites. Most of them don't even have experience in gaming and no experience at all in game development (I don't have experience in game development either, but then again, I haven't posted anything in this thread). Nerfing a gun is a slap on the cheek to everyone who's spent lots of time to master that gun. The right solution would be to make the weak weapons more powerful and leave the OP guns alone. By nerfing the Assault Rifle, you make the game worse for the gema players. If you don't want gema players and noobs in this game, then so be it, but don't start projects like the translating project if you don't want AC to grow and get bigger. Right now you're making people quit this game. If you devs are not sure what to do, rather than listening to people on these forums, take a look at another game instead. I usually give Infinity Ward lots of shit for messing up CoD, but when it comes to satisfying the players they're more or less awesome. In cod4, one gun in each class is overpowered, the grenade is overpowered, even a few perks (extra abilities) are way overpowered. Why didn't IW nerf these? Becuse the players have spent so much time on the game that they've learnt how to dodge the grenades and how to kill someone who's using the overpowered ak47. Are the cod players smarter than the cubers? I'd like to say no but I'm not sure. I've never seen a game where mass leaving occures after an update. Perhaps the devs of AC are superhumans and more experienced than all other game developers. I just don't know.

Flame on.
Thanks given by:
Lol. Where do the general pubbers/ladder whores fall?
Thanks given by:
The Elites plays on ladders, along with noobs of course.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 12:04AM)RealViking Wrote: Why didn't IW nerf these? Becuse the players have spent so much time on the game that they've learnt how to dodge the grenades and how to kill someone who's using the overpowered ak47.

lol
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 12:04AM)RealViking Wrote: Flame on.
You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 12:04AM)RealViking Wrote: ...the Elites (as they call themself)...
(11 Mar 12, 12:41AM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: lol
^^
(11 Mar 12, 12:28AM)RealViking Wrote: The Elites plays on ladders, along with noobs of course.
I feel that you simplified this community to just black-and-white, discounting just about every shade of gray. You called the elites the ones who are all inter-and-cm all day, yet just call, but just now lumped them with the "pubbers". I know for a fact a multitude of players (including myself) who go on pubs, don't always play inters and cms, but at the same don't play TOSOK or @camper maps that much either. For example, look at your two favorite clans, DES| and B}, among others. Where does this group go?
Just something to think about.
Thanks given by: