Poll: Should spread be lower?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's too high
41.67%
25 41.67%
No, it's fine
38.33%
23 38.33%
I'm not sure/ I don't care
20.00%
12 20.00%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should spread be reduced?
I think a burst fire script would be frowned upon by devs and the like. Its been discussed before.
Just do it on your mouse without a script.
Thanks given by:
I've been analyzing the aG Cup's demos and the highest automatic-weapon accuracy I've found so far is 36% with akimbo by Undead. In general, there are few of us above the 30% mark. It's quite obvious, if the highest accuracy a player gets with a low-spread weapon such as akimbo is just 36%, that spread is a very limiting factor. AC is meant to be a fast-paced run-and-gun game, which it is, so in most situations burst-firing is less effective than simply holding mouse1.

I also find it hard to imagine players complaining about their bullets that should hit actually hitting. I want AC to feel responsive. People don't mind being bettered if it feels logical; it's random results that don't correlate well with how the players aimed that make people angry.
Thanks given by:
The smg has no spread what so ever.The devs should change that since i read somewhere on this forum,that they gonna beef up the damage for it.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 09:42PM)Think3r Wrote: The smg has no spread what so ever.The devs should change that since i read somewhere on this forum,that they gonna beef up the damage for it.

That's wrong. SMG has very high spread in fact.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 09:43PM)Roflcopter Wrote: That's wrong. SMG has very high spread in fact.

I just tried it out smg has high spread from a distance but if your like 10 cubes away the spread is very low.

P.s i always thought it had no spread b/c when the ar spreads it gets the cross hair gets bigger. ( I know imma noob.)

Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 10:00PM)Think3r Wrote: I just tried it out smg has high spread from a distance but if your like 10 cubes away the spread is very low.

P.s i always thought it had no spread b/c when the ar spreads it gets the cross hair gets bigger. ( I know imma noob.)

[Image: sighmeme.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Personally, I think that lowering the spread would be a good idea. In effect however, I think the recoil would need to go up. That way, game play would be more realistic for automatic weapons in the sense that your bullets would hit where you aim but "burst firing" would be used more to control the recoil.
Thanks given by:
And the non full autos would need huge boosts.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 03:32AM)Nightmare Wrote: And the non full autos would need huge boosts.

meh...reduce time between shots on both carbine and sniper (especially on sniper). make the hitbox for headshots a touch wider, and leave the shotgun completely as it was, making it the weakest weapon.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 12, 10:00PM)Think3r Wrote: P.s i always thought it had no spread b/c when the ar spreads it gets the cross hair gets bigger. ( I know imma noob.)

Since the 1.1, the AR' crosshair gets bigger, not the spread. :D
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 04:20AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Since the 1.1, the AR' crosshair gets bigger, not the spread. :D

The AR's spread does get bigger.

The changes I'd suggest making to other weapons are similar. Carbine firedelay down to 0.5s from 0.72s making it able to kill in the same minimum time as ARs or SMGs. Alternavitely, upping carbine damage to 75 would make it able to kill 100-hp, 100-armour players in the same time as the AR.

Dropping sniper firedelay from 1.5s to around 1s and lowering no-scope spread a bit too would balance it nicely.

I've spoken to a top sniper in the game and we agreed sniper was too weak, but also that it can't really get the sniper-pistol combo without becoming overpowered. Instead we felt that AC needs to change sniper significantly because currently tweaking the values a little won't balance the game for everyone.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 11:25AM)Roflcopter Wrote: I've spoken to a top sniper in the game and we agreed sniper was too weak

that is what we agreed upon yes.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 11:25AM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(09 Mar 12, 04:20AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Since the 1.1, the AR' crosshair gets bigger, not the spread. :D
Simple, easy-to-do ideas that balance the weapons.

y u no dev?!

Thanks given by:
Ok for the Carabine delay, not the damage, or the sniper will be owned by Carabine too...
The sniper is perfect, the delay is perfect, the damage need 1 more HP on the SVN to be ok, looks like the dev who changed the sniper on the SVN don't know this weapon well...
1 sniper bullet + 1 pistol bullet, WHO COMPLAINED THIS? NOBODY!
AR to 15 bullets only, now killing 2 players without reloading will need skill, the AR jump/rush will be more tactical. (already done, don't change it plzzz!)
SMG with less hit-drops will be far better in pubs, (and it's already far better on no-hit drops servers), i dont know if the spread should be reduced, the SMG is for mid/close range, the spread make it harder at long distances, and it's normal (yes normal).
The shotgun...lol play Cube.
The shotgun should be useless at far/mid distances, only advantaged in little ways/corridors/doors.
It must be a bit tactical, cause the shotgun ATM it's like, i run and i shot.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 02:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote: 1 sniper bullet + 1 pistol bullet [= kill]

this.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 04:12PM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(09 Mar 12, 02:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote: 1 sniper bullet + 1 pistol bullet [= kill]

this.

Last time i played SVN, the combo was at 99hp
Thanks given by:
INS/IDC.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 02:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Ok for the Carabine delay, not the damage, or the sniper will be owned by Carabine too...
The sniper is perfect, the delay is perfect, the damage need 1 more HP on the SVN to be ok, looks like the dev who changed the sniper on the SVN don't know this weapon well...
1 sniper bullet + 1 pistol bullet, WHO COMPLAINED THIS? NOBODY!
AR to 15 bullets only, now killing 2 players without reloading will need skill, the AR jump/rush will be more tactical. (already done, don't change it plzzz!)
SMG with less hit-drops will be far better in pubs, (and it's already far better on no-hit drops servers), i dont know if the spread should be reduced, the SMG is for mid/close range, the spread make it harder at long distances, and it's normal (yes normal).
The shotgun...lol play Cube.
The shotgun should be useless at far/mid distances, only advantaged in little ways/corridors/doors.
It must be a bit tactical, cause the shotgun ATM it's like, i run and i shot.

Really bad ideas.

Sniper+pistol combo kills in 400ms, quicker than any other weapon even at close range.

AR at 15 bullets won't work with current spread because the best players only hit 36% of their bullets on average. If the AR had 100% accuracy I'd be fine with a 15 round clip.

Completely useless shotgun at mid-long would be unplayable in clan matches.

The reason all the non-automatic weapons suck is because the game is played best with strategies that require the ability to inflict consistent amounts of damage. Faster firing sniper that does less damage gives more consistency without becoming OP.
Thanks given by: