PortForwarding my ac 1.1 server
I am trying to portforward my server for ac 1.1 and i need help. I dont use a router i use an at&t 3g wireless internet card. any1 have any advice? thanks - juicy
Thanks given by:
... To my knowledge (which isn't too broad) you probably will have some bandwidth problems, considering that you are using 3g, also, make sure at&t doesn't have any download requirements.
Thanks given by:
/cry

You asked a while ago about a 1.0.4 server. This leads me to assume you didn't portforward that either.

Go to
in Firefox and tell me what happens.
Thanks given by:
ronald_reagan, some bandwidth problems doesnt cover it. a HELLISH SH*TLOAD of bandwidth problems does it justice.

lightning, i dont think you can edit the preferences from the browser. you do that from the driver software for the wireless card.

juicy ARE YOU FREAKIN CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?! A WIRELESS 3G ATT CARD ISNT GOING TO WORK, UNLESS YOU WANT PEOPLE LAGGING WITH 20K PING!!!!!!!!!!! how are you even playing ac on a 3g card? back to your question, prior experience tells me that if you connect directly to your router via ethernet or usb, you dont need to forward ports. you do need a static ip, if i remember correctly.
Thanks given by:
Yes, we get it. Stop flipping out. Ever heard of Nettiquette?
Thanks given by:
nope. i type like i talk. never come within 20 ft of me.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 03:20PM)JGAN Wrote: nope. i type like i talk. never come within 20 ft of me.
You type with your mouth?
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 10, 09:29AM)JMM Wrote:
(06 Aug 10, 03:20PM)JGAN Wrote: nope. i type like i talk. never come within 20 ft of me.
You type with your mouth?

no, i yell all the time. :@

(07 Aug 10, 02:37PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

wtf?
Thanks given by:
Seriously, though, you won't be able to run a server on 3G card (I sure am surprised nobody has pointed this out yet). Regardless, you only need to set up port forwarding if you're behind a router; you shouldn't need to do this when using dial-up modem or wireless internet, you should be assigned an external IP directly.

To find out, go to command prompt and type /ipconfig and see what your IP is. If it's a private address (such as the classic 192.168.x.x along with certain ranges within 172.x.x.x and all 10.x.x.x addresses), you do need port forwarding.

If not, you shouldn't need it.

However, there are other things to consider. You might be behind ISP NAT, or your ISP might be blocking all incoming connections to prevent torrenting/running servers; in either of these cases there isn't much (if anything) you can do.
Thanks given by:
V-Man always is a helpful contributor to the conversation.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 10, 03:58AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: V-Man always is a helpful contributor to the conversation.

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

jmm, i think yelling at juicy made it clear that a 3g server wasent going to work.

can someone just close this thread?
Thanks given by:
:/ you're missing 8 "nom"s.
Thanks given by: