a problem not so big problem, but a problem>:(
i am fond of assault cube, i play it almost whenever i get time, morning, evening , late night, early morning... ........

i have a new problem with the software.. nowadays (was not happening before) i face a problem with brightness. this happens when someone writes me on skype, so i press desktop button on keyboard to temp see desktop(assault cube still running in background),
when i press assault cube window again, i see completely dark screen, i mean i can see stuffs around but its not bright..
i put brightness in middle. its ok for me..

to help with this i have to go to videosettings and after doing +1 /-1on brightness knob (even without even saving) the screen comes to normal...

1. why is this happening to me, never happened before?
2. people splatter in the middle.. ruins my ac_douze matches where sniper is involved, noone wants to be headshotted, even a girl..
3. people think a girl is a noob but truth is i have better marks than most of them at the end tally.. (ok, this was side talking)...

sorry for talking so much, help will be appreciated. and impress me:)
Thanks given by:
The same thing happens to me when i use Windows key + tab to look at my windows. I just type this to alter the brightness...
/gamma 100
Then type
/gamma 150
The reason i type gamma 100 first is cos typing gamma 150 to begin with dousnt seem to work for me. so i have to reset it first the type gamma 150

The gamma 150 bit is how i have like my brightness. You can change the number to how you like it.
You could even bind it to a key so you dont have to type it out everytime...
/bind 0 [gamma 150]

As for number 2? We all get gibbed and sniped sooner or later. lol
Thanks given by:
Thanks alot Mykee..

how to dedicate a key??
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 12:17PM)marinaostapchuk Wrote: Thanks alot Mykee..

how to dedicate a key??

Just so you know, there could be a better solution to this problem. Thats just how i do it.
you type
/bind
Choose a key. EG the number 0. You can choose what ever you want.
/bind 0
Then type gamma (Your number, i choose 150)
/bind 0 [gamma 150]
Thanks given by:
aha))) thanks...

where 0 is the key right (on the keyboard right)
yesss thanks alot)))
on a side note..

your name is said as Maaeekee or Meekee?
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 12:26PM)marinaostapchuk Wrote: aha))) thanks...

where 0 is the key right (on the keyboard right)
yesss thanks alot)))
on a side note..

your name is said as Maaeekee or Meekee?

its pronounced like Mike
(My-K)
Thanks given by:
well my name is Mickey(pet name)...

my brother's name is Rickey(to rhyme)

possibly, because those days Mickey mouse came on tv :) and i was also naughty as a child.. before that i guess i was only called Marina:)
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 11, 09:22AM)marinaostapchuk Wrote: 1. why is this happening to me, never happened before?
You probably never tried that exact combination of machine states before.

Quote:2. people splatter in the middle.. ruins my ac_douze matches where sniper is involved, noone wants to be headshotted, even a girl..
Stop playing douze and you'll never have that problem again.

Quote:3. people think a girl is a noob but truth is i have better marks than most of them at the end tally.. (ok, this was side talking)...
Yeah, it has nothing to do with you being a girl. I'm not sure why you bring that up so much, actually. We all get it, you are a girl. Not all girls are noobs, just like not all guys are noobs. Facts established.
Thanks given by:
i like ac douze :)
Thanks given by:
if the gamma thing works for you I'd suggest:
[cubescript]
bind KP0 [ g = $gamma; gamma (- $g 1); gamma $g ]
[/cubescript]
That'd bind the fixing to the 0 (zero) key on the numeric-keypad (not a good idea on most laptops, since it's harder to access), as always pick any key you like - see config/keymap.cfg (installation directory) for a list of all known keys, you could even copy it over into your game-home and add new keys by their keycode.
Another - more reliable - option, but with longer delay:
[cubescript]
resetgl
[/cubescript]
HTH
Thanks given by: