mouse binding problem
i have a funny little problem. i bought myself a gamer mouse (gigabyte) and of course it has more than just 5 buttons. but the problem is i can't bind all of them. ok left, right click and wheel is working perfectly whilw my other 2 buttons can't be both binded. I've managed to bind 1 (mouse8) but when i bind mouse 7 (bind "MOUSE7" echo test) i dont get any result out. it is also not mouse 9 since the game says there isn't any mouse9 key. but that button (which can not be binded) IS working outside the game (mozilla, UrT...)
i'm lookin forward for replies :)
Thanks given by:
Just for fun try binding MOUSE4/MOUSE8.

Edit: I see you bound MOUSE8 and it worked? MOUSE4 or MOUSE16 should do it I would think. My guess is mouse buttons work similar to modifier keys(Shift, Alt, Control). Each of these keys is assigned a value(As are all keyboard keys); Shift is 1, Control is 2, and Alt is 4. The sum of the values of each key pressed produces a single value that represents the states of each button.

0 - No button is pressed
1 - Shift
2 - Control
3 - Shift+Control
4 - Alt
5 - Shift+Alt
6 - Control+Alt
7 - Shift+Control+Alt
8 - Hankaku(IIRC)

If mouse buttons work similarly, binding MOUSE7 would actually bind something like MOUSE1+MOUSE2+MOUSE4; you would have to press those three keys simultaneously for it to work.
Thanks given by:
Well, the keys are all mapped up to MOUSE8...
I would imagine MOUSE9 would be
[cubescript]
keymap -9 MOUSE9
[/cubescript]
And so on.
Thanks given by:
EDITED: i just tried V-Man's suggestion and now it works... appereantly the nonworking key is mouse9 and the mouse7 is the dpi change button :)

thanks v-man :) (clap) (bow)
Thanks given by:
I still want you to try Mael's experiment and tell us how it goes.
Thanks given by:
nope i couldn't get to work what mael suggested :(
Thanks given by:
Let's try another fun suggestion. Assuming you're on Windows, run this program, press each of the mouse buttons, and tell us what value is printed to the window. Left should be 0, middle 1, right 2. When I scroll down I get 16, up 17. I don't have any other buttons so I can't say what they are.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nj38uajgdq4u1ge
Thanks given by:
your assumption is wrong....

ubuntu 11.10 with gnome3
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 11, 09:56PM)Milandrag Wrote: EDITED: i just tried V-Man's suggestion and now it works... appereantly the nonworking key is mouse9 and the mouse7 is the dpi change button :)

thanks v-man :) (clap) (bow)

Same for me (razer lachesis)

Thanks given by: