AC Dead?
Guys, today I went to try play AC after seeing on the sourceforge page over 800,000 downloads and only 24 people are online, am I missing something or is that the whole game?!?!?!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, this game is pretty dead. (Competitively anyway), now it's just publics with shotguns because it has no learning curve. Try Crossfire, or even UrT, or if you have the cash Counter-Strike.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I was looking forward to this game, thx for fast reply!!!
Thanks given by:
No problem here: http://crossfire.z8games.com/
Thousands of players, good clan scene!
Cya, and thanks for playing AC.
Thanks given by:
Mhm, thanks alot for this Jason, never heard of this game but I'll give it a shot, once again, thanks for quick reply!!!
Thanks given by:
There goes another potential player...
Thanks Jas0n=MyS=.
lol. jk, You can allways enjoy the public matches xXSnipezXx
Thanks given by:
Later there are more players on.
Thanks given by:
Ok, it is quite early to be honestD:
Thanks given by:
I just checked and there's almost 200 people online :P
Thanks given by:
Maybe there are only 24 people on the servers you can access?
\:D

* Oracle wonders if anybody will get the implication...tempest probably will
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 03:42PM)Jason Wrote: Yeah, this game is pretty dead. (Competitively anyway), now it's just publics with shotguns because it has no learning curve. Try Crossfire, or even UrT, or if you have the cash Counter-Strike.

CrossFire = if you have the cash

Thanks given by:
AC is not dead. Players are.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 03:42PM)Jason Wrote: Yeah, this game is pretty dead. (Competitively anyway), now it's just publics with shotguns because it has no learning curve. Try Crossfire, or even UrT, or if you have the cash Counter-Strike.

so you'd rather go on crossfire/urt/cs related forums
cya and thanks for playing ac
Thanks given by:
its not dead.
AC doesn't evolve, only slowly degrades.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 08:34PM)Vlad Wrote: its not dead.
AC doesn't evolve, only slowly degrades.

please explain yourself ;)
Thanks given by:
If you guys with your stupid negative comments about AC aren't happy, just piss off and leave you won't be missed!
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 09:15PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: If you guys with your stupid negative comments about AC aren't happy, just piss off and leave you won't be missed!

F1. AC will always rule!
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 10:05PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(03 Dec 11, 09:15PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: If you guys with your stupid negative comments about AC aren't happy, just piss off and leave you won't be missed!

F1. AC will always rule!

<3333
Thanks given by:
About the player counts:
http://pbclan.tk/serverstats/masterserver.html
Look at the log, it will show you that it is highly dependent on the time of day.
Thanks given by:
MOOM to the rescue!
<3
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 09:07PM)Luc@s Wrote: please explain yourself ;)
Well, i think AC didnt become real FPS game. "forum talk", "irc and ts spend time", public games - its quite boring, game must have tournaments and competitive element (not all this ladders ...).

We could count normal clans on fingers of one hand and we still will have few free fingers ;) It turns out at us there is no concurence [that you like very much in west]
We had a lot of interesting projects like ACtv, ACinter ... and where is it now ? Did it intergrate to AC ? Does it work ? No :(

I see, that each two weeks there is new not bad map in forum, but in 1.1 in official list (as i understant) wasnt added any new good maps, but was added totaly unfair and not popular ac_raptrap. Official list - its maps, that clans play in cm and training ... So probably we will keep play old maps.

In general there is no culture and communications between different groups of people in AC ( like devs and players, projects leaders and clans, devs and projects leaders ...)

For example :
1.Why cant we integrate ACtv in AC site, so people can come and look, if there any matches now?
2.Why cant we integrate ACinters in this site, so we shouldn't go to ACinter site or irc ?
3. Why devs spit on the sentence about promote AC ? (like App store for mac)
4. Why cant we change official list of maps now, with out SVN ? Just make 1.1.2 and change raptrap, aquen... to some new maps from Akimbo ?
5. Why cant we make one ladder from masterserver ? :D (idk, maybe its not possible...)

and a lot ....

(03 Dec 11, 10:05PM)MykeGregory Wrote: F1. AC will always rule!

Thats why degraded ... If you dont like something, try to change it. Leave - its for weak boys ;)
Thanks given by:
As for the maps, I'm totally with you. It's kinda weird to set fire to the "crap maps", but completely ignore the many good ones being made.

Integrating ACtv and stuff: why not? You'll have to talk to jamz or whoever is actually responsible for the website.

Official ladder: that's a complicated issue, because which servers would be included? Of course, adding all servers on the MS is impossible, you can only add those whose owners you trust. But as soon as you say "I trust you, but not that other guy", that other guy will come crying that TyD and the "community elite" are privileged.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: 4. Why cant we change official list of maps now, with out SVN ? Just make 1.1.2 and change raptrap, aquen... to some new maps from Akimbo ?
Because some people like playing those maps. (I'm one of them.)
Thanks given by:
There is ACtv player and calendar on ACstats, bear in mind there are no events atm. Thing is, both projects are, like, unknown..

Also, I agree, competition wise, AC is dead(ish).

edit: i sometimes make sense no
Thanks given by:
atleast there are more servers than players
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 11:28PM)SleepKiller Wrote:
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: 4. Why cant we change official list of maps now, with out SVN ? Just make 1.1.2 and change raptrap, aquen... to some new maps from Akimbo ?
Because some people like playing those maps. (I'm one of them.)
The majority don't.

(03 Dec 11, 11:11PM)tempest Wrote: But as soon as you say "I trust you, but not that other guy", that other guy will come crying that TyD and the "community elite" are privileged.
You can avoid that if you enable servers to join the ladder as long as it provides the required neccesities (ping, location, stability, map rotation, etc.), instead of only allowing this to trusted server owners. There are many trustworthy people outside of the forum/irc community, we just need to give them a chance, in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 12:02AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: The majority don't.
source?

Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 12:07AM)Luc@s Wrote:
source?

A truck load of @camper, and douze in the master server.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: Well, i think AC didnt become real FPS game. "forum talk", "irc and ts spend time", public games - its quite boring, game must have tournaments and competitive element (not all this ladders ...).
Ladders can promote competitions, but of course it won't be efficient if they're too many running. And i agree, we need more than those ladders (as they currently work).
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: We could count normal clans on fingers of one hand and we still will have few free fingers ;) It turns out at us there is no concurence
there are maaany clans - enough at least
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: [that you like very much in west]
not sure it helps
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: We had a lot of interesting projects like ACtv, ACinter ... and where is it now ? Did it intergrate to AC ? Does it work ? No :(
indeed
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: I see, that each two weeks there is new not bad map in forum, but in 1.1 in official list (as i understant) wasnt added any new good maps, but was added totaly unfair and not popular ac_raptrap. Official list - its maps, that clans play in cm and training ... So probably we will keep play old maps.
maybe there are not enough official maps but i wouldn't say those we currently have are bad or good. They're just not suited to all types of games (clan match, public, ...).

(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: In general there is no culture and communications between different groups of people in AC ( like devs and players, projects leaders and clans, devs and projects leaders ...)
i don't think so...
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: For example :
1.Why cant we integrate ACtv in AC site, so people can come and look, if there any matches now?
2.Why cant we integrate ACinters in this site, so we shouldn't go to ACinter site or irc ?
5. Why cant we make one ladder from masterserver ? :D (idk, maybe its not possible...)
i wish i had time for this
(03 Dec 11, 11:01PM)Vlad Wrote: 3. Why devs spit on the sentence about promote AC ? (like App store for mac)
you already got the answer to this question
Because you're not forced to play all official maps in clan match, if found find them inappropriate to clan matches just skip them. By the way it's ac_rattrap.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 12:08AM)SKB Wrote:
(04 Dec 11, 12:07AM)Luc@s Wrote:
source?

A truck load of @camper, and douze in the master server.
by source i mean real statistics proving most players don't like official maps
oh and do you mean @camper maps should be official because they're so much appreciated?
Thanks given by: