The Ethical Dilema
In the hypothetical situation that a player should fall into a hole and be unable to or doesn't know how to get out, suicide, disconnect or in any other way stop being stuck in the hole and he/she is unable to communicate with you:
a) put the noob victim out of his or her misery and perform a quick and painless euthanasia
or
b) Leave the misfortunate soul to run around, jump up and down and invariably shoot any passer by teammates

Of course for this situation like most moral dilemas your decision would change depending on circumstances so if you are unable to give a hardline standpoint then that is perfectly understandable so post your opinion anyway.

Please take into account the quality of life you imagine trapped player would have in the situation and even if we are fit to decide the fate of another player when forming your opinion.
Thanks given by:
I don't play maps with holes so I wouldn't know, nevertheless this sounds like a very complex problem, poor person in the hole D:
Thanks given by:
Why not votekick them. Doesn't require their input or skills. And no killing them.
Thanks given by:
If we are talking about the water wells in maps? Then they deserve to have a nade thrown in there if they cant get out.

in any other case, i agree with Cemer.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Go punch a clown.
Thanks given by:
[Image: meme14.jpg]
Guess.
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 11, 05:59PM)V-Man Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkaozXsKrcs

Nice to see Ricky Gervias is still in the credits. ;)
And lol at the 'yao ming meme' face.
Thanks given by:
Great topic!
It would depend on the mood I am. Normally the "euthanasia" (lol), given there are no other options. But IF theres a way out I would try them to mimic my actions to get out.
Thanks given by:
This used to happen in some old 1.0 tosok map, a greyish one. I didn't know what to do, so i asked people to teamkill me :P
Thanks given by:
I'd tell them how to suicide. That way I won't lose any points ;P
Well, unless it's the well in ac_desert. In that case, I'd tell them to type /quit to jump out.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 06:48PM)tempest Wrote: ...In that case, I'd tell them to type /quit to jump out.

/bind W [suicide]
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 06:48PM)tempest Wrote: I'd tell them how to suicide.

Really? Do you think you could live with that on your conscience?
Thanks given by:
If I can't, no problem - I know how to /suicide.
Thanks given by:
Gib them, jump down, teabag them, suicide.
Thanks given by:
I don't understand the title... What are ethics?
Thanks given by:
You just conjugated a word you claim not to understand. :-P
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 12:04PM)Orynge Wrote: Gib them, jump down, teabag them, suicide.

EPIC ^^
Thanks given by:
I think the more ethical dilemma is you misspelling "ethical dilemma"
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 12:04PM)Orynge Wrote: Gib them, jump down, teabag them, suicide.
I like your style Orynge!
Thanks given by:
Gib Orynge, jump down, teabag him, quit assault cube, play minecraft.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 11:22PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: I think the more ethical dilemma is you misspelling "ethical dilemma"
I think I don't give a damn

(23 Oct 11, 12:09PM)Huntsman Wrote: Gib Orynge, jump down, teabag him, quit assault cube, play minecraft.
Minecraft is unethical.
Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 11, 05:40PM)titiPT Wrote: This used to happen in some old 1.0 tosok map, a greyish one. I didn't know what to do, so i asked people to teamkill me :P

Swat_SilentDay :DDDDDDDD

(22 Oct 11, 08:17PM)Qontrol Wrote: Ok Heya I was really Struggling @ school, and at home, my mum is in hospital, my grandma has just had a heart attack, and my granddad has Neumonia.

Edit: A more ethical question is whether or not to let this guy know he spelled pneumonia wrong.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 09:04PM)V-Man Wrote: You just conjugated a word you claim not to understand. :-P
Sorry to join the grammar nazi party a little late, but conjugation is what you do to verbs; declension is what you do to nouns, adjectives, etc. :)
Thanks given by:
Well if you mean holes as in the holes in gema maps - simple, type !reset. Pretty much all servers that play gemas have the !reset cmd, although I can see where servers who only host normal modes would have an issue.
Thanks given by:
I like tempest's idea about assisted suicide or convincing them they don't exist somehow.

Good looking out on the grammar Jamz.
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 11, 08:16AM)jamz Wrote:
(22 Oct 11, 09:04PM)V-Man Wrote: You just conjugated a word you claim not to understand. :-P
Sorry to join the grammar nazi party a little late, but conjugation is what you do to verbs; declension is what you do to nouns, adjectives, etc. :)

So how would I say that? He declensionated?
Thanks given by:
Declined.

* jamz conjugates decline in the perfect tense
I declined
You declined
He/she/it declined...
Thanks given by: