Why Assault Cube is the best community out there
Here's the real reason why the AssaultCube community is the 'best' community. It has come to the point where the only people around are the ones that either don't care about the decisions that are made by people with power or have given up on having their own opinions. There used to be many more people here that would both hold opinions and feel comfortable while sharing them, but at some point in the last 6-8 months or so, something changed. With the initial 1.1 release, the community split apart and a period of several months of hostility between the two factions came up, but for the most part, this 'hostility' was purely the voicing of opinions, but things lead to other things and before you know it, Drakas made a completely different master server and community to house those of us that valued quality in what we were playing, which lasted for somewhere between a few weeks and a couple months. At the same time, the main forums fell into a state of disarray due to the main master server no longer supporting 1.0 and the resulting flaming caused strict censorship at the hands of the mods that resulted in half of the community being either banned or too frustrated to deal with what was going on (I was one of the latter) and many people left.

Although the community today may seem great, know that this is after a period of large amount of hostility. Also, know that this will most likely happen again at the next large release. This community is like a woman. Most of the time, she is fine and everyone likes/wants to fuck her, but once a month, she becomes the root of all things evil that wants to fuck up and kill everyone around her as much as they want to rip her head off. just remember that to avoid more periods (tee hee) of hostility, just realize that if you disagree with the devs and mods, you will never win. Just give up before the shit hits the fan so most people will stay happy.

[Image: KEsV2.jpg]
you will not win a fight against the devs
Thanks given by:
Funny peoplez and thier strange inside jokes
this^ represents AC in all it's glory, Mild troll bickerings.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Habluka Wrote: There used to be many more people here that would both hold opinions and feel comfortable while sharing them
Im still here.
Thanks given by:
Because my old iOD buddy seems to be back! Habluka hey man!
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 11, 10:12PM)Hellspell Wrote: Im still here.

and you are?
Thanks given by:
The 3rd anti-christ.
Thanks given by:
It's also the best community because... hey, I'm here.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 03:53AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: It's also the best community because... hey, I'm here.

My noobiness makes everything better. Anyone can be better than someone (me)!
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 01:48AM)Undead Wrote: and you are?

my sincerest apologies if my name hasn't appeared on your screen.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 09:47AM)Hellspell Wrote:
(08 Jul 11, 01:48AM)Undead Wrote: and you are?

my sincerest apologies if my name hasn't appeared on your screen.

i lol'd
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Habluka Wrote: Here's the real reason why the AssaultCube community is the 'best' community. It has come to the point where the only people around are the ones that either don't care about the decisions that are made by people with power or have given up on having their own opinions. There used to be many more people here that would both hold opinions and feel comfortable while sharing them, but at some point in the last 6-8 months or so, something changed. With the initial 1.1 release, the community split apart and a period of several months of hostility between the two factions came up, but for the most part, this 'hostility' was purely the voicing of opinions, but things lead to other things and before you know it, Drakas made a completely different master server and community to house those of us that valued quality in what we were playing, which lasted for somewhere between a few weeks and a couple months. At the same time, the main forums fell into a state of disarray due to the main master server no longer supporting 1.0 and the resulting flaming caused strict censorship at the hands of the mods that resulted in half of the community being either banned or too frustrated to deal with what was going on (I was one of the latter) and many people left.

Although the community today may seem great, know that this is after a period of large amount of hostility. Also, know that this will most likely happen again at the next large release. This community is like a woman. Most of the time, she is fine and everyone likes/wants to fuck her, but once a month, she becomes the root of all things evil that wants to fuck up and kill everyone around her as much as they want to rip her head off. just remember that to avoid more periods (tee hee) of hostility, just realize that if you disagree with the devs and mods, you will never win. Just give up before the shit hits the fan so most people will stay happy.

man this post is not based at all
Thanks given by:
Habluka, you suck.

umad?
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Habluka Wrote: With the initial 1.1 release, the community split apart

Not the first time the community has split, but thats the biggest yet..
Thanks given by:
One can’t help desperately hoping that any newcomers to this game realise that this forum isn’t representative of the assaultcube community.

What this forum seems to have become is an internet day care centre.

The good news is the community is alive and well but it aint here and it aint the majority people who post on these forums
So, my message to new members is; sorry about this, you’ve been misdirected to a troll cave by your browser.

If however you wish to see the spirit of this game in its full glory, the better skilled players, more intelligent discourse, effective troll pest control, a more mature humour level and better grammar, then look to the clans.

This is ac and the clans rule the game. You’re more than welcome to join us.
Thanks given by:
I could not possibly agree with you more tipper. Lately, the forums have fallen into a sad state of affairs, with normal civilized conversation being replaced by endless spamming, trolling, and flaming. It's very true that these forums do not really represent what the AC community is.

For a peek into the more intelligent, skilled, and mature half of AssaultCube, I recommend newcomers visit and join the websites of some of the friendliest clans around. These include...

oNe - http://o-n-e.co.nr/
KH - http://kell-hounds.co.nr/
Legacy - http://www.legacy-esports.com/

:)
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 02:53PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(04 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Habluka Wrote: Here's the real reason why the AssaultCube community is the 'best' community. It has come to the point where the only people around are the ones that either don't care about the decisions that are made by people with power or have given up on having their own opinions. There used to be many more people here that would both hold opinions and feel comfortable while sharing them, but at some point in the last 6-8 months or so, something changed. With the initial 1.1 release, the community split apart and a period of several months of hostility between the two factions came up, but for the most part, this 'hostility' was purely the voicing of opinions, but things lead to other things and before you know it, Drakas made a completely different master server and community to house those of us that valued quality in what we were playing, which lasted for somewhere between a few weeks and a couple months. At the same time, the main forums fell into a state of disarray due to the main master server no longer supporting 1.0 and the resulting flaming caused strict censorship at the hands of the mods that resulted in half of the community being either banned or too frustrated to deal with what was going on (I was one of the latter) and many people left.

man this post is not based at all

biased*
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 06:50PM)Zarj Wrote: biased*

[Image: 89312302.png]

Thanks given by:
Picture shows valiant, elegant, majestic, swandev standing up to the relentless onslaught of dirty, noisy, polluting trafficolls. Needless to say, there's a risk the beautiful dev could be crushed, but there will be more devs, and they will not stop until the machines are destroyed. Remember, devs can walk on water.
[Image: tumblr_lcy5i34F9L1qargfho1_500.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Amen!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 4149694511_741ff1ef97.jpg] jamz
Thanks given by:
^ This :)

Tipper is correct, although you can also find intelligent conversation in the IRC's, most of the time
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 10:03PM)jamz Wrote: [Image: KEsV2.jpg]
Picture shows valiant, elegant, majestic, swandev standing up to the relentless onslaught of dirty, noisy, polluting trafficolls. Needless to say, there's a risk the beautiful dev could be crushed, but there will be more devs, and they will not stop until the machines are destroyed. Remember, devs can walk on water.
[Image: tumblr_lcy5i34F9L1qargfho1_500.jpg]

lol no
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 10:06PM)Habluka Wrote: Although the community today may seem great, know that this is after a period of large amount of hostility. Also, know that this will most likely happen again at the next large release.

You've broken the code! This must be why the devs won't release the next version!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forums Raul, lovely first post. ;)
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 11:51PM)RaulGonzalezBlanco Wrote: @MusicMan10
I entered your so called " more intelligent, skilled, and mature half of AssaultCube". Couldnt find ONE post i was interested into that talked so much about this game im beginning to love. ******************************. Let me know how many posts in this forums include grammar problems. Let me know when ONE forums doesnt look like shit and can be read without me eyes hurting. Let me know when you post your picture on the post "post your REAL picture" so i can laugh at your face. Remember if you are ugly its probable you are stupid. Im sure you are both.

plz don't cry

Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 11, 01:21AM)RaulGonzalezBlanco Wrote: Maybe it was this ^^ what you referred to with "normal civilized conversation being replaced by endless spamming, trolling, and flaming". Yeah, i am angry at your comment so i go a step too far. Thanks for making these forums a spam troll flame war place because it is YOU who does so. Now, please, follow your ideals and GT*O because you dont deserve my time.

plz stop crying everything is going to be okay
Thanks given by:
[Image: 341872-2104-41.jpg]

Thanks given by:
With each post in this thread you just want to facepalm at the title.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 11, 11:30AM)Hellspell Wrote: With each post in this thread you just want to facepalm at the title.

Especially your posts.
Thanks given by: