Old map revival
Hi all,

Some of you may have seen my previous post on the revival of EzJemVille. I am still working on it and it is very sloppy ;). So far I have cut it down to about 12000 feet max area and 31 mean height. Almost there...

Meanwhile, I have other maps created resembling some of the old favorites. I have made a duplicate of oldvillage, although not nearly as good as the original, and a duplicate of rabins oasis, which I think is to be my best map to date. I have also turned Longhorn into a sort of assault@camper map, if anyone is interested (not really a good map tho). I dont know how to post pictures so when i do upload these, you will just have to go without. Flowtron, please refrain from shitting ur pants. These maps are all within the limits of the requisites so there should not be any problem encountered. You should expect to see these maps on the site in a map pack (including EzJemVille) within two to three weeks because Im pretty busy these days and wont be on AC much to tweak the maps.
Thanks given by:
To post screenshots just press F12 in-game, or fn + F12 if you have a Mac and upload the image here. Once you do that, get the "direct link" and paste it here in between [img] [/img]. So, it would be like this: [img]LINK_OF_IMAGE[/img]
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 07:02AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: These maps are all within the limits of the requisites so there should not be any problem encountered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_and_...of_the_law
You have some reading to do. Better get started!

For those of you who are too lazy to even open a new tab (you know who you are) here is the important bit:
wikipedia Wrote:The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not the intent of those who wrote the law. Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not necessarily adhering to the literal wording.
"Law" originally referred to legislative statute, but in the idiom may refer to any kind of rule. Intentionally following the letter of the law but not the spirit may be accomplished through exploiting technicalities, loopholes, and ambiguous language.
Thanks given by:
EzjemVille, yay! ^_^
here comes a long line of haters, trollers, and complainers talking about how modern AC doesn't need another EzJemVille, and that might just increase map prereq.
Thanks given by:
^ *Cue hater #1

Those maps were fun because of their extreme/unusual layouts and gameplay. By changing them to fit the map requisites you are taking away the reason why these maps were fun. Additionally, I loved longhorn. Don't mess up that map by turning into something it's not.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 06:34PM)Viper Wrote: ^ *Cue hater #1

Those maps were fun because of their extreme/unusual layouts and gameplay. By changing them to fit the map requisites you are taking away the reason why these maps were fun. Additionally, I loved longhorn. Don't mess up that map by turning into something it's not.

sorry man. just tryin to bring back some memories, thats all. i dont mean to offend im just trying to put them within the limits so perhaps we can play them again
Thanks given by:
Just wait till Bukz gets a load of this.
Thanks given by:
Bring back/recreate AC_Wasteland.
And Dust2. i never got the chance to play on that map
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 07:04PM)Hellspell Wrote: Just wait till Bukz gets a load of this.

And what is supposed to happen when I do? Feel free to not answer, if you're too scared of being direct on the internet. ;)
Thanks given by:
@MykeGregory: sorry never heard of AC_Wasteland but I will try to find a copy of dust2 and maybe see if I can fix it.

@ all: Ok so I'm nearly finished EzJemVille21. There are some really good things and some really not good things about it.

Lets start with the good things: 1) I was able to get it within regulations, 2) There are some secret passages/new sniping spots, 3) The map has more a closed design meaning that it will be impossible for campers to get a view of nearly the entire map as they did in the old version.

Bad things: 1) Needs some touch up (I am to lazy to make it look amazing and if everyone wants a perfect version it will take me longer to release it), 2) Flowtron is planning to split my stomach open and keep my intestines as a souvenir if I do release it (i.e. ban me from the master server which is not very kind considering it is only a game and other people can play too) but I am going to release it anyways for the good of bringing back the old assault cube. 3) I had to fill in a lot of the middle because of the max area rule. However I think that the way I did this was not wasteful and pointless. I set up some cool platforms and sniping spots.

I still have to delete some pickups because they are too close together and the map will not run. I you have a shit pc, like me, you will only be running at about 50-60 fps average. I am debating whether or not to be lazy or redo the roof but I think that I will go for the latter.

If anyone has any questions my name is {DIXT}$evenfold, not MerCyKiL anymore.

Many thanks.
Thanks given by:
Dust2 is already fixed
Thanks given by:
Yes, i just checked and should be perfectly fine.
Thanks given by:
Dust2 wasn't wrong, it just got overplayed (a lot like douze right now), that's the reason it got blacklisted, not because it was a bad map.
Thanks given by:
Actually, I haven't seen douze on a lot of servers recently. I think that craze kinda died down.
Thanks given by:
There's always a map fad. Whether it's dust2, headshot_city, Krizzly's funhouse, twintowers, douze, @camper etc. there will always be maps that the "noobs" like to play.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 07:02AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Flowtron, please refrain from shitting ur pants.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL funny stuff...

But resizing isn't the way to go (no pun intended). Keep them original...
Thanks given by:
(16 Jun 11, 02:30AM)Cemer Wrote:
(11 Jun 11, 07:02AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Flowtron, please refrain from shitting ur pants.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL funny stuff...

But resizing isn't the way to go (no pun intended). Keep them original...

Yea but dude thats the point...i cant keep em original cuz theyre illegal lol
@ all: ok so since noobs hav map fads, wut do anti-noobs (i.e. you) play?
Thanks given by:
Please don't say "@all". Map fads are not limited to "noobs", and i did not say that they were.
Thanks given by:
EzJemVille21: http://www.mediafire.com/?fyc8ubsuzu3mhnl

oldvillage: http://www.mediafire.com/?ba8gelmecrb9aq4

Osama_Deserted: http://www.mediafire.com/?p5ubdlriou4nvpv

Osama_Fantasy: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmpbpip6mir8ibo

Osama_Springs: http://www.mediafire.com/?zu38zvuexz4jdkd

Osama_Springs2: http://www.mediafire.com/?v9jaak9ek4lmh8d

Rabin's Oasis: http://www.mediafire.com/?lo2s37l4z38f02e

some of these maps are not what u wud call "finished product" but i dont give a shit. no screenshots. its 1 AM and im too lazy. the Osama maps and Rabin's Oasis I consider to be the best maps out of the bunch. complaints? go ahead. cry me a river.
Thanks given by:
If you can't take criticism go somewhere else, this is a public forum. On the other hand will test your maps
Thanks given by:

[Image: glenn-beck-sobbing.jpg]
[Image: LittleRiver.jpg]
NO SCREENSHOTS? HOW DARE YOU!
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 05:58AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: ...not what u wud call "finished product" but i dont give a shit.
Hmm. Words fail me.
Thanks given by:
Striving for the best. :P
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 05:58AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: some of these maps are not what u wud call "finished product" but i dont give a shit. no screenshots. its 1 AM and im too lazy. the Osama maps and Rabin's Oasis I consider to be the best maps out of the bunch. complaints? go ahead. cry me a river.
Chill mate, who pissed on your cornflakes this morning?

Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScZ42PPIyo (2:04)
I'll gladly take a sneek peek at your maps :P
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 12:38PM)titiPT Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScZ42PPIyo (2:04)
I'll gladly take a sneek peek at your maps :P

^ haha like**
(17 Jun 11, 09:30AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(17 Jun 11, 05:58AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: some of these maps are not what u wud call "finished product" but i dont give a shit. no screenshots. its 1 AM and im too lazy. the Osama maps and Rabin's Oasis I consider to be the best maps out of the bunch. complaints? go ahead. cry me a river.

haha wow dude i was pretty chill thats just the way i talk. haha i luv how i can hear an aussi accent by just readin ur words
(17 Jun 11, 06:02AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: If you can't take criticism go somewhere else, this is a public forum. On the other hand will test your maps

haha im fine. u can criticize me. i just wont listen :)
Thanks given by:
He isn't aussie. Mexico City?

Ah, I think we need to rename Osama_Deserted to Osama_Bath.House. The center textures dont work well :P
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 09:30AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:

Might've been MorganKell, or vern. I'm still deciding.
Thanks given by:
uh oh, I'm being lumped in with vern and MK? O.O That's more of a warning sign than any amount of warning points.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 03:52AM)Lantry Wrote: uh oh, I'm being lumped in with vern and MK? O.O That's more of a warning sign than any amount of warning points.

Who said that?

;D
Thanks given by: