Please Help, Bug in AC?
Hi everybody,
I am having a problem in AC 1.1.0.4
I am using ubuntu 10.10, when i click on 'set mode/map' then click on the type of match and then when a click on 'Show all maps' to show the custom maps, my client crashes. This is happening on all servers i play on
Please help immediately!
this what i get when i start AC in terminal
stacktrace:
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_ZN12signalbinder11stackdumperEi+0x26) [0x814c0d6]
[0x86c400]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_ZN5gmenu4initEv+0x462) [0x80c3bb2]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z7menusetPvb+0x96) [0x80c4566]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z9showmenu_PKc+0x7a) [0x80c4fca]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z10executeretPKc+0xd8f) [0x80a0e9f]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z7executePKc+0x19) [0x80a1409]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_ZN11mitemmanual6selectEv+0x4c) [0x80ca7bc]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z7menukeyibi6SDLMod+0x13f) [0x80c47ff]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z8keypressibi6SDLMod+0xb4) [0x80a5194]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(_Z10checkinputv+0x28d) [0x80bb37d]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client(main+0xd69) [0x80bf149]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe7) [0x4f6ce7]
/home/vibhav/Desktop/1.1.0.4/bin_unix/linux_client() [0x8074ca1]
AssaultCube error (11) (Couldn't open packages/maps/official/preview/maps/Brutus-Mini-gema-2..jpg)
AL lib: ALc.c:1879: exit(): closing 1 Device
AL lib: ALc.c:1808: alcCloseDevice(): destroying 1 Context(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1420: alcDestroyContext(): deleting 16 Source(s)
AL lib: ALc.c:1818: alcCloseDevice(): deleting 2 Buffer(s)
Thanks given by:
How many maps do you have? Try moving most of your maps somewhere else, temporarily, to see if it fixes it. I think this bug has been reported, but I could be mistaken.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 11, 01:45PM)jamz Wrote: How many maps do you have? Try moving most of your maps somewhere else, temporarily, to see if it fixes it. I think this bug has been reported, but I could be mistaken.

i have all the default maps but no extra map(s).
PS:- You are right the bug has been reported. According to the comment , update to 1.1.0.4 but i am already using it!
:(
i just downloaded a new copy and i get the same problem!!!!
Thanks given by:
Try deleting your saved.cfg, because it wants to load a map jpg.
YourPC Wrote:AssaultCube error (11) (Couldn't open packages/maps/official/preview/maps/Brutus-Mini-gema-2..jpg)
Thanks given by:
It's the super-secret hidden weapon against gemas :D
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 11, 07:37AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Try deleting your saved.cfg, because it wants to load a map jpg.
YourPC Wrote:AssaultCube error (11) (Couldn't open packages/maps/official/preview/maps/Brutus-Mini-gema-2..jpg)

sorry to ask , but where is the saved.cfg? remember i am using linux
Thanks given by:
home -> .assaultcube_v1.1 -> config
Remember that .assaultcube_v1.1 is a hidden folder. Press Ctrl + h to see them.
Thanks given by:
It's probably Tyd's fault again
Thanks given by:
sure thing, TyD WHY U DO IT :<
Thanks given by:
FFS TyD! :(
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 09:52AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: home -> .assaultcube_v1.1 -> config
Remember that .assaultcube_v1.1 is a hidden folder. Press Ctrl + h to see them.
thanks prob sloved

Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, that was a rather lame joke considering it didn't really contribute to an answer for you.
Thanks given by:
Hasn't anyone seen this line yet?
Quote:AssaultCube error (11) (Couldn't open packages/maps/official/preview/maps/Brutus-Mini-gema-2..jpg)
A very simple way of doing a "check it works w/ cleaned setup" on linux is to simply call it with a new, and to-be-deleted-instantly, game-home:
/path/to/assaultcube.sh --home=/tmp/chkAC
If that also crashes then something was changed on the system - driver most likely, gfx driver at that; but my guess is that brutus map is the knife that's killing caesar there.
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 11, 07:14PM)flowtron Wrote: Hasn't anyone seen this line yet?
Quote:AssaultCube error (11) (Couldn't open packages/maps/official/preview/maps/Brutus-Mini-gema-2..jpg)
A very simple way of doing a "check it works w/ cleaned setup" on linux is to simply call it with a new, and to-be-deleted-instantly, game-home:
/path/to/assaultcube.sh --home=/tmp/chkAC
If that also crashes then something was changed on the system - driver most likely, gfx driver at that; but my guess is that brutus map is the knife that's killing caesar there.
sorry everybody for the inconvenience, but I removed all the xtra maps in /home/vibhav/.assaultcubev1.1

Thanks given by:
Flowtron, I pointed out that line. No one seemed to care :(
Thanks given by:
I did, but all I had to contribute was a dumb remark, as usual.
Thanks given by:
Ronald_Reagan: oups, sorry, must've skipped that reply in the scroll-fest - no hard feelings I hope!!

LL|I_LOVE_LINUX: your last reply didn't really say, but is the problem fixed now?!
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 11, 11:24PM)flowtron Wrote: Ronald_Reagan: oups, sorry, must've skipped that reply in the scroll-fest - no hard feelings I hope!!

LL|I_LOVE_LINUX: your last reply didn't really say, but is the problem fixed now?!
Problem Fixed, Thanks!
PS :- Please close the thread

Thanks given by:
As requested by starter this is closed.
Thanks given by: