Screen is gray
Hey guys. I just downloaded assualt cube the other day, but when I tried to play it, the entire screen was gray. All the menus were fine, and the game was reporting around 50fps, but all of the in-game objects (guns, environment, enemies, etc.) were all the same gray color. However, the skybox appeared normal. I tried updating my graphics card driver (which was actually completely up to date) and messing with some of the game's settings but nothing fixed it.

My computer is an old IBM thinkpad laptop with a 1.4ghz processor and 1 gb of ram. Im not sure exactly what the graphics card is, but Im thinking that this problem is probably just that my graphics card on this computer is garbage.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? I tried searching the forums and google and I didnt find anything about this issue, so Im starting to worry that my laptop is too junky to play this.
edit: some grammar fixes
Thanks given by:
Can you make out shapes and things? Is the text blurry at all? Some or most of your textures may be missing, as the "notexture" texture is grey, so try reinstalling AC.

If you have such setting for your graphics card, turn "texture quality" to something other than performance or fast.
Thanks given by:
I could kind of make out some shapes, but everything was smooth and the same gray color.

It would make sense if Im missing textures I guess, so Im gonna reinstall it and see if it helps
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 11, 05:57PM)UsableClown Wrote: My computer is an old IBM thinkpad laptop

How old is "old"? Like, 10 years?
Thanks given by:
UsableClown: please check the output you'll find in "stdout.txt"; which will be either in your game-home (chosen upon install, or find it by searching for "saved.cfg" on your box) or your game-install. Look for the lines "Renderer:" and "Driver:" after "init: gl". Also look for any errors you may be getting there!
Thanks given by: