Thanks TyD.
Just wanted to thank TyD for mine and all of oNe/ legacy's IP bans for all active players(bar a few whom i'm assuming they don't have the ips of).

Nice work taking away some of the most active and skilled players in the game.
Thanks given by:
?
What happened?
Thanks given by:
lol so sarcastic. well i think TyD has something to do with this. but im out of this ;)
Thanks given by:
Well maybe you should not have avoided the tag bans.
Thanks given by:
27.32.252.171    // Legacy.Castiel, aka, Castiel, nub, lagger

Not sure, just saw the TyD server faded out when I logged on, and the above line added to the blacklist.

(08 Mar 11, 03:58AM)C4rma Wrote: Well maybe you should not have avoided the tag bans.

I did not, I played as a different user, which is not really avoiding a tag ban.
Thanks given by:
That's under the tag evasion ban section, right? (And I don't think he's calling you a nub or a lagger, maybe you just played with those nicks :P)
Thanks given by:
Gibstick: Yes it is under the tag evasion ban section.
Thanks given by:
Guilty by association 9_9 6_6 9_9 6_6?
Thanks given by:
But i'm not actually tag evading by changing my name to legacy|castiel etc, I am taking on a whole new alias. Therefore I am not representing legacy when I play with this new alias so should not be subject to the tag ban.
Thanks given by:
You are still a member of the clan legacy and therefore representing the clan, and when you change your nick to AVOID our ban, you break our rules.
Thanks given by:
Ok now that's just stupid when you use legacy| instead of legacy. We can read. If that isn't tag ban evasion, what is? l3g4cy||?
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:05AM)Gibstick Wrote: Ok now that's just stupid when you use legacy| instead of legacy. We can read.

No i'm saying I am not doing that, I play as "sunnyknight" or "rainbowhunter" and a range of other alias's I have.

(08 Mar 11, 04:05AM)C4rma Wrote: You are still a member of the clan legacy and therefore representing the clan, and when you change your nick to AVOID our ban, you break our rules.

lolk.

In this case I would have been IP blacklisted from the start, not tag-blocked. A tag block implies you simply do not want me playing with my clan tag on, i.e representing my clan. If you wanted me blocked simply for being in the clan I would have been IP banned from day one and the tag-block would not be needed.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:09AM)castiel Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 04:05AM)Gibstick Wrote: ...
No i'm saying I am not doing that, I play as "sunnyknight" or "rainbowhunter" and a range of other alias's I have.

Sorry, misunderstood.
Thanks given by:
We did not want members of your clan in our servers therefore we tag banned the clan. Since we see that you don't care about the ban, we have now decided to IP ban the users that evade our tag ban.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:10AM)Gibstick Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 04:09AM)castiel Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 04:05AM)Gibstick Wrote: ...

Sorry, misunderstood.

;)

(08 Mar 11, 04:11AM)C4rma Wrote: We did not want members of your clan in our servers therefore we tag banned the clan. Since we see that you don't care about the ban, we have now decided to IP ban the users that evade our tag ban.

Don't you see that is pointless? You might aswell just IP ban from the start if we cannot play there anyway.
Thanks given by:
The point is that you were banned from our servers. You were unwanted, and you avoided our ban. Therefore we IP banned you.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:15AM)C4rma Wrote: The point is that you were banned from our servers. You were unwanted, and you avoided our ban. Therefore we IP banned you.

I was not banned, I was required not to use a blocked name because of the views that specific tag represents. I did not realise that playing with another name still meant I represented those same views.
Thanks given by:
Of course TyD are free to ban who ever they want from their own servers although I can't see any reason for this especially now we have no players in our team that are blacklisted or thought to be cheaters.

The issue I have with this is that the TyD blacklist is used as a global blacklist by many server owners. It's been said that the TyD blacklist is essentially the global blacklist.

And even neglecting any position of trust TyD may have violated by blacklisting two legitimate teams, I'd also like to argue that this is not beneficial to the game in anyway! The game needs players (particularly good ones) and this will kill off competition that legacy and oNe bring to the game.

Finally, what reason is their for such a ban? In TyD's blacklist the players are listed under "[e]vading tag bans". However I myself have not evaded a tag ban to my knowledge -- proof is requested. To my knowledge I have only worn the lags lgcy., legacy. (both official legacy tags) and my plain name; I have not worn any modified tags to evade bans.

And of course, why we're blacklisted as a team to begin with begs to be answered. To my knowledge it is simply because Davitomon is building us our website. Davitomon was a member some time ago and he did play a few matches, however he is no-longer a member so there should be no standing issue (as I said at the start, we have no blacklisted players). The idea that such casual links should be blacklist-worthy is abhorrent.

So yes, I think TyD's high-and-mighty attitude, that frankly seems rather undeserved, is determinedly detrimental to the game!
(08 Mar 11, 04:18AM)castiel Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 04:15AM)C4rma Wrote: The point is that you were banned from our servers. You were unwanted, and you avoided our ban. Therefore we IP banned you.

I was not banned, I was required not to use a blocked name because of the views that specific tag represents. I did not realise that playing with another name still meant I represented those same views.

This is the first I have heard that we were unwelcome on TyD servers. My understanding before was that our team's tag was not welcome. Again, I just join random servers -- mostly ignorant of what server it is -- and sometimes I don't wear the legacy. or lgcy. tags.

My two issues as in my long post above are that:

1. TyD is essentially a global blacklist which is not suitable for such bans
2. there is no reason to blacklist us -- it's just detrimental to the game.
Thanks given by:
Well we got tired of playing this stupid game with your clan. "Another name" with one character changed isnt "another name". Its the same name with one character changed. You're were warned.

#1. Our servers
#2. They're OUR servers
#3. THEY'RE STILL OUR SERVERS
#4. Do you get the fact that they belong to pwnage and he can do whatever the hell he wants to, since its his dollar (or euro) that pays for it
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:40AM)MCS Wrote: Well we got tired of playing this stupid game with your clan. "Another name" with one character changed isnt "another name". Its the same name with one character changed. You're were warned.

So banning two clan tags is tiring for you? We have two official tags. Since legacy. is too long for all names we have lgcy. as well. These tags have not changed since the team's creation.

I myself was not warned I was unwelcome, so stating "[y]ou're were warned" [sic] is wrong. In my case, I reasonably assumed that only our tag was unwelcome.
Thanks given by:
Roflcopter: I guess a tag ban screams "please enter our servers" to you.
Thanks given by:
F1 for no tag evasion. You had suspicion that they hacked in 1.0 or 1.1? If it is 1.0 then wasn't 1.1 a new chance for everyone?
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:46AM)Roflcopter Wrote: In my case, I reasonably assumed that only our tag was unwelcome.

You're right, it wasn't welcome. We kept hoping you'd figure it out with the little clues along the way. Now we had to put up a blatant sign.

Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:47AM)C4rma Wrote: Roflcopter: I guess a tag ban screams "please enter our servers" to you.

I loled so hard on that...
Continue on non-warlike offensives.
Thanks given by:
Not for everyone at least not for frito and others with permanent BL
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:49AM)bballn45 Wrote: F1 for no tag evasion. You had suspicion that they hacked in 1.0 or 1.1? If it is 1.0 then wasn't 1.1 a new chance for everyone?
Obviously you have no idea about any of it, soooo.......
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:40AM)MCS Wrote: #1. Our servers
#2. They're OUR servers
#3. THEY'RE STILL OUR SERVERS
#4. Do you get the fact that they belong to pwnage and he can do whatever the hell he wants to, since its his dollar (or euro) that pays for it

Yes, they are your servers to do with as you like.

But your blacklist is provided for other server owners. There would be no issue if you didn't act like the police. Essentially people put trust in the TyD blacklist but we can see that this trust is misplaced. The blacklist is too overzealous to offered as a suitable blacklist for other server owners by default, yet it's provided as such.

Where's the TyD that helped the game grow and improve?
Thanks given by:
trolls made them quit. I guess they got too fed up with people who just can't listen without stating that everything that isnt their opinion is wrong
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:54AM)MCS Wrote: trolls made them quit.

Sounds like a downwards spiral/ justification for negativity based on prior negativity.

(08 Mar 11, 04:54AM)MCS Wrote: I guess they got too fed up with people who just can't listen without stating that everything that isnt their opinion is wrong

I've read everything you have written. I think you've missed my points in your replies though. Also, opinions aren't falsifiable.
Thanks given by:
I don't think taking yourself out of a bad conversation is a bad thing.
Thanks given by: