cant play
When I try connecting to the ms all I gets a message along the lines of 'masterserver not replying'.
Also, I have been able to ping the masterserver by going into the 'cmd thing'.

Weird innit?

Could anybody tell me how I can fix this?
Thanks given by:
Which version? Make sure to allow ac_client.exe from your firewall.
Thanks given by:
What operating system and version of Assault Cube are you using?

Ninja-ed
Thanks given by:
I had the latest version last I tried, I have windows xp and my firewall was set to notify me when it blocks something, which it didnt
Thanks given by:
Disable firewall altogether, make sure you're on 1.1.0.4 (type /version and it should give you 1104) the try again.
Thanks given by:
funny title to the thread if it's about "the latest version" (which would be 1.1.0.4).
I've checked your IP-address and it's not been seen by the MS, nor is it banned. Was that you in IRC yesterday we were trying to help - because the problem sounds identical. Please give us the appropriate system specs .. as one always should do when asking for help on the cross-platform interwebs ;-)
Thanks given by:
it's still not exactly new though
gosh it must be a year old by now
No I didn't use the IRC yesterday, maybe it is a more common problem then I guessed
I use a medion notebook with intel atom, 1.6 GHz and 0.99g of ram (bet you're jealous)
I should have said before but I forgot, ac 1.1 used to work on my computer and then one day the problem occured and I have it to this day
Also, I downloaded 1.1.0.4. onto another laptop once just to test and I had the same problem

Thanks given by:
1.1.0.4 was released Nov, 14th 2010 - that's 8113083 seconds ago, or 93 days - just over 3 months.
If the problem "started occuring all of a sudden" this is usually user-code for "I did something but won't tell you" - this has nothing to do with AC; the problem of the guy on IRC that day was also totally restricted to the local box. You still haven't given us the interesting stats of your system. I'm totally uninterested in the CPU-GHz or your RAM-amount - Windows version would be more interesting, it seems many people using Windows-7 are experiencing some form of problem - but so far it has been exposed as a problem with using the operating-system.
Thanks given by:
I just meant 1.1 but even then it probably wasn't quite a year
and it did happen all at once, at the time i thought i was bl'd or something
anyway, I reinstalled the latest version of 1.1 again and it worked :D
Although I haven't ruled out the possibility that it'll go back to not-normal some time soon.
The thing is though it said I was bl'd on about half the servers but that probably was down to me lol
Either that or because i'm the range of some guy called as0m, I used to get that a lot from people
Thanks given by:
Hellspell: glad to hear you've got it running; see - the problem was just a local one.
Thanks given by: