Poll: Is it okay to Mod default maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
5.56%
1 5.56%
No
83.33%
15 83.33%
I Don't know
11.11%
2 11.11%
None of the above
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mod Default AC maps?
I have heared conflicting stories, and and find much info about it here. Are people (like me) allowed to Mod Default AC maps (like ac_Shine, ac_Desert, Douze, etc) or not?
Thanks given by:
No, I'm not sure if it even works. I don't think u can save the file.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 10:00PM)SiL3nT Wrote: No, I'm not sure if it even works. I don't think u can save the file.

Yes, it works, I have done it.
Thanks given by:
I would probably ask the person who originally made the map, and remember to credit them first, especially if you don't change much.
Thanks given by:
No.
Short answer.
I think you need to ask them first, generally they will say no.
Thanks given by:
And generally, if you run modded maps on your server, your server gets taken off the masterserver list.
Thanks given by:
yes, definitely best to assume no, unless they specifically say yes.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 11, 10:45PM)Lantry Wrote: yes, definitely best to assume no, unless they specifically say yes.

Ok, well, thank you everyone.
Thanks given by:
What's the point of the poll?

You can mod any map as much as you want, no one can stop you. Only ever play them with friends in private on a LAN or by yourself. If you upload them to public servers you will get into trouble though.

In the worst case scenario you'll get banned from the masterserver, which means that you wont be able to download a new serverlist.

Since this issue has been covered before multiple times, this should be closed.
Thanks given by:
Well if someone were to mod douze, I don't think there would be too many problems. Only requirement would be that it gets turned into a real map. Other than that, bring back dust2, make riverside official, and that's about it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Feb 11, 01:14AM)MorganKell Wrote: Well if someone were to mod douze, I don't think there would be too many problems. Only requirement would be that it gets turned into a real map.

some people have no taste :P
Thanks given by:
im pretty sure that the default maps are protected server side and the server wont let you upload them to overwrite them and if you try to join with a modified map it will require you to have the servers version of the map to play, but if you were to modify ac_douze and name it ac_douze_REALMAP or ac_douze_10000ft_drop_with_hidden_passages_and_grenades_super_gema_weed_camper_in_OSOK_mode!!!!!!!1!!!!111!!!eleven i dont think there would be any problems as long as it follows the map quality rules
Thanks given by:
Make your own maps, no need to edit the default ones.
Thanks given by: