Poll: Web Browser?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mozilla Firefox
43.40%
46 43.40%
Google Chrome/Chromium based
28.30%
30 28.30%
Opera
9.43%
10 9.43%
Safari
8.49%
9 8.49%
Konqueror
0%
0 0%
Maxthon
0%
0 0%
Flock
0%
0 0%
Internet Explorer
4.72%
5 4.72%
Other
5.66%
6 5.66%
Total 106 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What web browser do you use?
OTHER

Emacs/W3
Thanks given by:
REVIVE
I vhant to know how much of AC community is tethered to Microsoft (not many I hope). Who is this Sarath who has voted for IE?
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 11, 11:06PM)Gibstick Wrote: Who is this Sarath who has voted for IE?

I wish to smack him.
Thanks given by:
I voted IE too. Mainly because i have been using it since..ever.

I'm so lazy that i only downloaded firefox like..last week.
Thanks given by:
It depends on my mood. I've been using Firefox a lot over the past couple of years because it's so ubiquitous but quite honestly I've never rated it's speed. I'm ready for the haters but IE still has a faster rendering engine. *shrugs*

I do quite like Chrome (or better SWare Iron; removes dubious privacy issues). Chrome beats the pants off of Firefox and IE for JavaScript based stuff like games.

I'm currently experimenting with TheWorld, which is an IE based browser and I quite like it. Fast, responsive and gets the job done, plus I don't have time to go make a cup of tea while it loads (unlike Firefox).

On the Mac I use Camino, it's like a bloat-free version of Firefox. I've never liked Safari, it's almost as poor of an implementation of a browser as IE is.

I'm waiting for a Windows version of Dillo, then I'll be all set. :)
Thanks given by:
As if Firefox wasn't ubiquitous enough already, try Ubiquity.
Thanks given by:
When my browsers get used:

Internet Explorer: Downloads
Mozilla Firefox: By my Dad ;)
Google Chrome: Youtube
Safari: Everything else
Thanks given by:
I was boycotting IE, using only Firefox, until recently -- my college uses web pages that are only compatible with the latest version of IE. WTF?
Thanks given by:
Chrome FTW!!!

Running it on win7 w/ adblock, WOT, drag2up, hoverzoom, one number, pastebin.com, McAfee SiteAdvisor, and tineye.

I love that this browser is so simple and fast out of the box, and yet you can customize anyway you want using any of the 10,000 of the available extensions.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 11, 08:11AM)roma Wrote: Chrome FTW!!!

Running it on win7 w/ adblock, WOT, drag2up, hoverzoom, one number, pastebin.com, McAfee SiteAdvisor, and tineye.

I love that this browser is so simple and fast out of the box, and yet you can customize anyway you want using any of the 10,000 of the available extensions.

Are you an ad-bot? :P
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 11, 07:04AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I was boycotting IE, using only Firefox, until recently -- my college uses web pages that are only compatible with the latest version of IE. WTF?

I call those people Web Develupers.
Thanks given by:
RockMelt FTW !
Thanks given by:
It's just Chromium with a few Facebook/Twitter widgets. :P

and it's not even publicly released yet. double :P
Thanks given by:
Google Chrome scans where you browse, to give you better adds to make more money. I don't like Google knowing everything about me, so I use Firefox.
Thanks given by:
For "better ads", google in general does that, don't they? At the bottom of this page,
Quote: *
Ottawa Coupons 1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Like doing Ottawa at 90% off!
1U Supermicro *special* i7-930 / 12gb ram / $994 Fast ship anywhere in the world
50% Off Ottawa Retail Amazing Daily Deals, Get 50-90% Off Favorite Ottawa Shopping Spots!
the second one is for servers and the rest are for shopping.

And I have nothing private that I can't disclose, not yet at least.
Thanks given by:
That's why I use an Ad-Blocker - not because I find the ads annoying or because I'd ignore them anyway, but because I don't want Google and friends to watch every online step I make.

(02 Jan 11, 10:02PM)Gibstick Wrote: And I have nothing private that I can't disclose, not yet at least.
And should you once have, it'll be too late.
Thanks given by:
I turn off adblock for cubers.net. <3
Thanks given by:
Opera is my favorite :) Many of the features that browsers have nowadays like multiple windows and stuff started with Opera. Also has an integrated IRC client, simple but it's enough to chat and many others stuff!
Thanks given by:
Opera is great. I use Turbo mode when my wifi craps out, and I hear Bukz loves it.
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(web_browser)
Thanks given by:
Firefox. I know it's not the safest or the fastest, but I have used to it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 11, 11:06PM)Gibstick Wrote: Who is this Sarath who has voted for IE?
Me?Well, i am your worst nightmare
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 11:53AM)Syntax Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(web_browser)

The real pros use telnet, noob :D
Thanks given by:
Oh God, someone actually uses Lynx? Haha. I'm with Chrome atm
Thanks given by:
I have a HTML 3 book. It often uses Lynx as an example - "ALWAYS PUT ALT TEXT FOR THE TEXT-ONLY BROWSERS".
Thanks given by:
Used to be firefox, but chrome is everything i liked about firefox and nothing i don't. all the add-ons (adblock, chromey calc, hoverzoom, beautify facebook) are still there, but chrome offers more screen space. firefox is still my second favorite though, whenever i can't use chrome (macs at school hatin' on my mobile chrome)
And as for the people whining about google tracking you through chrome: when google takes over the world, you will be eliminated because you are a potential threat. so HA!
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 11, 03:24PM)Gibstick Wrote:
(02 Jan 11, 07:04AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I was boycotting IE, using only Firefox, until recently -- my college uses web pages that are only compatible with the latest version of IE. WTF?

I call those people Web Develupers.

These Web Develupers propably used Silvercrap technology so it works only on Winda and ie.

I am using Opera for php experiments, ie for downloads, firefox for anything else.
Thanks given by:
In Soviet Russia Internet explores YOU!
Thanks given by:
^^^lol...So true, so true
Thanks given by:
Google Chrome FTW !
Thanks given by: