Poll: Web Browser?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mozilla Firefox
43.40%
46 43.40%
Google Chrome/Chromium based
28.30%
30 28.30%
Opera
9.43%
10 9.43%
Safari
8.49%
9 8.49%
Konqueror
0%
0 0%
Maxthon
0%
0 0%
Flock
0%
0 0%
Internet Explorer
4.72%
5 4.72%
Other
5.66%
6 5.66%
Total 106 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What web browser do you use?
SRWare Iron is better :P
Thanks given by:
IE fail :(
Thanks given by:
I use Chromium because it's "Chrome minus the botnet" (not really a botnet, it just sends your information to Google that you put in the address bar)
Thanks given by:
Are there regular builds of Chromium? If so, where do you get them from?
Thanks given by:
Reborn: And a bunch of other stuff but I specifically remember opting out of that.
Darkbee: SRWare Iron is one remix, I don't think they offer builds of "pure" chromium
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick: That was my understanding, which is why I'm confused when people say they use "Chromium". AFAIK, atlhough Chromium exists in its own right, it's primary purpose is to serve as a base for GoogleChrome, not to be a stand-alone browser. I believe they do release builds periodically, but nowhere as often as the code base changes significantly, and certainly not as often as GoogleChrome.
P.S. If you look at the top of the page, you'll see I already recommended Iron ;)
Thanks given by:
I use Firefox, Safari and google Chrome
Thanks given by:
Google Chrome is awesome
Thanks given by:
Firefox Beta/Minefield and Chromium. I don't use chrome because Chrome sends everything I type into the url bar to Google.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Gibstick :S
Ok then, Opera for me. I like the speed dial+mouse gestures+nice speed+tab stacking
Thanks given by:
I used to use Internet explorer but then i got irritated when it always bugged down causing my searches to get reset all over and it sucks especially when I'm searching important info that i just happen to get through browsing. Also, i find internet explorer getting slower and slower that is why I switched to Google chrome, I find the browser more user-friendly and faster as well.
Thanks given by:
In IE's defense, Microsoft only recognized competition and have started trying with IE8+
and they are claiming the upcoming IE9 to be the fastest browser :)
(though a few claim to be fastest so oh well)
Thanks given by:
IMHO, no matter how fast a browser is, it's not an option if it
  • doesn't make believable attempts to support standards (or introduces new, non-standards-compliant methods)
  • doesn't have lots and lots of useful add-ons available
  • doesn't run on Linux (IE... :P)

And about that speed thingy, really... if your round-trip time to the webserver is 500ms, then 2ms difference in page rendering time won't really matter.
Thanks given by:
http://acid3.acidtests.org/
Thanks given by:
^opera got a 100/100 for me. <3 Opera.

But I really don't like the acid/html5 tests. Internet Explorer 7/8 get like...a 12(tried it last year)..on the acid test and a 9 on the html, and for normal browsing its really not as bad as it gets made out to be. That said, Microsoft really needs to start putting more work into their browser. 8, and the upcoming IE9 is a start, but it needs much more.
Thanks given by:
Another one to test hardware acceleration:
http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/
I used to use firefox, but the hardware acceleration is causing some choppy scrolling on my system. I could just turn it off, but Chrome has hardware acceleration that doesn't make my scrolling choppy :DD

55fps
Thanks given by:
Gave me a seizure. (13 fps on opera)

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/reviews...viewed.ars
Thanks given by:
I must admit, I really like the interface. Wait for all the IE clone themes for Firefox to come out x)
Bullpup, Darkbee, kaz, Syntax, Undead, Zomg!, what do you use then?
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 11, 03:09AM)Nightmare Wrote: http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/reviews...viewed.ars

I love how that is a mircosoft browser and it view a page about apple products xD
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 10, 08:22PM)Bullpup Wrote: Emacs/W3
You don't believe the Puppy?
Thanks given by:
Seriously, Chrome is faster then Firefox. lol.
Thanks given by:
Chrome, mostly because I didn't want IE but Firefox doesn't work with the proxy at my school :(
Although I didn't know about the sending URL bar stuff...
:|

Tried Lynx once...I lol'd.
Thanks given by:
FIREFOX.

Though I'm DLing RockMelt to try it out.
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 11, 01:38AM)Nightmare Wrote: But I really don't like the acid/html5 tests. Internet Explorer 7/8 get like...a 12(tried it last year)..on the acid test and a 9 on the html, and for normal browsing its really not as bad as it gets made out to be

Yeah, but to a good degree that's because (most, not all) web designers work their ass off to comply with IE's likings.
Thanks given by:
I really like Opera. Find it the fastest browser, tbh, and I love the new tab stacking and stuff. I'd say that it's like this: Firefox=Opera>Chrome/Chromium>Safari>IE7+>IE6. The version of Safari on iOS is probably the best mobile web browser though. I have Opera Mobile and Mini, but they're both pretty crap compared to the desktop version. The only reason I don't use Firefox is because I find the interface a bit clunky and thick, but that's just preference.

Btw TSOR, if you ever read this, reading your posts made me nauseous
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 11, 12:25AM)StRaTo Wrote: I really like Opera. Find it the fastest browser, tbh, and I love the new tab stacking and stuff. I'd say that it's like this: Firefox=Opera>Chrome/Chromium>Safari>IE7+>IE6. The version of Safari on iOS is probably the best mobile web browser though. I have Opera Mobile and Mini, but they're both pretty crap compared to the desktop version. The only reason I don't use Firefox is because I find the interface a bit clunky and thick, but that's just preference.

Btw TSOR, if you ever read this, reading your posts made me nauseous

yay opera :) Welcome to the family <3
Thanks given by: