Remove acka servers
Ok so there's quite a buzz about this right now. So here it is, I'm creating a poll. If 75% of the votes are F1, I will remove the acka servers from the ms. Fair?
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 03:21AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Fair?

Incredibly fair, and fantastic to see something like this happening as a result of the outcry of community members. My sincerest thanks.

EDIT: May I ask what the duration of the poll will be?
Thanks given by:
Democracy = quantity against quality.
This small community does not represent all players.
For these reasons we have created rules.

well, im not sure if it is good...
Thanks given by:
Quote:the Unexpected is happening
Thanks given by:
Would someone risk suspension? Is fiction involved?... oh so many doubts... but f1.
Another solution would be asking them to remove all the ban and use only the general blacklist.
Thanks given by:
mob rule never works, just discuss reasons for and against and make a qualitative decision
Thanks given by:
Well, at least something is happening.

So far it seems most people want it removed, and also

vanquish Wrote:May I ask what the duration of the poll will be?
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 11:34AM)Undead Wrote: mob rule never works, just discuss reasons for and against and make a qualitative decision

we tried
Thanks given by:
its not a public poll, so i dont have any reason to vote nor validate.
Thanks given by:
It's not a public poll so people don't get attacked for their opinions, 1cap
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 06:26PM)Mousikos Wrote: It's not a public poll so people don't get attacked for their opinions, 1cap

I think it should definitely be a public poll, so we can see how many people voted f2 simply because they have admin passes there. If nothing else, publicise who voted what when the poll expires.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 06:41PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(07 May 15, 06:26PM)Mousikos Wrote: It's not a public poll so people don't get attacked for their opinions, 1cap

I think it should definitely be a public poll, so we can see how many people voted f2 simply because they have admin passes there.
That feels like witch hunting or whatever it's called, still.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 06:44PM)Mousikos Wrote: That feels like witch hunting or whatever it's called, still.

My thoughts were more in line with being able to see if someone's voting f2 just because they have an admin password on those servers or are an aCKa member or something that would add bias (and thus remove merit) to their opinions.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 06:44PM)Mousikos Wrote: That feels like witch hunting or whatever it's called, still.

well, well, someone voted f2 innit?
Thanks given by:
I haven't voted yet. When I had my own server, I blacklisted/kicked/banned swathes of people. Bad language? Kick. Come back to complain? Ban. Talking shit? Ban. Being a dickhead over a period of time? Blacklist. Is your clan causing trouble? Clan tag blacklist.

I've also been blacklisted twice. Once by dietrich because my IP at the time was in a range used by PreSSion to cause trouble. The second time, by Perros because I blacklisted Perros for blacklisted mykeg for what seemed like no apparent reason at the time. I got out of the range ban by moving out of that country and I got unblacklisted by perros after having a dialogue with him through someone else. I, of course, unblacklisted him too.

I also see the harm in blacklisting what seems like a good portion of the community. The other thing is though, I like his servers. I don't want to play on a server where some random person comes in, votes camper and then I no longer want to play on that server despite that being one of the only servers playing official maps.

* Mousikos shrugs. I'm undecided.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 07:45PM)Mousikos Wrote: I also see the harm in blacklisting what seems like a good portion of the community.

The question is, if that is actually true.

According to perros, ketar never contacted him about a deban pass. Instead he just went to the forum to complain.

So, let's try another poll:

Who here is banned on aCKa servers, did contact perros and then did not get a deban pass?
(one from the F1-list maybe?)
Thanks given by:
Why would ketar (or any of us) contact perros about a deban pass when:

a) we're the intended targets of his blacklists (for totally random reasons we aren't made aware of, for instance i have NEVER even played on the acka servers).
b) he only speaks spanish and thus cannot communicate with anyone.
c) he wouldn't do anything even if he could.

He's literally just nitpicking to try and invalidate people's claims that he's a bad admin.
If you check aCKa's website shoutbox section, you will see that MykeGregory, Ced[Hunt] and Bugboy have asked why they're blacklisted and have seemingly got no response from him, with MG's latest shoutbox entry indicating that attempting to contact Perros is useless.

I don't even see how people can defend what Perros is doing, my only conclusion is that they just don't understand the situation.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:37PM)Vanquish Wrote: b) he only speaks spanish and thus cannot communicate with anyone.
apréndelo, che.

(07 May 15, 08:37PM)Vanquish Wrote: MG's latest shoutbox entry indicating that attempting to contact Perros is useless.
To be fair, shoutbox is pretty bad way to communicate with someone. Maybe email or PM would be better.

(07 May 15, 08:37PM)Vanquish Wrote: I don't even see how people can defend what Perros is doing, my only conclusion is that they just don't understand the situation.
His defense is simple: His servers, his rules. You're not obligated to play on his servers.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:37PM)Vanquish Wrote: we're the intended targets of his blacklists
How would you know?

I did talk to him. If you are blacklisted there and would like to get a deban pass, please contact him via forum email.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:51PM)Mousikos Wrote: apréndelo, che. 

google translate is telling me that means "learn it, che".
I have no problem with learning other languages but I hope you'll understand if I decide that it's not worth my time to learn an entire language simply so I could act upon the 1% possibility that he may have a reasonable conversation with me about a ban I have in an online game. Unless you were trolling, which is disappointing considering most other people are taking this thread seriously.

(07 May 15, 08:53PM)stef Wrote: How would you know? I did talk to him. If you are blacklisted there and would like to get a deban pass, please contact him via forum email.

I can only tell you about my own case, where Perros blacklisted me from the BoB ladder servers in 2012 2011 because I went there to ask people for inters, after about 2 or 3 months of even discovering what AC was. I didn't even know what an IP address was at the time, but mine was dynamic (changing every day pretty much) so I was always able to bypass pretty much every ban he put in place, although it wasn't a conscious effort on my part to do so. Whenever I would connect, he'd somehow know it was me, and start insulting me in the chat (literally every time) before adminbanning me if I killed him ingame.

I remember he then banned a whole bunch of my IP ranges, and I was unable to connect anymore. I tried to discuss it with him, but he said words to the effect of "noob, you are stay ban!" and that was the last I heard from him. So I went to BoB, who actually run and pay for the servers Perros had banned me from. gRamps said that my blacklist noted I had "bad behaviour", which is something I can never recall exhibiting publicly, especially in my earliest days of playing the game. There was also a mark by it telling the admins from B} and BoB not to remove my entry. gRamps said he would, and made me promise that I would behave better (???) on public servers, and Waffles said he'd have a talk with the "BoB Elders" about removing Perros' admin privileges. I don't know what actually came of that talk (if it even happened), but even though I was unblacklisted, Perros would still admin ban me on sight sometimes, and he would still always insult me in the chat.

Then he had his mental breakdown where he left a bunch of clans multiple times, insulted BoB calling them "thieves", and I didn't hear from him again.

Fast forward to mid 2014, I'm restarting playing AC after a 6-7-8 month break or something. I notice some new aCKa servers in the serverlist, and I'm banned from them. I didn't think much of it at the time, but as soon as I found out Perros was running them I knew he still held a grudge.

Yes I hate Perros, but everything I've said above actually happened and is the truth. Blame my eidetic memory. :P
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:54PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(07 May 15, 08:51PM)Mousikos Wrote: apréndelo, che. 
google translate is telling me that means "learn it, che".
I have no problem with learning other languages but I hope you'll understand if I decide that it's not worth my time to learn an entire language simply so I could act upon the 1% possibility that he may have a reasonable conversation with me about a ban I have in an online game. Unless you were trolling, which is disappointing considering most other people are taking this thread seriously.
Sorry for the mass post editing. That was albeit a poor choice of a joke. That being said, I wasn't exactly trolling. It's not a bad idea to learn another language. And it doesn't have to be soley to have a conversation with perros. Learning a new language is always helpful.
Thanks given by:
I've PMed him before about mysterious nickname bans and never got a reply. I even started by not insulting him or acting like a dick at all. Maybe that's what I missed?
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:55PM)Mousikos Wrote: Sorry for the mass post editing. That was albeit a poor choice of a joke. That being said, I wasn't exactly trolling. It's not a bad idea to learn another language. And it doesn't have to be soley to have a conversation with perros. Learning a new language is always helpful.

Yes, but we can take from the context of your quote that you wanted me to learn the language to communicate with Perros, which is incidentally what the thread is about. If you want to start a new thread about languages I would happily participate in it. We brits are notoriously unilingual, however I can speak a bit of german and my finnish isn't bad. I have no desire to learn spanish, and that's completely unrelated to any experiences I've had with Perros.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 08:23PM)stef Wrote: According to perros, ketar never contacted him about a deban pass. Instead he just went to the forum to complain.
So, let's try another poll:
Who here is banned on aCKa servers, did contact perros and then did not get a deban pass?
(one from the F1-list maybe?)
this is a solid proof that you do not read posts and you just go your way.
It is nauseating repeating things. I did not make a fuss for personal reasons. I kept on meeting people that was telling me that was banned there for no reasons.
I thought this was *passable* until it was not harming the whole community, for reasons I tried to explain that i will not repeat here.
Btw, did you stef tried to make a reasoning with that guy? Have you been insulted badly every time you tried to just say hi? You really have no idea.
EDIT: and yes I speak some Spanish. And I can recognize and understand insults in that language.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 15, 06:41PM)Vanquish Wrote:

I think it should definitely be a public poll, so we can see how many people voted f2 simply because they have admin passes there. If nothing else, publicise who voted what when the poll expires.

I voted F2 and yes i do have admin there but that's not the reason i F2'd it, i'd F2 every server that pops up in a poll like this because if you start this then who's next and where do you draw the line.
If i'd would ban all the servers i didn't like there wouldn't be many servers left to play on.
Thanks given by:
On why this should even be an issue :

I agree that the server is the owner's and they can do as they like with it. Within the rules. And when it's very clear-cut and concrete, like having a one-map rotation, or gameplay affecting modifications, that's easy to act upon. But this problem is more vague.

The problem as I see it is that AC is rather skinny these days, at least when I get on there are only a few games, and one or maybe two are on a non-crap-map. And it really chaps my ass when the only good CTF is being played on a Perros server where:

- I will have to try a couple of times to figure out which one of my names isn't banned this time for no apparent reason
- It will be hard to communicate with my team because all sorts of completely innocent words are banned and by the time I rewrite it sufficiently, the flood control has kicked in
- There are lag spikes and the server is generally unremarkable and I have no idea why it keeps filling up

And I guess even these aren't huge issues, it's just that I don't know the magic procedure to contact Perros and so I and many others can't do anything to get these things fixed, so now we have a server(s) that often is hosting the only good game at any one moment, that is anywhere between annoying and impossible to use.
Thanks given by:
vonunov: not PM - use forum email
Thanks given by:
In contrast to the experience of many people here, I can say this:

All of AoX was banned on acka at one point, and many of us were calling for some serious flames.
I made an appeal to him in PM that I put forth in both English and Spanish.
I apologized for any possible offenses (wasn't sure why ban us all at that time) and I wrote with reason and courtesy to ask that he rescind the relevant entries.
He responded within a day and had lifted all of the bans he put in place on us.
Maybe this is the rare experience, as I too have many friends that would love to see those servers gutted out of the MS.
But, for all people have spoke to me of him, he has always responded reasonably to me when I have engaged him.
Thanks given by:
We have 75%! Let's do this thing!
Thanks given by:
I don't really care for perros servers myself but i understand the frustration that some people may have not being able to get in a server they want to play in. Plus banning people from a server for no apparent reason does not seem fair, and it is not something anyone wants to see in our community. Sure its his servers he can do what he wants, but its the PEOPLES community, and if we don't want his servers then they should go.
At least that's my point of view.
Thanks given by: