Maps You've always wanted to see be made official
Simply what's in the title. Give the map name, author, and reason why you would like to see it official. Screenshots optional.

My personal chioces (in no particular order):
ac_pompeii by Z3R0 - original idea with nice map models
ac_frontline by Stupp - detailed yet open and has an interesting layout; another original idea
ac_trainyard by SrPER$IAN - impeccably constructed; another original concept; would make great 1v1 map

Give me yours :D
Thanks given by:
ac_tripoli by shad-99 - Imho, it has a fun layout and lush use of textures and mapmodels.
Thanks given by:
ac_brick by Alien - I've always found it fun to play
ac_inca trilogy by Boeufmironton - Really detailed, shit-ton of custom content though. And the third one has way too many trees. And they aren't the best to play on. But damn they are pretty.
Apollo, Stupp and shad-99 also have a few good maps.
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 15, 08:38PM)+f0r3v3r+ Wrote: ac_tripoli by shad-99
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 15, 09:18PM)TheNihilanth Wrote:
Thanks given by:
ac_OldeVillage - sick map for (T)OSOK
Ezjemville - loved since birth
ac_rabins_oasis (or rabins-oasis cant remember, you get what i mean) - sick map for TSURV and TOSOK
(ac_)ApolloAbbey iiirc - just a lovely map with lovely plays
Thanks given by:
ac_souk <-- ( though it's ac_shine :/ )
ac_empyreal <-- MUST be official!
ac_sub7
knox
warehouse

and tripoli
Thanks given by:
As much I hate to say it, I'd probably want ac_tripoli to be reworked a bit before it's ever considered for official status. I feel like all of shad-99's have this odd/uncanny aesthetic to them, and unfortunately ac_tripoli is no exception. It's really hard to explain, but something always feels "off" and it's what makes me able to consistently tell when a map has been created by him before I even look at the credits.
Thanks given by:
He has benn stuck with this same theme way too much.
Thanks given by:
ac_discovery. It could be official really easily if I received criticism on it. Instead, I got nothing, and it's a map that no one looks at now. A lot more maps could be official if they had people telling them what's wrong with it, and the advice is heeded.
Thanks given by:
Gonna get some h8 for this, but I wouldn't mind a variation of the SWAT silent day map...
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 15, 10:46AM)Lightning Wrote: Gonna get some h8 for this, but I wouldn't mind a variation of the SWAT silent day map...

A non-laggy version? :p
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 15, 10:46AM)Lightning Wrote: Gonna get some h8 for this, but I wouldn't mind a variation of the SWAT silent day map...

Lihgnting, is that you? <3
Thanks given by:
(12 Apr 15, 07:37AM)Mousikos Wrote:
(11 Apr 15, 09:18PM)TheNihilanth Wrote:
awwwww thanks +f0r3v3r+ .. but my maps are not gonna be official.. i don't build maps for that?.. i build just for fun and have no intension to make them official what so ever.

-Tanks +f0r3v3r+ anyway :D
Thanks given by:
There are a few really nice custom maps around that really would benefit AC's official package if they were added. Equally well, there's a few turds floating around the proverbial toilet bowl that is the aforementioned official package, and since I recall someone somewhere (maybe RK on the PG?) saying that no official map that's currently in the package will ever be removed from it, I'll just post suggestions for maps I think could work under official status, listed alphabetically.

ac_abyss
ac_excavation
ac_iceroad1.1 (as a replacement/update of the current iceroad, obviously)
ac_oasis
ac_palenque
ac_polar
ac_silence (for pubs only tho)
ac_tanglewood
ac_venganza

Maybe I've overlooked some cool maps, but those are ones I remember in the 3.5 years I've been in AC that were good enough to stick around in my head. I recall one of apollo's maps being pretty good too, but I don't remember which one.

I'd also like to see a few dedicated duel maps, but maybe that's just me being picky. :s
Thanks given by:
Pretty much all of Apollo's maps.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 15, 12:33AM)Vanquish Wrote: ac_polar
getmap never seems to be able to find the textures
Thanks given by:
quote='InitialSAW' pid='162902' dateline='1428883340']

on the contrary,Shad too carefully making maps,first versions of some of them,at least for me,I like more following, but this is my subjective opinion
ac_tripoli nice map,and the presence many people proof to it
p.s also very a decent maps ac_Beverly-Hills and ac_granulage
[hr
Thanks given by:
ac_greenpeace
great ctf map
http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=252
ac_metl2
imported from cube. good FFA map
http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=922
might include metl3 as well (good FFA map too)

i hate tripoli (chaotic gameplay)
Thanks given by:
Agreed with melt2 like playing that.
Also I like ac_crane(no ctf though)

I'd like to see more good smallish ffa maps.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 15, 07:21PM)Luc@s Wrote: ac_greenpeace

Can't you just add it since you're a dev? :p
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 15, 10:47AM)Nightmare Wrote: Can't you just add it since you're a dev? :p

It needs proper testing, but it could be a great competitive map.
EDIT: fail quote
Thanks given by:
If I recall correctly, ac_greenpeach was talked about for awhile in the proving ground section of the forums and was told to have a weird fps drop, even without any ents. Thus wasn't able to be added until it was fixed and/or reworked to not have happened.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 15, 12:58PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: If I recall correctly, ac_greenpeach was talked about for awhile in the proving ground section of the forums and was told to have a weird fps drop, even without any ents. Thus wasn't able to be added until it was fixed and/or reworked to not have happened.

That was probably because of the water
Thanks given by:
My guess was on the water and the heightfields. Though its only a guess. There was loads of talk about it though at one point.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 15, 02:30PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: My guess was on the water and the heightfields. Though its only a guess. There was loads of talk about it though at one point.
I am pretty sure Daylixx would be willing to fix it or let an experienced mapper do it if necessary. I mean if the drops occur only for people with terrible hardware, does it really matter ? 
The CLA base indeed is the worst video lag case scenario :
 - water
 - heightfields and lots of different textures next to each other
 - "high" vert count models
 - doors towards open rooms
This can be fixed easily : maybe the tree can be removed, also some heightfields could be replaced with regular walls on the border. And maybe the water should be completely removed from the base...
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 15, 03:27PM)Luc@s Wrote: I mean if the drops occur only for people with terrible hardware, does it really matter ? 

I'd say no (even though AC is marketed as a game able to run on toasters, realistically nobody is using a PC from 1998 anymore). However I get drops on my 4.5 ghz i5 + 7970. Still playable for sure, but I have around 500 on ultra settings in some areas on that map, which is way lower than I'd get on any official map (except venison). It is actually a nice map, so it would be cool if the lag problems could be fixed.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 15, 02:30PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: My guess was on the water and the heightfields. Though its only a guess. There was loads of talk about it though at one point.

The heighfields are copy-pasted from ac_warfare, and there are no reported issues from ac_warfare even if I abused it even more so I guess this is not the problem. Plus even if it was heighfields + water, ac_aqueous would have the same issue as well.

The real problem is this:
All the links between each rooms are lined up because there are no solid walls between them, all doors are forming perfect lines, there are sewers and windows that link each rooms, the engine has to load almost the whole map if we are in the CLA base.

EDIT: 280 fps for the GTX970 is 4 times lower than usual.
Thanks given by:
i enclosed the base with solid walls and it barely improved my fps (tested on a shitty laptop where i only get ~60 fps ontop of the corner behind the tree aiming at the door in the opposite corner.
removing water makes me get 10 more fps
Thanks given by:
ac_archives
Thanks given by: