South American Hosts
Does anyone have any recommendations for a South American host?
Thanks given by:
Yes, don't (assuming by South America, you're meaning anything south of USA), considering that internet infrastructure south of USA seems to act like it's 3rd world.

You're better off to figure out which area of USA gives you the most reliable ping+PJ, then host there accordingly.

Example: Best pings to New Zealand/Australia, are from Fremont, California (LA). Funny enough, the pings (etc), are slightly better than San Fran/Jose, etc.
Thanks given by:
I believe Amazon AWS has a datacenter in Brazil. You could try getting an Amazon AWS server.
Thanks given by:
Do not come bring your xenophobic servers to Brazil.
We have servers here that were created by true friends.
Get out xeno servers.

*its not only 4 Aryas man... its for all - dont come to make this type of servers here in  brasil.
Thanks given by:
Ok, 1Cap, enough.

Mouskios was looking for servers so he can provide the servers which have better pings
Thanks given by:
Why is 1Cap allowed to post and theGunBarrel isnt?
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 14, 11:27PM)Marti Wrote: Why is 1Cap allowed to post and theGunBarrel isnt?

Because theGunBarrel doesn't make sense 50% of time

And 1Cap make sense 50% of time
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 14, 12:51AM)Bugboy1028 Wrote:
(28 Dec 14, 11:27PM)Marti Wrote: Why is 1Cap allowed to post and theGunBarrel isnt?

Because theGunBarrel doesn't make sense 50% of time

And 1Cap make sense 50% of time

Ah, that makes sense :D:D
Thanks given by:
I actually gave TGB a chance to post and he threw it up at me so sucks for him. 1cap is at least semi AC related.

Also 1cap he never said hosting from Brazil.
Thanks given by:
1Cap go play Robot Unicorn.
Thanks given by:
http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/?lo...=sao_paulo I am assuming they're overloading the crap out of their nodes

Maybe ping +f0r3v3r+, he's using/used it before.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 14, 07:04AM)Casius Wrote: http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/?lo...=sao_paulo

test IP if you wanna get an idea of the pings: 181.41.197.5
getting 192ms from uk, pretty good.

EDIT:
I've also found a host in Chile if you're interested, never tried them myself though. http://www.edis.at/de/server/kvm-server/chile/
You can get a rough idea of your ping by testing to cl.edis.at (i'm getting 209-210ms here).
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 14, 05:40PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Ok, 1Cap, enough.

Mouskios was looking for servers so he can provide the servers which have better pings

But better pings for who?
It's cool for him to block all brazilian IPs of his servers and later setup a server here. 
Thanks given by:
Mouskios have NOTHING TO DO WITH {BOB} blacklist!
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 14, 04:01PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Mouskios have NOTHING TO DO WITH {BOB} blacklist!

I know that the author of this is slackie, was me who originated the topic of discussion that.
But he will host a server for BoB here, so
Thanks given by:
well, i'm brazilian and i'm not banned anywhere ...

first link i get something around 25ms and the second 251ms

and i support having servers on south america as long as people dont refuse to play here because they will get more than 50ms and it will 'laggy' for them

edit : ah well i'm from São Paulo :D
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 14, 04:06PM)dystropia Wrote:
(29 Dec 14, 04:01PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Mouskios have NOTHING TO DO WITH {BOB} blacklist!

I know that the author of this is slackie, was me who originated the topic of discussion that.
But he will host a server for BoB here, so

BoB should change their name/tag to BaB

Banning all Brazilians
Thanks given by:
Blacklist* all Brazilians.

It sounds more agressive.
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 14, 04:28PM)kaz Wrote: and i support having servers on south america as long as people dont refuse to play here because they will get more than 50ms and it will 'laggy' for them

I'd play with anything under 200ms as long as it's stable. gibbed.me gives me 136-138 ping but (for me personally) it's one of the best match servers in the game. It's usually also a good idea to check what the contention rate on your VPS is though, because stability is going to be more important than just latency itself. The trouble is that since 1.2 was released, 200-250ms is kinda at the limit of what is acceptable for playing properly, so I doubt south american servers would be used extensively by europeans (some of whom get about 70-80ms to their own countries anyway).
Thanks given by:
Personally, I just play roulette on my blacklist, by running this script every 5 minutes:

echo ""$(shuf -i 1-255 | head -n1)"."$(shuf -i 1-255 | head -n1)"."$(shuf -i 1-255 | head -n1)"."$(shuf -i 1-255 | head -n1)" // BlacklistRoulette" >> /path/to/serverblacklist.cfg
Thanks given by:
That script is one quotation mark short of still being ridiculous... xD
/nice
Thanks given by:
The ban on Brazil has been lifted and mousikos seems to have nothing to do with the original blacklist. I don't really see why you are all hating on a guy who is trying to provide you with servers where you get a better ping...
Thanks given by: