[questions] mapping (xmaps)
Checking https://github.com/ac-stef/AC/commits/mapformat10 I see that the restriction on mapmodel will be removed. How about the clip entities? they will be rotate on all directions as well or..? Because there's some mapmodels that are hard to clip. Clips should rotate as well.

Also, how about the geometry? Can be implemented the "grab geometry" before paste? I mean, when you select and then copy, would be great to move the copied geometry, ex; CRTL + ALT + G (just press, not hold) then move the mouse and when there's no "geo colissions" you can paste it with a single mouse right click.

and the fog glitch. would be great if we can set the fog without seeing that glitch.

http://youtu.be/DtLyZh2V5F8
Thanks given by:
I'm looking into rotating clips. However - due to cube physics, clips will only rotate around the vertical axis at most. It's not unlikely, that I'll only add a 45° option for the clips. The thing is: collision checks have to be /really/ fast.

I'm sorry, but I don't really get your geometry question.

Do you have a map example for that fog glitch?
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 14, 11:05AM)stef Wrote: I'm looking into rotating clips. However - due to cube physics, clips will only rotate around the vertical axis at most. It's not unlikely, that I'll only add a 45° option for the clips. The thing is: collision checks have to be /really/ fast.

A horizontal axis rotation would be almost always useless in my opinion. I don't know if you used to create maps a lot, but I did, and I can say the most and only annoying thing with clips is to find the good wide/length values, and especially don't shuffle those values. Of course, you can remember how the wide value is related to the north position (with the radar), but it's god damn annoying and everyone I mapped with were just placing randomly a clip and deleting/fixing it if they switched length/wide values.
TL;DR: The main good point of a vertical rotating clip would be to be able to rotate it by 90° at least.

Quote:Do you have a map example for that fog glitch?

Set a low value fog (like 10 to test) on any map, expect this:
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 14, 11:05AM)stef Wrote: I'm looking into rotating clips. However - due to cube physics, clips will only rotate around the vertical axis at most. It's not unlikely, that I'll only add a 45° option for the clips. The thing is: collision checks have to be /really/ fast.

I'm sorry, but I don't really get your geometry question.

Do you have a map example for that fog glitch?

If this is added, this should also go with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xHMSIcPOm0.
Thanks given by:
ExodusS, I thought, mappers would set 1x1x1 clip ents and then modify them to fit ("1..4", "M" + scrollwheel). Also, horizontal rotation of clips would lead to inclined planes which simply do not exist in cube. So don't worry: won't happen.

Luc@s, is that code somewhere in a repository?
Thanks given by:
I hope you see the glitch here.

Some examples of bad clip:

This is a mess
This is the 'best' mapmodel clip attempt
Mapmodel clip

How about to make local the mapmodel clips, so when we rotate the mapmodel, the clips can rotate too.
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 14, 04:21PM)stef Wrote: ExodusS, I thought, mappers would set 1x1x1 clip ents and then modify them to fit ("1..4", "M" + scrollwheel).

In fact, I always know the wide/length/height/elevation of my clip, so I just type the good numbers in the console "/newent (pl)clip w x y z", I just have 50% chance to have the wide/lenght numbers in the good position. If I'm unlucky, I do what you said "m" and switch the 2 numbers. The best would just be to select the entity and to be able to rotate it by 90° (with the scroll, a key, a command, I don't really care).

BTW: Since you are into entities, allow mappers to add negative height values to mapmodels, it's already possible with clips so it might not be that long/hard. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Fog only applies to empty space. That'll never look good in combination with open sky by sky texture (which is solid space).
Thanks given by:
(03 Dec 14, 04:21PM)stef Wrote: ExodusS, I thought, mappers would set 1x1x1 clip ents and then modify them to fit ("1..4", "M" + scrollwheel). Also, horizontal rotation of clips would lead to inclined planes which simply do not exist in cube. So don't worry: won't happen.

Luc@s, is that code somewhere in a repository?

it should be in the mapediting branch of assaultcube/AC, mixed with a bunch of other features.
Thanks given by: