AssaultCube 1.2.0.2 released!
Well in real life you can't stand 50 feet away from someone with a shotgun and expect to kill them, so I wouldn't think that it would in assaultcube.....without multiple shots
Thanks given by:
Don't compare with the real life, because I'm not sure if we use AR to rush IRL...
Assault Cube is an arcade game and that's why we like it.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 14, 02:36PM)Krayce Wrote: I'm not sure if we use AR to rush IRL...

well if you don't have an army and no assault rifles, i guess you wouldn't

Also, there's nothing like a lagging, camping, teamkilling, shotgun noob
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 14, 12:13AM)MCS Wrote: Also, there's nothing like a lagging, camping, teamkilling, shotgun noob
Just lagging yes (but of course we can't compare with real life, just realistic game doesn't mean that you play really your own life), for speedhack it is actually possible with Usain Bolt lmao!

& Plz don't attach shotgun with noob, it's an insult for real shotgunner player... :'-(
Wat dat discrimination. ;'-(
PS: Yeah I played competitives matches with shotgun on 1.0 <3 (I remember against old .cS, IAF,...) ;-D
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 14, 12:19AM)Krayce Wrote: Plz don't attach shotgun with noob, it's an insult for real shotgunner player... :'-(
Wat dat discrimination. ;'-(
PS: Yeah I played competitives matches with shotgun on 1.0 <3 (I remember against old IAF,...) ;-D

Yes

I'll splatter you all day erryday

Dem shotgunmatches
Thanks given by:
Today maybe, before never...
;-D
Thanks given by:
Posting for a friend

He cant run AC 1.2 but 1.1 works fine

"Computername: Power Mac G5
Computermodell: PowerMac11,2
CPU-Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)
No. of CPUs: 2
CPU-speed: 2.3 GHz
L2-Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
ram? or harddrive? idk: Space: 5 GB
Busspeed: 1.15 GHz
Boot-ROM-Version: 5.2.7f1
Systemversion: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165)
Kernel-Version: Darwin 8.11.0"
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem using OS X 10.5.8
From what I've read on the forum you get problems on 10.6 as well.
As far as I know Ronald Reagan is looking into it
Thanks given by:
thx for info
Thanks given by:
My problem is not that the MS does not reply, it does. My problem is that only 4-5 servers appear active (I think there are supposed to be more, but maybe not).

When I try to click them, it tries and tries, and then fails. Except! There was ONE server which let me in. It was Coca~Cola 16oz. , 69.85.88.168:28808

My theory is it was the 28808 which let me in, as it was the single most unique aspect of the address. No other server I could see had it. The more common 7700s, 28763s and 28767s would either not show up in list or be unconnectable.

How do I let all numbers through? Or at least the most important ranges (like 1999-7999 and 26000-29000 ?[/size]
Thanks given by:
you don't know what the 4 or 5 digit string of numbers at the end of the server IPs are? after the : ? (the colon) ...
Those are ports I think. I don't know how to fix my internet settings or whatever.
Thanks given by:
They are ports. They have nothing to do with you "letting" them in. I think the reason you saw only a few servers was maybe because the ms was having issues at that time.
Thanks given by:
Sonic, you as a client shouldn't need to do anything special to connect to a server. If you haven't changed the config in your gateway, it should by default allow replies to connections that you have started from inside the network, on whatever port.

Did this only start after AC was updated?
Thanks given by:
no this has been a problem for me for a long time, maybe 8 months. All of a sudden it seems my internet connection is blocking all or most communication with servers on this game (and counterstrike oddly) but not browser based games or Rappelz mmorpg. It's either firewall or router settings or both.
Thanks given by:
Hello,

any news regarding the compatibility on older macs like osx 10.4 Tiger? Still waiting to be able to play the 1.2 version.
Thank you
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 13, 05:10PM)Cleaner Wrote: For those on Windows who are experimenting sound issues (all sounds suddenly cut off) here is a temporary fix for it...

Click link to download openal-soft-1.15.1-bin.zip file, once unzipped you'll find two folders inside 'win 32' and 'win 64'.
Even if your OS is x64 open the win 32 folder and you'll find a file called soft_oal.dll inside it.
Replace your AssaultCube/bin_win32/openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll with that soft_oal.dll file but do not rename it, leave it as it is.

You should now be able to play normally.

Anyhow I called it temporary fix because although I have played for hours without any troubles I am not sure if it won't happen again at a later date, but so far it works fine for me.

EDIT: some clarification: Remove the openal32_RemoveThisPartToUseOpenAL-Soft.dll and place soft_oal.dll instead.

This did not solve the problem, which is exactly the same problem as the person to whom you replied with this 'solution' to. What else can I try?

Sometimes I just decide like 'oh well, I'll just play without sound', and then after a while, the sound returns.
Thanks given by:
/bulletairsound 0
Thanks given by:
Is that a new version of ac? [link]

//XRD edit: No
Thanks given by:
Hey mates, any tutorial for creating servers?
PD: i like this version, nice upgrades :)
Thanks given by:
(19 May 14, 07:38PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Hey mates, any tutorial for creating servers?
PD: i like this version, nice upgrades :)

Same as in 1.1?
Thanks given by:
soo... How about them reload animations?
Thanks given by:
Update: still can't play.
Thanks given by:
(22 May 14, 03:56PM)MykeGregory Wrote: soo... How about them reload animations?

I remember Lucas saying it would be difficult to code...also I'm sure from the modeling standpoint it would be hard as the models would all have to be modified in order to add the animation...
Thanks given by:
Also, you have to keep in mind, that AC tries to keep a low profile regarding graphics card requirements. All current hud models and animations were made especially to have a very low load on the graphics card. We don't want to trade that in for a little eyecandy.

What's wrong with having more detailed models/animations ready for download on akimbo - for those who have fps to spend? That is basically, how it is right now, afaik.

You do realise, that most players turn off every bit of eyecandy, to keep their fps above 200, right?
Thanks given by:
Any news about localization for the next release?

I wish for something like the killing messages customization for every phrase/word in the game. The abuse of my translation, with single words used in unappropriate contexts, make me embarrassed as fuck!
Thanks given by:
About the killing messages, I think the players' names should appear in their teams colors.
CLA red and RVSF blue.

Just an idea.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 14, 12:13AM)MCS Wrote:
(05 Jan 14, 02:36PM)Krayce Wrote: I'm not sure if we use AR to rush IRL...

well if you don't have an army and no assault rifles, i guess you wouldn't

Also, there's nothing like a lagging, camping, teamkilling, shotgun noob

I would absolutely camp in real life: http://www.simohayha.com/
Thanks given by:
Bad enough the AC competitive scene has gone down the drain except for a few active clans. Now pubs are even more one-sided than before.

By player #
Standard 'Good' Modes(CTF-HTF-KTF-DM-TDM): 9
Niche Modes(TOSOK, LSS): 38
Unofficial modes & Crapmaps(Gema/Camper): 32

[Image: VnWnhb1.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
stef y u no /pause feature for /mastermode 1 & 2 ?!
Thanks given by:
Oh the irony of Nightmare's ss. The only people playing are the ones the devs and forum dudes wanted to kicked out of game. Guess it was a good thing that the "get rid of gema and shitty maps" project was never accomplished, otherwise AC would be dead by now...
Thanks given by: