Silver League - Spring 2014
There's also the pre-jump with non binded haxjump users. Binded users just press a button and go... The pro's just make a jump, then perform the hax jump.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 07:41PM)Nightmare Wrote: Well it's illegal for the league either way
:p

James, it is possible to recognize this movement in a demo?
Nightmare, and you can?

I wish not to play against an enemy that ignores normal jump height.

I need to remember the post FUNDOG here?

We need a technical answer.
Thanks given by:
you cannot judge it !! If you dont agree with the result for some suspicious behavior, just remake match !! You have the right for it. The cheating opponent gives up the cheating if he would waste so many matches without the confirmation of the result from both sides.
Thanks given by:
Nightmare Wrote:Edge jump = yes
hax jump/bind = no

This was my technical answer
Thanks given by:
Edit: There should be a *well made* official client for this kind of events, no scripts allowed and *really*enforced anticheat.
Thanks given by:
If the devs were too lazy to fix the bugs in the first place, they wont ever fix it. They'd be better off rewriting the code on a new engine anyways.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 11:04PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Edit: There should be a *well made* official client for this kind of events, no scripts allowed and *really*enforced anticheat.
Hax jump isn't cheating.
Thanks given by:
ofc it is, it's like aimbot. Why aim when something can do it for you?
Thanks given by:
There's no analogy for no-bind hax jump though. You still have to do the jumping yourself. It's only the bind that does it for you.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 12:56AM)Mousikos Wrote:
(08 Apr 14, 11:04PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Edit: There should be a *well made* official client for this kind of events, no scripts allowed and *really*enforced anticheat.
Hax jump isn't cheating.

Where in that sentence I said 'haxjump' was cheating?
'Haxjump' isn't cheating if and only if you do it without using scripts. The problem is, there is no way to know for sure if someone is using it or not. So I advocate for a 'special' client that doesn't allow scripts so everyone plays using raw skills and unmodified clients ala 'old school'.

With (haxjump+triggerbot) script even the Plenases' granma is pro, no mames.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 02:30AM)TheNihilanth Wrote:
(09 Apr 14, 12:56AM)Mousikos Wrote:
Hax jump isn't cheating.

Where in that sentence I said 'haxjump' was cheating?
'Haxjump' isn't cheating if and only if you do it without using scripts. The problem is, there is no way to know for sure if someone is using it or not. So I advocate for a 'special' client that doesn't allow scripts so everyone plays using raw skills and unmodified clients ala 'old school'.

With (haxjump+triggerbot) script even the Plenases' granma is pro, no mames.

I can't play no scripts XD My middle mouse is nade and I make scroll wheel skip nade. Q is drop flag. F is claim admin (okay this one isn't useful at all if everyone is nice), \ is map because somehow on my asian keyboard it's where i expect LALT to be.
Thanks given by:
binds are not technically scripts in this definition. if there were no binds you couldnt technically move. to use a hax jump bind you still technically press more than one button to execute. it still requires timing, albeit very simple timing.
Thanks given by:
Brazilians always hacks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHXsFH7gHW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkRziiLq8I
Thanks given by:
I personally dont care if somebody uses haxjump or not. I cant do it and dont think its a significant disadvantage ...
Thanks given by:
I think it's a large advantage but I havn't taken the time to a) try it b) bind it or c) use it and I don't personally care if it is used against me. I won't rq a game because of it, but I would prefer everyone is on a (kind of) level field
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 14, 07:54PM)Graziano Wrote: Since 1.5 year i'm learning to hax-jump in LSS douze..
Now i'm training CTF for like 7-8 months and every game i hax-jumped without binds..
So I can't stop hax in a game it's just an automatic thing for my fingers lol
And now I hear this isn't allowed, but I just don't fail for like 95% of my tries.
I will try to don't do it, but just don't ban me if i do it for a couple of times..

I noticed you...

you "hax" jump without pre jump and you use the jump like every few secs, you look like a crazy frog! I guess you think that doing the jump while running every 3 secs is good for evading bullets LOL
Thanks given by:
at least it is effective at several places in d3 and it takes him to get in to a right place several seconds earlier than opponent and that gives him an advantage he trained for.
Thanks given by:
d3 is the only map I can spontaneously think of where I see people really, effectively, using it. BUT you can do all of them with either boxes nearby, simply crouch-jump or simply a very basic rifle jump

I think its bean counting to ban it and its unfair to players who put effort into learning it by skill
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 01:21PM)Robtics Wrote: d3 is the only map I can spontaneously think of where I see people really, effectively, using it. BUT you can do all of them with either boxes nearby, simply crouch-jump or simply a very basic rifle jump

I think its bean counting to ban it and its unfair to players who put effort into learning it by skill

Blue base. ac_power
Thanks given by:
It was banned in the last one as well. Unless the devs recognize it as a feature, it's illegal for this competition.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 01:47PM)Mousikos Wrote: Blue base. ac_power

you can do that without the bind!
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 02:08PM)Vanquish Wrote:

I don't bind. And it's not flag jump out. It's jump in over the fence. I think it can be done with edgejump too.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 02:12PM)Mousikos Wrote:

I don't bind. And it's not flag jump out. It's jump in over the fence. I think it can be done with edgejump too.

Who even does that
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 02:15PM)Marti Wrote:
(09 Apr 14, 02:12PM)Mousikos Wrote:

Who even does that
Me and MykeG. I've never tried this in inter or CM though. Not sure if it's a good idea. Works wonderfully on nooby pub sthough XD
Thanks given by:
Was told it is not allowed. So we will not accept it in play.
We'll be watching, especially at this point of the map:
ps:madcatz - im reporting your post.
Thanks given by:
1Cap, stop causing problems on the forum please.
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 14, 03:19PM)1Cap Wrote: ps:madcatz - im reporting your post.

Are you really that dumb? I bet you didnt even watch his links, he is clearly joking
Thanks given by:
Sorry, 1Cap. If you have a personal problem with me, there's an appropriate forum for it on the clan forums. Please keep it out of cubers.

Second, if you don't like the way people act, either talk to a moderator about it, or deal with it. If it's too tiring, then don't come to cubers. You have that choice too.

However, you posted a picture of the high part of ac_gothic, where we will be playing |AoX|. I know you have problems speaking English, but to everyone who understands English, it sounds like you're attacking madcatz.

I don't know whether you mean to cause problems or not, and I'm going to assume the best of you, but since English is not your first language, you should take /extra/ care not to offend people. You should use words only if you know their severity.
Thanks given by:
^aren't you two in the same clan?!

inb4 teamkills
Thanks given by:
you get up that ladder real quick by two easy edgejumps, also crouch jumps if you cant do the edgejump.

I think banning haxjump completly is unecessary work. how exactly are you going to find out if it was a bind (which is perfectly reasonable to get banned) or skill - and how unfair is it to people who really mastered it and do it because they are used to it?

I for myself crouch jump nearly every time because I got so used to it and I can imagine that people used to haxjump might get thrown out of their playing routine - and this is a critical disadvantage.
Thanks given by: