3v3 CTF World Rankings
EDIT: January rankings

----------------------------------------

Bored over the last few days, have never really done anything for AC despite being around on and off for four years and I'm a nerd for stats. Introducing the 3v3 CTF World Rankings.

Every 3v3 CTF tournament match played by a clan since the beginning of the year has been used to determine a rating for each clan, relative to other tournament-playing clans. These ratings will then be used to create a world ranking system.

The ratings use the Glicko system, which is a newer, modified, and imho better version of the Elo system. For an explanation on the difference between Elo & Glicko, read this, or if you need an intro to rating systems in general read this.

Rankings will be updated monthly. Official rankings will begin on January 1, 2014, using results of all 2013 tournaments. As far as I can tell, this means only two: the Summer Cup and B} League (ACWC does not involve clans and will instead count towards national rankings, if/when they are calculated).

To be considered a ranked clan, a clan must play ten tournament matches and hold an RD value of 150 or less (context given later). I have already entered every ranked match for 2013 up to November 1, and the resulting RD value & games played for each clan is shown below. Hopefully this will give clans an idea of how many more games they need to play over the next two months in order to be ranked on Jan 1, when rankings are released:

Note that the actual ratings will remain hidden until Jan 1 (the **** in the table): the only visible numbers for now are games played and rating deviation (RD). Ratings will be shown on Jan 1.

ASSAULTCUBE 3v3 CTF WORLD RANKINGS (ratings hidden)
AS AT NOVEMBER 1, 2013

RANKED CLANS (in alphabetical order)

CLAN   RATING  RD   MATCHES
aK|    ****    137  12
{BoB}  ****    117  15
FD*    ****    145  10
w00p|  ****    113  18

UNRANKED CLANS (in alphabetical order)

CLAN   RATING  RD   MATCHES
45.    ****    202  6
=aW=   ****    198  6
|aX|   ****    295  1
B}     ****    191  6
{CoE}  ****    155  9
=FG=   ****    308  1
HsOs   ****    263  2
[Hunt] ****    238  4
|#LC*| ****    151  11
=MyS=  ****    186  6
|oNe|  ****    157  9
.rC    ****    207  4
=SA=   ****    207  4
xW     ****    198  6

(The ratings/rankings of ranked clans will be revealed when official rankings begin on Jan 1, 2014)

HOW TO GET RANKED:
WHICH MATCHES ARE CONSIDERED 'RANKED'/COUNT TOWARDS WORLD RANKING:
CONTEXT FOR RD/HOW RD WORKS (boring):

Proper rankings/ratings will be released on Jan 1, 2014. If I have spare time and there's enough interest i can also calculate national rankings, based off every ACWC since the inaugural one in 2009. 1v1 rankings are also possible, but as far as I can tell, there have been no 1v1 tournaments since the weekend cup crashed at the end of 2012 (outside of a couple of loosely organised LSS tournaments). So therefore 1v1 rankings aren't viable until there is some data (ie. until people play some 1v1 tournaments).

tl;dr: play more B} League games/3v3 CTF tournaments and get a world ranking on Jan 1, 1v1 and national rankngs potentially to come soon as well

(or don't if no one cares)
Thanks given by:
I think a lot of people have been wanting to do something like this for a really long time now, thanks for being the first. :P
Thanks given by:
Ehh but what happens when your clan got DQ in summer cup?
Thanks given by:
All your matchs are lost :]
Thanks given by:
I wrote somewhere in the posts that forfeits don't count against your rating. While normally I don't think that would be right, the nature of ac tournaments involve so many forfeits that I think it would skew the rankings too much, especially when most active clans are only getting 5-10 tournament games a year. In a lot of forfeits both sides are somewhat at fault, and I think it would be unfair to decimate the ranking of a ranked #1 or #2 clan forfeiting to a low ranked clan in that situation. They take enough of a penalty from losing pts/getting eliminated from the tournament.

I'm open to discussion on that though if people think its wrong
Thanks given by:
Yay

Seems like oNe is ruining their rating by being so pr0 in the B} league :p
Thanks given by:
Also,
Something we've all known for a while now, but now we have proof.

B} > oNe
Thanks given by:
i tend to agree
does it look like we care what our rating is
we are still waiting for w00p to sort their shit out so we can get this summer cup out of the way xoxo
Thanks given by:
nononononononno

These are not the rankings. The ratings are hidden until jan 1 (that's the **** on the table). The number is just the rd (rating deviation), basically how confident the system is of your ranking. Higher rd = more uncertain of your ranking. You need to be <150 to get ranked on jan 1

Edit: it just looks like rating because I haven't formatted the table properly, I'm on my phone atm but ill fix it on a computer soon. I promise the ratings aren't that wack
Thanks given by:
Damn.
Thanks given by:
so how do you submit scores to be calculated?
Thanks given by:
(07 Nov 13, 08:55AM)Marti Wrote: Ehh but what happens when your clan got DQ in summer cup?

Dairy Queen?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
you both got it wrong

this is DQ

EDIT: if anyone wonders: yes he is
Thanks given by:
Chill out 1Cap, stop reporting posts.
Thanks given by:
Nice ambition!
Where can we see the ranking list (any website specialized in this category? or only from a topic in the forum)...
Anyway, good luck bro.
Thanks given by:
(01 Dec 13, 12:33AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Chill out 1Cap, stop reporting posts.

i swear to god hes on his period
Thanks given by:
bloody 1Cap :D
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 13, 02:12PM){HTN}3Ni6M@ Wrote: so how do you submit scores to be calculated?
If the tournament is advertised/announced on the AC forums, and screenshots/demos are posted somewhere easily accessible, then you don't need to do anything. The games will already be added (your tournament fits all of this, assuming you/the teams post screenshots, so you don't need to do anything)

(02 Dec 13, 05:37PM)Krayce Wrote: Nice ambition!
Where can we see the ranking list (any website specialized in this category? or only from a topic in the forum)...
Anyway, good luck bro.
Thanks man. Rankings aren't posted until January 1. No website for the moment, I'm going to wait to see if this gets any support. Rankings will get edited into the OP when they are announced so no-one has to dig through the thread
Thanks given by:
What version of the Glicko system are you using?
Thanks given by:
The original. Glicko-2 is probably a better system but it's designed to work better with larger amounts of games (the guy who designed it suggests 10-15 games per rating period, which is per month in my system). AC doesn't get enough tournaments to make that work, so I went with the original
Thanks given by:
Isn't Glicko system version 1 only for 1 versus 1 matches?
Thanks given by:
Yep. It can be used to rank teams, though. What 'one on one' refers to is that you can't have, say, three teams in the same game. Or you can't rank players individually in a 3v3 system. You are assessing one player against another player, or one team against another team.
Thanks given by:
ASSAULTCUBE 3v3 CTF WORLD RANKINGS
AS AT JANUARY 1, 2014

RATED CLANS
RANK  CLAN   RATING  RD    GAMES
1     w00p   1997    106   24
2     BoB    1907    107   19
3     oNe    1839    129   15
4     FD     1780    123   14
5     aK     1716    145   12
6     LC     1591    143   13

UNRATED CLANS
CLAN   RD    GAMES
45     168   10
aW     203   6
aX     254   4
CoE    161   9
dyH    214   4
FG     245   3
HsOs   267   2
Hunt   242   4
MA     278   2
MyS    168   9
PB     180   8
rC     158   9
SA     211   4
STK    179   6
xW     203   6
(to be rated, must have played 10 games with an RD below 150)
Thanks given by:
You got those numbers from the latest cups?
Thanks given by:
Quote:Official rankings will begin on January 1, 2014, using results of all 2013 tournaments. As far as I can tell, this means only two: the Summer Cup and B} League

Every match from both those tournaments between two 'A' teams was used for ratings. ie. games involving a 'junior' team or a second team from the same clan were not counted.
Thanks given by:
wonder what it would look like discounting games with million in it.

haha
Thanks given by:
wonder what it would look like adding older tournaments.

but i'm sure undead's team would be second <3
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 14, 09:58AM)Undead Wrote: wonder what it would look like discounting games with million in it.

haha

Bwahahah y u funny

Yeah fuck that oNe would be first
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 14, 11:02AM)Sanzo Wrote: but i'm sure undead's team would be second <3

im the best sniper in 1.2
Thanks given by: