Poll: What maps should AssaultCube put into the package?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ac_ancient_mines
2.79%
9 2.79%
ac_banlieue
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_box_factory
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_brackish
1.55%
5 1.55%
ac_brick
4.64%
15 4.64%
ac_cavern
6.50%
21 6.50%
ac_cloud
4.02%
13 4.02%
ac_dingy
3.72%
12 3.72%
ac_forsaken
5.26%
17 5.26%
ac_frost
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_heatstroke
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_heatstroke2
2.17%
7 2.17%
ac_lainio
6.81%
22 6.81%
ac_metl3
5.88%
19 5.88%
ac_mojave2
1.86%
6 1.86%
ac_prison
0.62%
2 0.62%
ac_swamp
8.98%
29 8.98%
ac_terros
11.76%
38 11.76%
core
0.93%
3 0.93%
electron
1.86%
6 1.86%
marvel
0.93%
3 0.93%
mpx_desierto_v1.3
2.48%
8 2.48%
Nocturne
4.02%
13 4.02%
Savana
4.95%
16 4.95%
Venison
7.74%
25 7.74%
Total 323 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Voting for the next official map!
(15 Dec 12, 04:48AM)Xenon Wrote: IF TERROS IS NOT ACCEPTED AC IS A SHIT GAME

Well, I think this vote is really disgusting for mappers.
Many of us worked hard to make a map as perfect as possible, we map for us, but what mappers are searching is to be recognized, it's disgusting to see that we must register our map to a stupid poll to be recognized, devs should judge by themself, or if they think they can't, recruit some judges in the "elite mappers and players" and the result will be only better than a stupid poll where everyone (and many idiots like me) can vote.
Probably +50 players voted, i'm sure no more than 10 saw and studied ALL the map of this list in-game.

Nobody talks about ac_zanka or many maps that are not in the list (apollo maps for publics...), some mappers left the game and made better maps than most of those in this poll.

Plus this "elite" could kick some official maps out of the official pack and put some new ones more fluently, cause AC need it.

rattrap, edifice, snow, ..., should have a last judgment, iceroad should update to the new release.

(19 Sep 12, 10:53PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: @ac_wasteland - the map needs work. It's not getting into AC unless the owners work on detailing it further.

@ac_toxic
Thanks given by:
To defend devs, if they judge maps to be added by themselves, many would say that devs never listen to the community and are killing this game and I would be one of them so I think they made the correct decision.
Also I wont accept that a bunch of people self-proclaimed 'elite mappers' decide which map should be added because they are convinced to know better than us what this game need.

We all play this game so I think we are all able to say on which map we want to play. As I said I am not a mapper at all so I cant judge about quality. But I can judge the fun I will have playing a map or not. I played on all maps even if I didn't inter in all of them because sometimes nobody was here to play with me or wanted to download the map. I also voted according the way I hope people should play AC (bigger maps with more way to go).

You are right about good mappers who are not represented in this poll but we cant go for each mapper in AC and ask him to upload his map on the official forum. It is up to them.

I think all mappers worked hard to make a map as perfect as possible but we cant accept all maps. I think you are a recognized mapper but there is no need to be mad because you map is not leading. If you dislike some maps, you can understand that some people may prefer other maps than yours.
Thanks given by:
F1 x1000 @ exo.
Votes are rigged for a few maps, and hardly anyone actually looks at all the maps. Just voting for friends and what maps they saw on a server once before. I pm'ed kiwi asking if they are adding maps that aren't on this poll a couple days ago.

and xD @ the toxic comment. Not saying more because I have stuff to do and don't wanna get banhammered.
Thanks given by:
We should wonder which maps we want to be official. Popular maps or something else. Some maps like keller or toxic or rattrap are never played and only few maprots include them. I personally dislike some of them but I wont say we should remove them.

The choice to include them have been made during the previous versions (at least before I joined) but now it is our turn to decide which map we want to include. Maybe in few years some people will say that we should remove them because they are bad lol. It is not a big deal imo and you can still play the map you want. Nobody is forcing you to play only 'officials maps' (I played toxic only 2 times I think xD).
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 01:59PM)Edward Wrote: self-proclaimed 'elite mappers' decide which map should be added because they are convinced to know better than us what this game need.

If I say i'm a self-proclamed 'elite mapper' because I won the "Official mapping contest" with one of the most beautifull map of this game, against quality mappers, would you say I'm wrong or mad?

(15 Dec 12, 01:59PM)Edward Wrote: We all play this game so I think we are all able to say on which map we want to play.

It could be the "democracy" exemple, but in a real democracy, 10 years old can't vote, because they can't objectively know what is good or right from themself.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 01:04PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(19 Sep 12, 10:53PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: @ac_wasteland - the map needs work. It's not getting into AC unless the owners work on detailing it further.

@ac_toxic

@ac_urban :-|
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 02:48PM).ExodusS* Wrote: If I say i'm a self-proclamed 'elite mapper' because I won the "Official mapping contest" with one of the most beautifull map of this game, against quality mappers, would you say I'm wrong or mad?
Neither, I'd say you're arrogant.

I think the problem for the devs is that there's a lot of maps that could qualify for being official, but they can't include all (or even half) of them because that would mean we need to learn them all.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 02:48PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(15 Dec 12, 01:59PM)Edward Wrote: self-proclaimed 'elite mappers' decide which map should be added because they are convinced to know better than us what this game need.

If I say i'm a self-proclamed 'elite mapper' because I won the "Official mapping contest" with one of the most beautifull map of this game, against quality mappers, would you say I'm wrong or mad?

I dont think it is arrogant. He is not English so maybe it can sounds a bit arrogant like that but I see what he meant. Well maybe a bit :p

Btw I would say that other self-proclaimed elite mappers proclaimed you elite mapper even if I don't deny qualities of your maps. Many 1.1.0.4 players started with douze for example (I did and many people I know did). I guess we can compare that with ejemville (dunno how you spell it). Maybe douze is worse than your maps (I have no idea even if I wont say that) but it brings more players so quality doesn't seems to be the most important part.

Also 4 people here are between 10-15 (xenon, z3r0, brutalnate and jg99) and 57 between 15-26+ : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6109.html

And stop it with map hating. I love ac_urban :(
Thanks given by:
i looked at nearly all the maps, apart from ac_core and marvel
Thanks given by:
reactor in core map is fantastic ;) AC needs such maps, they are very useful for next mappers,now mappers have ideas for ac_power2, you guys deserve more respect than current "mapping elite" !!

dingy and lianio have more versions in package which we should choose ?? because for example these new bricks destroy totally the whole map ...

metl3 is a disaster

heatstroke maps haven't name and creator's name

and so many desert style maps,so thursty, i had to open a beer during checking. complex and desert style are most favorite but not secure for your map, easily someone tops you ;)

i believe in direct democracy, during flames we will discover all mistakes in maps,i think voting should have at least 2 rounds, in first we choose top maps (for example over 10%) and in the second we will flame among these top maps.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 05:43PM)Alien Wrote: reactor in core map is fantastic ;) AC needs such maps, they are very useful for next mappers,now mappers have ideas for ac_power2, you guys deserve more respect than current "mapping elite" !!

i liked electron a lot. not sure if anyone else did. i think that if we make a couple tiny changes (i.e. the wall textures in the office rooms; maybe put a touch more detail in some parts of the map), we would have ourselves a pretty cool result

(15 Dec 12, 05:43PM)Alien Wrote: i believe in direct democracy

so do i but i think as Exo said, a lot of the voters barely gave the other maps a look. we also have a problem with certain groups of people agreeing to all vote on one particular map because they are in the same clan as the map creator or just know the map creator better than other map creators on this list. with such a small voting sample, i think voting is a touch bit skewed.
Thanks given by:
LINK FOR THE LAZY: http://www.mediafire.com/?lwtld41n2snt3l0

Contains all the maps & extra content in one .rar package.
Thanks given by:
**FOR ALL THOSE COMPLAINING***

Stop being such nancy's. This thread is ENTIRELY designed to help YOU decide what maps WE should be looking at including in the package.

WE will not be including any map that is deemed not good enough. NONE of these maps were screened before being put in the poll, but they WILL be screened post-poll before looking at putting them in the package.

Do you know how I normally include a map? A creator asks me to include it and I listen and then include it; OR... I go to quadropolis/akimbo and look at what's uploaded, find a good one (no particular selection process, just find one that's good) and contact the owner to get it included. I DON'T normally ask the community what they want, so this is YOUR chance.

If you don't like the idea of me asking what you guys want, fine... but how about you stop being a selfish dick and let the rest of us have a go?
Thanks given by:
What RK said.
If the devs wouldn't have decided to give the community a chance to have a say, a group of people would've complained that they don't involve the community and that they are making all the decisions themselves, now players are given the chance to make the decision and yet people complain.

Some people argue just for the sake of arguing.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 06:59PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: now players are given the chance to make the decision and yet people complain.

RK knows there were many complains about a vote BEFORE the vote was even announced.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 07:11PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(15 Dec 12, 06:59PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: now players are given the chance to make the decision and yet people complain.

RK knows there were many complains about a vote BEFORE the vote was even announced.

Nancy's.
Thanks given by:
wasnt complaining...i think its good that the community finally gives some input. i was just expressing to Alien my thoughts on the polling (if RK's post was directed at me)
Thanks given by:
Exoduss, if somebody had suggested ac_zanka, then it would be on this poll...

That's the thing, all/most of the people who posted the maps that were considered in this poll only posted their own, no looking out for others.
Selfish ACers >:|
Thanks given by:
Quote from RK in the other topic:

In this thread, you post YOUR map (i.e. only authors can suggest their own maps to be made official).
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 09:04PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Exoduss, if somebody had suggested ac_zanka, then it would be on this poll...

That's the thing, all/most of the people who posted the maps that were considered in this poll only posted their own, no looking out for others.
Why I didn't post unfrozen :3
Thanks given by:
Thats cool Aekom, I must admit I havent seen like 4 of the pollmaps yet.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 09:07PM)Sanzo Wrote: Quote from RK in the other topic:

In this thread, you post YOUR map (i.e. only authors can suggest their own maps to be made official).
Ah, understood.
But still, if some people felt that certain maps were good, couldn't they have posted on their behalf? :s
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 11:11PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Ah, understood.
But still, if some people felt that certain maps were good, couldn't they have posted on their behalf? :s

How can I know about Sniper's maps licences, or how to join him if he plays once a year? Though he was in {TyD} last time I saw him, nothing sure...
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 11:11PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(15 Dec 12, 09:07PM)Sanzo Wrote: Quote from RK in the other topic:

Ah, understood.

No. Because that thread has terms and conditions that must be agreed to by the creator of the map.
Thanks given by:
Votes aren't over yet but it seems ac_terros is going to make it...

Just in case you might go through it once more, some areas on the outskirts could be made solid and like on this screenie useless space with mapmodels that could be deleted...

[Image: acterros.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If terros make it, Daylixx and I will do some fixes, i already found some places where something is wrong, only minor details / gameplay fixes.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 06:51PM)RandumKiwi Wrote: **FOR ALL THOSE COMPLAINING***

Stop being such nancy's. This thread is ENTIRELY designed to help THE DEVS decide what maps WE should be looking at including in the package.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 02:37PM)Edward Wrote: Some maps like keller ... are never played and only few maprots include them... I wont say we should remove them.

and WE MUST NEVER DO IT. ac_keller is one of the best maps in AC. So is ac_werk. Have you taken the time to look all the details and the gameplay? if not, please, we can have some rounds there.

"Well, I think this vote is really disgusting for mappers" (.ExodusS*)

I don't think so. Maybe for you is disgusting but you can have many conclusions when this poll ends, if smart. I know everybody has done a great job making this maps, I'm so happy for that and I really would make all your maps official. However, we can't do that and we must pick the "best" maps. Here is when we need to take into account all the details (lighting, textures, pick-ups, gameplay, etc). You may want to analize why ac_terros is leading or why ac_venison has a lot of votes. Contrast the high-ranked maps with the less-voted ones. I'm sure, the first mentioned have something else somewhere (or everywhere). Also, consider who voted for the maps. It's not the same, for instance, EndGame's vote (a complete noobie in mapping) than Mr.Floppy's vote (creator of one of the best AC maps) I didn't mean to be rude with anybody, I repeat, all the maps are great but we can't choose them all. I chose them all but just in my heart <3 :-D.

Finally, I really appreciate the opportunity devs are giving to us to have "our say" when deciding official maps

That's EndGame's view point, thanks for reading x-D
Thanks given by:
I think you should leave the poll open for at least 2 more weeks cause you can't expect all users to visit the forum daily or weekly + it needs some time to make up your mind, it doesn't have to be an instant decision.
Thanks given by:
(15 Dec 12, 09:04PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Exoduss, if somebody had suggested ac_zanka, then it would be on this poll...

i was going to purpose two maps that are really funny and loved, present in the maprot of M|A public servers 2 years ago, but i don't remember the name of it and i wasn't sure they were adapted to 1.1 version...

the first it ac_fracht (the one with the long boat) and the other is extremely funny for dm.. it is just a courtyard and 4 doors but i don't remember the name
Thanks given by: