1.0 alternative server list
I'll get 1.1 when more fixes have been applied. I do not want to end up downloading and installing like 5 different versions and updates. I'm not that computer savvy. Keep 1.0.4 up for awhile. Let people have their fun. No one likes change, specially when it will require a lot of work to get their skills back up to snuff. I despised 1.0 for the recoil SMG that destroyed all the work I had put into getting efficient at .93. The shotgun got banged up too, and so I got angry. In the end 1.0.4 managed to grow on me, but not nearly enough that I have forgotten those two points... so it is with great trepidation, and I can't believe I am saying this, that I am looking forward to 1.1.

I guess you also have to take into account the resources required to run a masterserver. That said, I'm available to go whichever way the rest of you shimmies go.

Sorry shimmies, I may have flipped the script up there but that's life man. Too much fighting lately. Pick your battles, choose your targets, and whip it out if you must, but save it for when it counts.

P.S. If anything give people a little bit of time to switch over. They may be too used to 1.0.4 or be casual gamers who don't know much about what the rest of us no-lifers are up to. Anyone who puts enough time to type this size of a post is a no-lifer. Accept your fate!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Thanks given by:
People are affraid by change.

The transition from 1.0.4 to the 1.1.0.1 (see above) is too fast ...
Too much change kills change.

Maybe the new version is over-dosed?
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 04:57PM)*GrZ|Sp!d3R Wrote: Maybe the new version is over-dosed?

Maybe? It is a game different from what has been known as AssaultCube 1.0.4

P@ndel
Thanks given by:
What I mean is that the test periods were not long enough, which failed to correct all the bugs ...

The 1.0.4's version should still be the main support until the 1.1's version is finally (almost) completed.
Thanks given by:
We tested for a month, maybe more. People will eventually get used to the changes, it hasn't even been three weeks.
Thanks given by:
Seriously, what's with this thread being infested with 1.0 vs 1.1?
Thanks given by:
Because you made it so when you opened your mouth.
Though if this stops people from complaining I must thank you!
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 11:42PM)Gibstick Wrote: Because you made it so when you opened your mouth.
Go back to the first page and look at the posts in order.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 11:45PM)Drakas Wrote:
(22 Aug 10, 11:42PM)Gibstick Wrote: Because you made it so when you opened your mouth.
Then why bother at all :D
Thanks given by:

But that would require reading through your driveling mindless posts.

nty
Thanks given by:
Awesome, at last you two said something useful :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 10, 12:14AM)Drakas Wrote: Awesome, at last you two said something useful :)

Drakas: Because constantly complaining about the new version and not beta testing or offering support is useful

EDIT: Oh how nice, you changed your post so you look a little less like you're on your fucking high horse.
Thanks given by:
I don't see a relation with the thread
Thanks given by:
All Drakas did was give players an ability to choose which version they would like to play. This thread was never intended to be a battle between 1.0 and 1.1 . If people want to continue to argue about it, take it to one of the other multiple threads that has already been spammed with this. People have complained and voiced their opinions and still many people haven't learned one thing yet: The devs can do whatever they want (rightfully so, it is their game), even if we, the players, hate it.

@Drakas: thanks for the servers. Also, this topic was what finally made me register on these forums, so in the spirit of the old forums....

Thankful people: Emoposer
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 11:53PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:

But that would require reading through your driveling mindless posts.

nty

I agree that I might've been a little mean when asking if your program runs on Linux, but I was only asking a question in the interest of open source!
Thanks given by:
Huzzah Emo!

Thankful People: Emoposer, MorganKell
Thanks given by:
:P

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful People: Bukz, Emoposer, MorganKell
Thanks given by:
Luc@s: you can do what you want with your server,they can do what they want with their game.

an alternative serverlist will just finish by disappear....by itself....so,yes it's a good idea.will just keep alive 1.04 few month more.thanks stef and drakas for keep our good old one alive a little more (also if i don't play it anymore).

now let's talk about interesting things bug to fix and improvement for 1.1 ;)
Thanks given by: