Problem.
Ok guys i have an extreeme problem here....i will explain whats the problem..
I was keeping the server On about two days..and all players connected to my server but it lags...but i'm still not lagging.if i join to other server in server list, my ping is arround 1000-16000 on the serverlist and i can't connected.so i shutdown the modem and wait 2 minutes and turn on again,it didn't work either. am i loosing bandwidht?How to solve this? please help
Thanks given by:
Got to http://www.speedtest.net/ and post the results.
Thanks given by:
The problem is you're running a homemade server, and most likely you put way too many player slots.
Thanks given by:
Do you use Wi-Fi?

By the way, it's very likely that you can't play now because your internet shouldn't have been running a server. Your router reached its limit, so you'll have to talk with your internet provider.
Thanks given by:
Home servers aren't worth hosting anyway unless you have a solid fibre-optic connection. It's a nice idea to host your own server but there are loads of low-latency servers available anyway.
Thanks given by:
I ddin't use vps..i just let the computer on so the server still running.anyway it's been 2 days i didn't use internet my wireless is back on 5Mb/s but i can't run the server anymore becuase i run 2 servers again my internet will die again
Thanks given by:
Try to avoid running servers from your home, specially if you're using wifi. You should've at least tried to read some info on bandwidth required when running a server. Read page 3 of this. And quite honestly, 5 Mb is simply not enough for running 2 servers for a decent enough of time.
Thanks given by:
How to check a bandwidth?
Thanks given by:
Call your internet provider.
Thanks given by:
I can't open speedtest.net it's too very laggy

and problem is i don't know internet provider.
Thanks given by:
Ask your mommy where she sends the dough for the internet.
Thanks given by:
dude, i ask my dad..my mom doesn't know internet..

Ok the result on speedtest after my router is fixed is: 126 ping, 0,51 Mbps download speed, and 0.36 Mbps Upload speed..does is still lagging?
Thanks given by:
I don't think you should be running a server with speeds like that... :s
Thanks given by:
after i look on assault cube my ping starting about 500-10216..
Thanks given by:
Stop running your server.
Thanks given by:
Smack my ass for pennies and I'll fix all your problems!
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 12, 12:18PM)ONYX Wrote: I can't open speedtest.net it's too very laggy

I laughed.

(15 Aug 12, 01:41AM)ONYX Wrote: Ok the result on speedtest after my router is fixed is: 126 ping, 0,51 Mbps download speed, and 0.36 Mbps Upload speed..does is still lagging?

I'm sorry, but this speedtest results indicates you probably shouldn't run a server from home, your internet just isn't good enough.
Thanks given by:
Isn't good enough for pretty much anything, my connection is bad for a server and I have a 6Mbps download and a 1.0 upload, now yours is worse.
Thanks given by:
Do you have wireless B, G, or N for Wi-Fi? And if you are on wireless try to use an Ethernet cable and hook it up to your router but that might not make your ping any better.
Thanks given by:
well i have ethernet cable but it's broken becuase i was 8 years old cut the cable.... what is B G and N?

the tool i cut it is scissors :D
Thanks given by:
Where did your Daddy say the loot for the internet goes?

[Image: FU8gJ.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i don't know...i still didn't run any server but my ping still 6000-20000
Thanks given by:
Pro tip: when lag is unbearable, you can still play gemas!
Thanks given by:
just stop fucking running the server
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 04:20PM)Waffles Wrote: just stop fucking running the server

^listen to him.

I get 40Mb/s download speed, my upload speed varies but it's usually 4Mb/s or above, I'm not on wireless and I even have trouble with lag if I run a server from home. If you really need this server, (which from your determination I assume you do), buy a VPS.

(16 Aug 12, 07:23AM)ONYX Wrote: well i have ethernet cable but it's broken becuase i was 8 years old cut the cable....

I assume this means you cut your ethernet cable? If so, I highly recommend obtaining a new one. You'll experience significantly better connection (or I did at least, when I bought a new ethernet cable).
Thanks given by:
It's possible that you will encounter ping/pj problems still after not running your server anymore, most likely cause you reached your internet's threshold limit. Give it time, usually it takes a few weeks until it becomes stable. My internet's probably shitty as well cause I used to have these problems when some of the people in my house began downloading ts shows too much, so just know your limits :)
Thanks given by:
Weeks? it's 10 days was fixed and i feel lunatic without internet T_T
Thanks given by:
i have very bad internet as well, i bought a vps and now no more laggy servers :D

Edit: wtf, 499 posts it said 500 lastnight. Who's deleting my stuff.
Thanks given by:
i see 499 posts
Thanks given by:
After my internet got fixed why i can't open speedtest.net??
Thanks given by: