few questions
Hi,

I used to play this many years ago and I started playing again lately as twat/rapha. I noticed the server list is much more condensed (as well as empty) than it used to be, but it seems this game is still alive. Are there any active clans or even clan wars taking place?

Also, could anyone tell me what happened to those maps like bc_dust & dust night, or skyscraper city & headshot city? I have the impression that custom maps are no longer played much, just vanilla - which is not bad, except sometimes ctf on douze with 16 ppl is a bit stupid.

Also, can someone give me a list of basic commands in game? (eg. fog, brightness etc)

Thanks and see you in-game
Thanks given by:
You can find out a lot of stuff from here - the docs. I'm not sure if it's all been updated for 1.2 yet, though. AC has not transitioned well from version to version, which is the main reason the game has much less people playing it these days. Those maps are still probably on servers and people still have them, you'll need to vote them in to get them played. Custom maps are still allowed and always will be. The fog command (/fog) goes from 0 to 1024, with 0 being the least. As soon as a map is voted in, "/fog 0" is the first thing I type (so I can see further), although if you have a bad computer you might even want to increase it depending on the map. The brightness command is actually /gamma, which is a slider in the options menu. There are a lot of basic commands, you can find the rest of them through the docs.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 14, 12:23PM)rapha Wrote: Also, could anyone tell me what happened to those maps like bc_dust & dust night, or skyscraper city & headshot city? I have the impression that custom maps are no longer played much, just vanilla - which is not bad, except sometimes ctf on douze with 16 ppl is a bit stupid.

Holy crap, even skyscraper city and headshot city players find ctf ac_douze with 16 ppl stupid!

Out of this, the commands are still the same except a few things.
/fog 1024
/fov 120
/gamma 200
/hitsound 1
/bind w [forward; sleep 1337 [savequit]]
Thanks given by:
Inb4 vanquish posts something about rapha and quake
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 14, 06:13PM)Marti Wrote: Inb4 vanquish posts something about rapha and quake

You don't know how close I was to making a joke about it :D
Thanks given by:
I only know of one twat around here, and thats Waffles. Hi there.
Thanks given by:
lol. hi optic.

/fov
/gamma
/animationinterpolationtime
/sensitivity
/hitsound 1 (or 2)

when you type most commands they'll have text appear explaining what they do.
also, you can muck about with commands by typing a slash and then a letter (i.e /a) and then tab through every command that starts with "a"

there is still a clan scene thats alive, albeit barely.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the Pits of Doom. ENJOY your stay. Muahahahahahahahaha
Thanks given by: