soundbible[dot]com
Hey, guys. I have a question.

Do you think that this sound is a rip off from Doom 3? I have doubts about it. It suppose to be a copyrighted media, don't you think..

Hell

I'm looking for some royalty free sounds for my next map.
Thanks given by:
That's what nightmares sound like..
Thanks given by:
freesound.org
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 13, 10:33PM)mpx Wrote: Hey, guys. I have a question.
Do you think that this sound is a rip off from Doom 3?

Although it has some resemblance here and there and does sounds like (hell and caverns areas) Doom3 distorted loops, I have played Doom3 (yet again) not long ago and I do remember pretty much that gloomy ambience so I'm almost certain that it's genuine stuff and not some dodgy rip off from one of our favourite game (it is for me anyway).

As for royalty free sounds the site you're on and the one Bukz suggested are pretty much good sources, no need to look any further.
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 13, 08:12AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(11 Dec 13, 10:33PM)mpx Wrote: Hey, guys. I have a question.
Do you think that this sound is a rip off from Doom 3?

Although it has some resemblance here and there and does sounds like (hell and caverns areas) Doom3 distorted loops, I have played Doom3 (yet again) not long ago and I do remember pretty much that gloomy ambience so I'm almost certain that it's genuine stuff and not some dodgy rip off from one of our favourite game (it is for me anyway).

As for royalty free sounds the site you're on and the one Bukz suggested are pretty much good sources, no need to look any further.

Black Catz is a kind of firecracker I assume? They're illegal in my state, I could definitely get some but I don't have the recording gear to record something that loud or a mobile recording rig to do it outdoors (it's probably not good to fill the studio with gunpowder smoke as there's tube amps and stuff in here it won't be good for). Why is it every problem in my life comes down to needing more $$$? hahaha.

Also, if any devs read this, I just put on 1.2.0.2 and none of my sounds are in there :( You guys are breaking my little sound engineering heart :(
Thanks given by:
hey jake,

we appreciate your work, it's just that we were focusing on other things.
don't worry ! i was about to PM you anyway.
Thanks given by: