What "behind the scenes" settings do you use?
Out of curiosity, what dev console settings do you use that you think would be generally effective for most players?

Things like texreduce, FOV, sensitivity vs. DPI, crosshair, etc?
Thanks given by:
Nothing abnormal...
FOV 120
Crosshair: default
Sensitivity: 8
Consize: 5 6

And.... AN UBERCUTE, EXCLUSIVE AND AWESOME AC translated to Italian
[Image: wLk0MBp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: LS0b8I1.jpg]

EDIT: and i'm using a custom crosshair
DOUBLE EDIT: mouse is a razer deathadder @ 1800dpi set to 500hz, 85.7cm/360
OMG TRIPLE EDIT: resolution is 1920x1080, i play on "high" settings. also I have no idea why so many of you use /lightscale 1, it barely gives you an advantage at all and it's so bright I can't actually see my crosshair properly which makes my aim shitty.
Thanks given by:
^Lol you told me today you used 0.26 sense xD
Thanks given by:
I probably meant to type 0.27 not 0.26, and a sensitivity of 270 with /sensitivityscale 999 is basically equivalent to /sensitivity 0.27 at the default sensitivityscale setting (since nobody really uses this command beside me, I just tell them that I'm using 0.27 so they don't get confused as people have done previously when I've brought up this command).
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 13, 11:26PM)Vanquish Wrote: [Image: LS0b8I1.jpg]

EDIT: and i'm using a custom crosshair
DOUBLE EDIT: mouse is a razer deathadder @ 1800dpi set to 500hz, 71cm/360

I use the same mouse, with 800 DPI, 1000Hz polling rate, and 1.1 in-game sensitivity. Also use gamma 150, I can't imagine using the default after giving 150 a go. The default is just so dark, it's asinine.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 13, 12:05AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: I use the same mouse, with 800 DPI, 1000Hz polling rate, and 1.1 in-game sensitivity. Also use gamma 150, I can't imagine using the default after giving 150 a go. The default is just so dark, it's asinine.

You made a great choice, it's an awesome mouse. I would only suggest that you set your polling rate to 500hz, as no mouse can handle a stable 1000hz input, it will always fluctuate between about 900-930ish, whereas if you set your mouse to 500hz, you will always get a stable 499hz input. That's just me nitpicking though. :D
And gamma 150 is cool, but I need to set mine to 200 since my monitor sucks.
Thanks given by:
FOV = 120
Same mouse as those 2^
My gamma is 200
Sensitivity is 13
"INSANE" textures.
Thanks given by:
the better question is how many cm per 180/360
93cm/360
Thanks given by:
Dpi: 5700x 4400y
Sens: 1.7
Fov: 108
Gamma: 160
Green dot xhair / custom scope
Texreduce: 1
Thanks given by:
Crosshair: star, 25
Mouse resolution: 46.2 cm/360 degrees
/fov 120
/sensitivity 1
/radarheight 200
/crosshairfx 0
/scalelights 1000 1000
/fog 1024
/texreduce 0
/gamma 175
/maxfps 175
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 13, 11:26PM)Vanquish Wrote: ...71cm/360

(21 Aug 13, 01:15AM)Xenon Wrote: ...93cm/360

:O
10.1cm/360
Thanks given by:
Hmm..
  • Mouse sens: around 65cm per 360 (0.60 in-game sens @ 800 DPI)
  • Crosshair: This depends on you. I use either the default (size 10) or a custom red dot (size 15).
  • FOV: 120
  • Gamma: 150
  • Texreduce: -1
  • Lightscale: 2 (I don't know how some people play with a value of 1)
  • Light error: 1
  • Radarheight: I change it depending on the map -- a value around 230 is a good "universal" value.
  • Fog: 1024
  • Hitsound: 1
  • Showscoresondeath: 0
  • Muted sounds: All voicecoms, pain, and flag sounds.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 13, 09:41AM)jamz Wrote:
(20 Aug 13, 11:26PM)Vanquish Wrote: ...71cm/360

(21 Aug 13, 01:15AM)Xenon Wrote: ...93cm/360

:O
10.1cm/360

o.O

Do you use a small mouse pad? Or just prefer wrist over arm?
Thanks given by:
/aimbot 1
Thanks given by:
^norwegian douchebag beat me to it :D

<3 carma
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 13, 10:00AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: ...just prefer wrist over arm?
Yes. I have a small mouse pad because I have only a small space in which to put it, and most of the time I move just my fingers.
Thanks given by:
Sens: 10
Mouse: shit

disabled pretty much every sound
gamma: 200 cuz yolo
texreduce: -1

capped fps at a stable 500

(rest is to be unknown to you all)
Thanks given by:
Some rC have modded there mapmodels so that its possible for them to throw nades through the window on d3 in cla base, they also deleted the bars on werk(why u think they jizz hard over this shit map?)
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 06:29AM)Vermi Wrote: Some rC have modded there mapmodels so that its possible for them to throw nades through the window on d3 in cla base

I'm not rC and I never modded any/my mapmodels, but it's still possibile for me to throw nades through that window in the CLA base.
(maybe a bug?) :)
Thanks given by:
lolno, if you want to "shoot through the bars" on werk just don't spray through them, the same goes for fences (like on shine). I thought this was well-known.

EDIT: and werk is a cool map! :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 10:02AM)Vanquish Wrote: EDIT: and werk is a cool map! :D

I like werk.
Thanks given by:
well obviously i don't understand shit about ac, but i still remember private rc forum info getting leaked about deleting map models etc
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 11:12AM)Vermi Wrote: well obviously i don't understand shit about ac, but i still remember private rc forum info getting leaked about deleting map models etc

inb4 DrauL mentioned that.

I SAID I LIKED WERK.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 06:29AM)Vermi Wrote: Some rC have modded there mapmodels so that its possible for them to throw nades through the window on d3 in cla base, they also deleted the bars on werk(why u think they jizz hard over this shit map?)

Oh yea cuz you know everything about our clients... -.-
Nobody deleted any mapmodels simply because it's illegal and considered as cheating...

Don't throw your rage cuz you can't play werk properly d:D

/ontopic
As for the settings this is what I use :3

[Image: OE1KZEe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i just have a mad hunch, I realize i can't prove it but it's just so easy and gives benefits why wouldn't a clan that looks for every little advantage do it? ive watched countless demos of you guys on werk and you have incredible accuracy for people who claim to be shooting through the bars, like no bullets at all hit the bars, to me that's as conclusive as it gets short of an ex member telling me that rC did in fact mod mapmodels, oh wait that happened too, shit.....
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 13, 09:41AM)jamz Wrote: 10.1cm/360
I was at work when I measured this, where I've just reinstalled my OS and didn't have everything set up correctly. I've just measured at home and it's 5.4cm/360.
Thanks given by:
If it's the ex-member I'm thinking of, he was the only one modding mapmodels (or "experimenting" with them, at least), and he's in another clan now anyway. No idea why he'd accuse us of doing something we told him not to do at the time, but meh.
EDIT: Once he told us about it, I actually PM'd jamz about it - maybe he can vouch for this if he still has the PM.

I did agree with part of your post though. If you think being able to hit bulllets through fences is "impossible" or "cheating", then as you said yourself, you don't understand shit about AC.
Thanks given by:
"Nobody deleted any mapmodels simply because it's illegal and considered as cheating..."

"he was the only one modding mapmodels"

so dam-dam is a compulsive liar or was he not a part of the team when this happened?
Thanks given by:
Neither, to my knowledge no current rC members have ever dabbled in questionable content modding.

EDIT: Can we talk about this PM? This thread was cool before you shat all over it.
Thanks given by: