What "behind the scenes" settings do you use?
I've learnt enough about dam-dam's personality already, thanks.
Thanks given by:
What ? Did Jorik deleted some of his mapmodels? lol I didn't even know. Well if I knew back then, we wouldve probably ask him to set them back up...
Whatever, what Vanquish said, Vermi if you have more complains, accusations or hypothesis about us, feel free to PM one of us instead of polluting the AC forum threads :)
Thanks given by:
7.4cm/360, wood as mousepad

I manually delete the fog when this one affects the gameplay too much on some rare maps, and I use the gamma script because AC fails with gamma settings on my laptop. That's all.

fov 120 obviously

(22 Aug 13, 10:02AM)Furios Wrote: I never modded any/my mapmodels, but it's still possibile for me to throw nades through that window in the CLA base.

Because the guy who clipped it can't count to 7.

(22 Aug 13, 11:17AM)DamDam Wrote: Nobody deleted any mapmodels simply because it's illegal and considered as cheating...

I never saw someone blacklisted because of that, especially those GsF client users.
Thanks given by:
wouldnt throwing a nade through that window be too obvious?

also i forgot to mention that i play with lightscale 1 and sunglasses
Thanks given by:
These high sensitivities are surprising. Maybe I should give it a go!

Now I want to make a "show off your setup" thread...
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 08:50PM)Marti Wrote: wouldnt throwing a nade through that window be too obvious?
This nade is perfectly possible though. Almost everyone knows about it. Anyways it's useless (unless u're playing in pubs), so why even make a scene about it?
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 13, 12:48PM)Vanquish Wrote: no current rC members have ever dabbled in questionable content modding.
hueuheuheuheuheeuh

:D

Edit:
It's normal to be able to throw nades through that window in D3; there's two different types of clip entities -- one of them only blocks players, appropriately called a "player clip".
Thanks given by:
This isn't true, Fate. The clip on that window is a standard clip (yellow), but, as Exo hinted, it's length is 6 when it should be 7. There is a small gap at each end where a nade can fit through, but I doubt this was intentional. If someone is putting nades through the centre of that window, they are cheating.
Thanks given by:
Graphics on "horrible", texreduce -1

sensitivity 2.2 at 6000 DPI, no acceleration
fov 120
scopefov 60
nosway 1
lightscale 1 (now, thanks)
hitsound 1
autoreload 0
oldfashionedgunstats 1
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:24PM)Jack Wrote: sensitivity 2.2 at 6000 DPI

[Image: XIQcpQ8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:19PM)jamz Wrote:
When I read "window" I literally thought of a window that lets you look outside. Heh.

Oops, but yeah, I misunderstood. :D
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's kind of slow, I think I'm getting RSI and shit, going to experiment with higher sensitivity later.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:57PM)Jack Wrote: it's kind of slow

Was going to say the exact opposite, isn't that like 3cm/360?

EDIT: I also miscalculated my sensitivity the first time, it is in fact 85.7cm/360. And I play on a 25x21cm QcK Mini, gg to me.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 01:07PM)Vanquish Wrote: [My sens is] 85.7cm/360. And I play on a 25x21cm QcK Mini, gg to me.
lolwut
[Image: lolwut.png]

Edit:
Actually, your mousepad size is fine. :D
Thanks given by:
Huge ass list...

Thanks given by:
800 dpi mouse that cost £2 ($3)
Use default mouse speed in windows. EPP turned off. 4 sensitivity. 0 acceleration.
Other settings not changed, to busy reinstalling all the time to customise settings.
Can't kill anyone.
Thanks given by:
Very interesting thread!

I think as a followup to this in the (near?) future it might be helpful to create a giant mega-thread that goes over each one of these dev console configurations and explains what each one does, why it's effective, and what settings are helpful in general.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 01:07PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(23 Aug 13, 12:57PM)Jack Wrote: it's kind of slow

Was going to say the exact opposite, isn't that like 3cm/360?

EDIT: I also miscalculated my sensitivity the first time, it is in fact 85.7cm/360. And I play on a 25x21cm QcK Mini, gg to me.

I measured and it looks like 15.5cm/360 unless I'm doing it wrong. Anyway I can't look around far enough without tweaking my wrist all the time.
Thanks given by:
well 2.2 at 6000 dpi should be fast as shit.

maybe you've got a number wrong somewhere in there.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:19PM)jamz Wrote: This isn't true, Fate. The clip on that window is a standard clip (yellow), but, as Exo hinted, it's length is 6 when it should be 7. There is a small gap at each end where a nade can fit through, but I doubt this was intentional. If someone is putting nades through the centre of that window, they are cheating.

One year and something playing and didn't know about it. Just once I saw a player throwing a nade through that window but I took no attention to it. For what I read, it is not forbidden and can be even exploited, am I right? (anyways, I don't think any 'high skill' player use it since it's too time-consuming to throw it there)
*EDIT: I try it on singleplayer and it's not hard. It should be considered cheating since that windows was meant to be closed. Players who don't know, don't use it of course. Disadvantage

ON TOPIC: I'll just let you know my sense and gamma lol
/sensitivity 0.96 (i think)
/gamma 300 lol
Thanks given by:
I don't know, to be sure. I'm using a Corsair Raptor M4 at the highest DPI setting, which should be 6000. But I did just remember I have some alterations to the mouse speed in X:

xset mouse 1/1000 1;
xinput --set-prop 'pointer:SONiX USB Device' 'Device Accel Constant Deceleration' 4.5

So that just might be the cause here, and if I didn't have those settings it would be fast as hell, yeah. Even as it is, it's kind of twitchy if I'm careless.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 12:19PM)jamz Wrote: This isn't true, Fate. The clip on that window is a standard clip (yellow), but, as Exo hinted, it's length is 6 when it should be 7. There is a small gap at each end where a nade can fit through, but I doubt this was intentional. If someone is putting nades through the centre of that window, they are cheating.

If this happens, it is possible that it could be a lag artifact I believe. Same way that a grenade may explode in a place that it does not appear.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 03:54AM)EndGame Wrote: It should be considered cheating since that windows was meant to be closed.

really? the map is made that way, how can you consider it cheating lol

also there are more stupid clips in d3 :D
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 13, 01:28PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: [*]/addOnLoadAlways [smoothmove 67]
[*]/addOnLoadAlways [smoothdist 10]
[*]/addOnLoadAlways [mutesound 62]

What does these commands do ? :)

EDIT:

/sensitivityscale 1
/sensitivity 0,6 @ 1000 dpi on a Razer Deathadder 3.5G Black (yes I know very clever, but I can't handle more dpi)
/fog 1024
/gamma 120
/lightscale 1
/hudgun 1
/scalelights 1000 1000
/fov 120
/hudgun 0
/maxfps 125
Thanks given by:
mutesound 62 disables the annoying sound after you're naded (bdiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingzah!).

The smoothmove and dist I can't remember exactly, but I think it just helped make the game run a little smoother with rendering (I could be wrong).
Thanks given by:
You really use /maxroll 10 D3MONWOLF ? I can't aim at all with this.
Thanks given by:
As per this thread, I am now using /lightscale 2 and /fog 1024. They make a world of difference in my visibility, I highly recommend it. /lightscale 1 feels too bright to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Demon, why would you use /maxroll 10? I turned it off and never looked back.
Thanks given by:
Yes I really use /maxroll 10 (used to use 15). I use it because I see around corners faster, resulting in a better chance of survival (try 20, see twice as fast, and to me it makes the game feel even faster).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the lightscale command is removed in SVN.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 13, 10:41PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: ... /maxroll 10 ... I see around corners faster...
This is a myth. maxroll is a graphical distortion only; it doesn't alter the position of anything. I'm not saying it doesn't help you, but it doesn't do what you're claiming.
Thanks given by:
It always appeared to me that way. Thank you for clarifying that it doesn't do that though. : )
Thanks given by: