Poll: How should we release the round maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Round maps should be released a week before the aforementioned round is due to be played
36.96%
17 36.96%
Round maps should be released entirely in advance
41.30%
19 41.30%
Round maps should be released in advance, except for the semifinals/finals
19.57%
9 19.57%
Other (please specify below)
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
ACWC Maps
ACWC Round Maps 2013

This year's round maps are released below. For the qualifiers, first and second rounds, only the first map will be played. The map in question will be played once on both sides. At the start of the match, an admin will shuffle the teams. The team with the most players on a certain side will play from this side first. After the match is over, sides are switched and the map is replayed. The match is scored based on the cumulative flags totalled at the end of both rounds. In the event of a tie, the tiebreak map will be played in much the same way.

For the semifinals and finals, both maps will be played on both sides, as opposed to just one map on both sides. Using the final as an example, two rounds of shine are played, and cumulative flags will be totalled to make the winner of round one. Then, two rounds of elevation will be played, and cumulative flags will be totalled to make the winner of round two. If there is no clear winner, a special entrusted, secret admin (who isn't playing this year's ACWC) will choose and then reveal a final tiebreak map to be played in the same way.

Qualifier Round Map
Qualifier Tiebreak Map
ac_ingressac_werk

1st Round Map
1st Round TB Map
ac_desert3ac_mines

2nd Round Map
2nd Round TB Map
ac_gothicac_urban

Semifinal Map 1
Semifinal Map 2
ac_powerac_sunset

Final Map 1
Final Map 2
ac_shineac_elevation

The bracket will be released soon.

The poll has ended, please ignore the following.
Thanks given by:
All players should know as soon as possible, like that, no kind of advantage will be given to any players, plus, teams will have more time to train on maps and it will probably offer some more interesting and intense matches.
Thanks given by:
We will keep poll vote to decide (in an ideal world)...
Thanks given by:
Actually I'd like it best to see a full map pool released in advance but no round maps until a week before the matches. But dunno if you planned it like this anyways ;)
Thanks given by:
We (as admins) believe there are merits to both decisions, which is why we're letting this poll run for a week. At the end of the week, we will run with the option that has the most votes. Please keep your input and votes coming - everything is taken into consideration!
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 10:30AM)Robtics Wrote: Actually I'd like it best to see a full map pool released in advance but no round maps until a week before the matches.
+1

And because we don't live in an ideal world, I reckon there should be someone who isn't participating in this tournament announcing the maps a week or so before the round.
Obviously that person (or persons) would also be deciding what maps are going to be played for what round (along with maps for tie-breakers). And in this scenario, it's assumed the map pool has already been released.
Thanks given by:
My only hope about maps is not about their release dates, I just hope only maps wich fit with the match mode will be picked. No annoying keller, arabian etc...
Thanks given by:
+1 Exo, You should ban some maps which are just too boring to play/watch.
Thanks given by:
I think this will be the map pool:
  • Desert3
  • Elevation
  • Gothic
  • Ingress
  • Mines
  • Power
  • Shine
  • Sunset
  • Urban
  • Werk
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 12:00PM)ExodusS Wrote: No annoying arabian

arabian isnt annoying at all, you just need to know how to play it :D

and it will be banned cuz it cant be played on a mac :)
Thanks given by:
It can be played on mac.

Arabian is also extremely biased But the acwc rules make up for this.

Map pool, release maps a week prior. Dedicated tiebreak maps (sunset, shine, depot)
Thanks given by:
I find arabian pretty fun to play.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 12:00PM)ExodusS Wrote: [...] No annoying keller, etc...[...]

What's boring for you might be interesting for someone else. It depends on the eye of the beholder. For instance, elevation is super boring for me. However, I don't demand it to be out of tournament. Same with all maps. Let's the organizers decide. For the biased stuff, each team plays in both sides right?

I hope the map pool be released asap so teams have time to study and practice them.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 12:36PM)Fate Wrote: I think this will be the map pool:
  • Desert3
  • Elevation
  • Gothic
  • Ingress
  • Mines
  • Power
  • Shine
  • Sunset
  • Urban
  • Werk

+1

i think gothic and ingress should be removed from that because they are anti-fun but otherwise i agree.

i think you should release the maps a week beforehand because otherwise it just becomes whoever can nerd the hardest. last ACWC aus was biggest nerd in the classroom.
Thanks given by:
Hope there is also no ac_depot, because it's the ultimate annoying map to spectate.
Thanks given by:
There are objectively boring maps, so it's not a subjective thing. Keller is a box for instance, but disallowing maps should have greater purpose than to not be boring. Should be a test of player skill across different gameplay environments
Thanks given by:
even though this is a 1.104 cup; what about 1.2 maps?

might add some spice to the maprot
Thanks given by:
Not everyone will have free time a week before a match, and even if some did their mates would have to be free at the same time to train. I'm for releasing the maps ASAP so that everyone has time to coordinate times and train with their team.

@Waffles: Boredom is an emotional state brought on by someone's thoughts and opinions. I don't see how a map can be objectively boring. I do realize that the majority may share the same opinions about a map, that's about as close as you can get to objectively boring. Agreed about maps being disallowed for reasons greater than it being boring.
Thanks given by:
You're playing an ACWC, not a fun match. If you cant train, it's probably better to not play.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 10:25PM)Reedie-oH Wrote: You're playing an ACWC, not a fun match. If you cant train, it's probably better to not play.

its just a game tho
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 04:02AM)Undead Wrote:
(11 Jul 13, 10:25PM)Reedie-oH Wrote: You're playing an ACWC, not a fun match. If you cant train, it's probably better to not play.

its just a game tho

I was curious about this myself.
Thanks given by:

what if you just want to represent your country?
Thanks given by:
Eu gostaria de ser mapas de tamanhos adequados para 3x3 como mines, depot, d3, mapas muito grandes será difícil de encontrar os adversários e creio que poderia mostrar os mapas com antecedência pois o modo CTF já sabemos thank you so much!
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 04:52PM)ursopufe Wrote: Eu gostaria de ser mapas de tamanhos adequados para 3x3 como mines, depot, d3, mapas muito grandes será difícil de encontrar os adversários e creio que poderia mostrar os mapas com antecedência pois o modo CTF já sabemos thank you so much!

You're welcome.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 08:14PM)Cemer Wrote: even though this is a 1.104 cup; what about 1.2 maps?

i dont want to be arrogant with a self bump, but i was wondering if this would be accepted
Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 13, 05:52PM)Cemer Wrote:
(11 Jul 13, 08:14PM)Cemer Wrote: even though this is a 1.104 cup; what about 1.2 maps?

i dont want to be arrogant with a self bump, but i was wondering if this would be accepted

Since hardly any clans have played the new maps in matches, I doubt it.

Nice idea though, another way to change things up a bit (line the idea about other modes).
Thanks given by:
Voting is up, our map pool has been released. ac_arabian was removed due to its incompatibility with Mac's, while the others were removed due to unpopularity, bias and glitching reasons.

[Image: 818no6d.jpg]

You'll see the round maps released shortly.
Thanks given by:
No avenue, no hope. :(
Thanks given by:
iceroad? depot? keller?

why?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 13, 05:46PM)Vanquish Wrote: ac_arabian was removed due to its incompatibility with Mac's.
This is actually really easy to fix, you just have to re-download the .cgz (and maybe the .cfg I forget) file (RR can provide a link) and you should be all set.
This applies to toxic as well.
Though arabian would not be a fun match pick to watch.

(18 Jul 13, 05:46PM)Vanquish Wrote: others were removed due to...bias
You removed arid and aqueous, fine. But you remove outpost but not urban (and to a lesser extent, gothic, which I guess is understandable more teams enjoy playing)?
Thanks given by: